EPG123 Bug Reports

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Important Information
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: http://epg123.garyan2.net <> Setup guide here: http://epg123.garyan2.net/downloads/epg123_Guide.pdf

Re: EPG123 Bug Reports

Post#581 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:12 pm

Looks like your database is corrupted. I would recommend you do a database rebuild with the EPG123 client. If that doesn't work for some reason, the only thing left is a clean start.
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#582 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:00 pm

garyan2 wrote:Looks like your database is corrupted. I would recommend you do a database rebuild with the EPG123 client. If that doesn't work for some reason, the only thing left is a clean start.

That did the trick, this is the first time i have ever had to do this, I will know next time it happens that this is the procedure.
bigjohns97
 
Posts: 30
Joined: 26 October 2012
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#583 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:33 pm

Hello! Love EPG123...

I'm having an issue. My scheduled task seems to be a hit-or-miss. Sometimes it completes, sometimes it doesn't.

I see this in my log on the 'miss' days:
[8/4/2017 8:00:55 AM] [ERROR] Error using loadmxf.exe to import new guide information. Exit code: -1
[8/4/2017 8:00:55 AM] Exiting importMxfFile(). FAILURE.
[8/4/2017 8:00:55 AM] [ERROR] Failed to import .mxf file. Exiting.

Does WMC have to be closed for this portion to work?

Today, I happen to be watching a channel when the scheduled kicked off. I didn't know anything was wrong until about 10 minutes after the schedule. I got a WMC Crash. When I restarted WMC, I got a message stating that WMC had to correct an error in my guide, and that I needed to check my scheduled recordings. I checked the guide, and everything said "No Data Available".

I closed WMC and manually started the EPG123 update using "Save & Execute", and everything came back.

I updated to v1.1.11 the other day, but still get the hit-or-miss.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
User avatar
dejavux2
 
Posts: 82
Joined: 10 August 2011
5+ YrsTGB Veteran

Post#584 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:00 am

dejavux2 wrote:Hello! Love EPG123...

I'm having an issue. My scheduled task seems to be a hit-or-miss. Sometimes it completes, sometimes it doesn't.

I see this in my log on the 'miss' days:
[8/4/2017 8:00:55 AM] [ERROR] Error using loadmxf.exe to import new guide information. Exit code: -1
[8/4/2017 8:00:55 AM] Exiting importMxfFile(). FAILURE.
[8/4/2017 8:00:55 AM] [ERROR] Failed to import .mxf file. Exiting.

Does WMC have to be closed for this portion to work?

Today, I happen to be watching a channel when the scheduled kicked off. I didn't know anything was wrong until about 10 minutes after the schedule. I got a WMC Crash. When I restarted WMC, I got a message stating that WMC had to correct an error in my guide, and that I needed to check my scheduled recordings. I checked the guide, and everything said "No Data Available".

I closed WMC and manually started the EPG123 update using "Save & Execute", and everything came back.

I updated to v1.1.11 the other day, but still get the hit-or-miss.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

WMC doesn't have to be closed, but problems are more likely to occur if it is open and you're watching/recording something. It's hard to pin down the reason for a failed import, and in this case a database dump, but the only thing I've noticed that has significantly increase the possibility of a failed import is high hard drive activity. It would be best to schedule your updates during an inactive time.

Sorry, that's the best I got.
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#585 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:34 pm

Hello,
I had been running EPG123 successfully for some time. Suddenly (back in June) EPG123 became unable to log in to my Schedules Direct account. Here is the trace.log of the last successful (11/06/2017) and the first unsuccessful (12/06/2017) run:

Code: Select all
[11/06/2017 02:03:00] ===============================================================================
[11/06/2017 02:03:00]  Beginning epg123 update execution.
[11/06/2017 02:03:00] ===============================================================================
[11/06/2017 02:03:00] [ INFO] Successfully retrieved TMDb configurations.
[11/06/2017 02:03:00] [ INFO] epg123 version 1.1.3 , DaysToDownload: 14 , PrefixEpisodeTitle: False , AppendEpisodeDesc: True , TMDbCoverArt: False , LogoOverride: False , AutoAddNew: False
[11/06/2017 02:03:01] [ INFO] Token request successful. serverID: 20141201.web.1
[11/06/2017 02:03:01] [ INFO] epg123 is not up to date. Latest version is 1.1.6 and can be downloaded from http://epg123.garyan2.net.
[11/06/2017 02:03:01] [ INFO] Successfully requested listing of client lineups from Schedules Direct.
[11/06/2017 02:03:01] [ INFO] Successfully retrieved the station mapping for lineup GBR-0001505-DEFAULT.
[11/06/2017 02:03:02] [ALERT] **** Lineup BSkyB - United Kingdom (United Kingdom) has added station 99597 (S4CHDVM). ****
[11/06/2017 02:03:02] [ALERT] **** Lineup BSkyB - United Kingdom (United Kingdom) has added station 103634 (KEEPIC). ****
[11/06/2017 02:03:02] [ALERT] **** Lineup BSkyB - United Kingdom (United Kingdom) has added station 103633 (POPP1). ****
[11/06/2017 02:03:02] [ALERT] **** Lineup BSkyB - United Kingdom (United Kingdom) has added station 100706 (RISHCIN). ****
[11/06/2017 02:03:02] [ALERT] **** Lineup BSkyB - United Kingdom (United Kingdom) has added station 103843 (ISLAMVM). ****
[11/06/2017 02:03:02] [ALERT] **** Lineup BSkyB - United Kingdom (United Kingdom) has added station 103842 (ISLURVM). ****
[11/06/2017 02:03:02] [ INFO] Successfully retrieved the station mapping for lineup GBR-0003012-DEFAULT.
[11/06/2017 02:03:02] [ALERT] **** Lineup Freesat - England (United Kingdom) has added station 99597 (S4CHDVM). ****
[11/06/2017 02:03:02] [ALERT] **** Lineup Freesat - England (United Kingdom) has added station 103634 (KEEPIC). ****
[11/06/2017 02:03:02] [ALERT] **** Lineup Freesat - England (United Kingdom) has added station 103633 (POPP1). ****
[11/06/2017 02:03:02] [ALERT] **** Lineup Freesat - England (United Kingdom) has added station 103843 (ISLAMVM). ****
[11/06/2017 02:03:02] Entering getAllScheduleEntryMd5s() for 14 days on 34 stations.
[11/06/2017 02:03:03] [ INFO] Successfully retrieved Md5s for 34 station's daily schedules.
[11/06/2017 02:03:03] [ INFO] Successfully retrieved 34 station's daily schedules.
[11/06/2017 02:03:05] Exiting getAllScheduleEntryMd5s(). SUCCESS.
[11/06/2017 02:03:05] Entering buildAllProgramEntries() for 2086 programs.
[11/06/2017 02:03:06] [ INFO] Successfully retrieved 609 programs metadata.
[11/06/2017 02:03:09] Exiting buildAllProgramEntries(). SUCCESS.
[11/06/2017 02:03:09] Entering buildAllGenericSeriesInfoDescriptions() for 618 series.
[11/06/2017 02:03:09] [ INFO] Successfully retrieved 144 programs generic description metadata.
[11/06/2017 02:03:10] Exiting buildAllGenericSeriesInfoDescriptions(). SUCCESS.
[11/06/2017 02:03:10] Entering getAllMoviePosters() for 86 movies.
[11/06/2017 02:03:10] [ INFO] Successfully retrieved artwork info for 26 programs.
[11/06/2017 02:03:10] Exiting getAllMoviePosters(). SUCCESS.
[11/06/2017 02:03:10] Entering getAllSeriesImages() for 618 series.
[11/06/2017 02:03:11] [ INFO] Successfully retrieved artwork info for 156 programs.
[11/06/2017 02:03:11] Exiting getAllSeriesImages(). SUCCESS.
[11/06/2017 02:03:11] Entering writeMxf().
[11/06/2017 02:03:12] Exiting writeMxf(). SUCCESS.
[11/06/2017 02:03:12] Entering writeImageArchive().
[11/06/2017 02:03:12] Exiting writeImageArchive(). SUCCESS.
[11/06/2017 02:03:12] [ INFO] 683 files deleted from the cache directory during cleanup.
[11/06/2017 02:03:12] [STATS] Generated .mxf file contains 34 services, 618 series, 2086 programs, and 4182 people with 703 image links.
[11/06/2017 02:03:12] [STATS] epg123 update execution time was 00:00:12.2600172.
[11/06/2017 02:03:12] ====================== Beginning epg123 client execution. =====================
[11/06/2017 02:03:12] [ INFO] Import=True , Match=False , NoLogo=False
[11/06/2017 02:03:12] [ INFO] import filename = epg123.mxf
[11/06/2017 02:03:16] [ INFO] Successfully imported .mxf file into Media Center. Exit code: 0
[11/06/2017 02:03:16] [ INFO] Completed lineup refresh.
[11/06/2017 02:03:16] [ INFO] SUCCESS: Attempted to run the scheduled task "Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\ReindexSearchRoot".
[11/06/2017 02:03:16] [ INFO] Successfully started the ReindexSearchRoot task. Exit code: 0
[11/06/2017 02:03:16] [STATS] epg123Client mxf load and database reindex execution time was 00:00:03.7700052.
[11/06/2017 02:03:16] ====================== Completed epg123 client execution. =====================
[12/06/2017 02:03:00] ===============================================================================
[12/06/2017 02:03:00]  Beginning epg123 update execution.
[12/06/2017 02:03:00] ===============================================================================
[12/06/2017 02:03:01] [ INFO] Successfully retrieved TMDb configurations.
[12/06/2017 02:03:01] [ INFO] epg123 version 1.1.3 , DaysToDownload: 14 , PrefixEpisodeTitle: False , AppendEpisodeDesc: True , TMDbCoverArt: False , LogoOverride: False , AutoAddNew: False
[12/06/2017 02:03:43] [ERROR] Did not receive a response from Schedules Direct for a token request.
[12/06/2017 02:03:43] [ERROR] Failed to retrieve Token from Schedules Direct. Exiting.
[12/06/2017 02:03:43] [STATS] epg123 update execution time was 00:00:42.7600598.
[12/06/2017 02:03:43] ====================== Beginning epg123 client execution. =====================
[12/06/2017 02:03:43] [ INFO] Import=True , Match=False , NoLogo=False
[12/06/2017 02:03:44] [ INFO] import filename = epg123.mxf
[12/06/2017 02:03:49] [ INFO] Successfully imported .mxf file into Media Center. Exit code: 0
[12/06/2017 02:03:49] [ INFO] Completed lineup refresh.
[12/06/2017 02:03:49] [ INFO] SUCCESS: Attempted to run the scheduled task "Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\ReindexSearchRoot".
[12/06/2017 02:03:49] [ INFO] Successfully started the ReindexSearchRoot task. Exit code: 0
[12/06/2017 02:03:49] [STATS] epg123Client mxf load and database reindex execution time was 00:00:05.3200075.
[12/06/2017 02:03:49] ====================== Completed epg123 client execution. =====================


I can log in with a browser to the Schedules Direct site, and can confirm that my account is active.

If I attempt to log in to SD through the EPG123 GUI, the following errors occur:

Code: Select all
Logging in to Schedules Direct ...

SD API WebException Thrown.
Message: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
 Status: TrustFailure


I would now really like to get EPG123 working again, but I have no idea where to begin. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
RichardH
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 5 August 2017

Post#586 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:26 pm

RichardH wrote:I can log in with a browser to the Schedules Direct site, and can confirm that my account is active.

If I attempt to log in to SD through the EPG123 GUI, the following errors occur:

Code: Select all
Logging in to Schedules Direct ...

SD API WebException Thrown.
Message: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
 Status: TrustFailure


I would now really like to get EPG123 working again, but I have no idea where to begin. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This error looks like a firewall or security software blocking the https call to SD from EPG123. You are basically not even establishing a connection with SD to be either allowed or denied access with your username/password. I don't recall every seeing or hearing of this error before.

You can disable your firewall and see if EPG123 can then reach out to the servers.
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#587 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:33 am

Gary, thank you so much for developing and maintaining EPG123. I have unfortunately had to be without a cable connection to my WMC since before the Rovi data nightmare began, but when I get connected again, I look forward to using your software. Do you plan to maintain it after Microsoft drops support for WMC?

My bug report is just a website text "bug". In the benefits list, you include "piece of mind". That probably doesn't give some details-oriented folks that are potential customers much peace of mind. ;)
User avatar
Dan Harkless
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 7 August 2017
Location: Orange County, California
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#588 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:55 am

I'd like to give Microsoft a piece of my mind!
technodevotee
 
Posts: 117
Joined: 10 September 2015
Location: West Midlands
HTPC Specs: Show details
Technodevotee

Post#589 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:13 pm

Dan Harkless wrote:Gary, thank you so much for developing and maintaining EPG123. I have unfortunately had to be without a cable connection to my WMC since before the Rovi data nightmare began, but when I get connected again, I look forward to using your software. Do you plan to maintain it after Microsoft drops support for WMC?

My bug report is just a website text "bug". In the benefits list, you include "piece of mind". That probably doesn't give some details-oriented folks that are potential customers much peace of mind. ;)

Wow, I think it may be evident it was late when I built that webpage. Thank you for pointing that out ... I"ll get it fixed. Concerning continued support for epg123, I certainly will support it for at least as long as I am a user. It will also, eventually, be put on Github so if at anytime I stop, someone else can pick up the reins.

technodevotee wrote:I'd like to give Microsoft a piece of my mind!

:lol: :clap:
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#590 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:54 am

garyan2 wrote:This error looks like a firewall or security software blocking the https call to SD from EPG123. You are basically not even establishing a connection with SD to be either allowed or denied access with your username/password. I don't recall every seeing or hearing of this error before.

You can disable your firewall and see if EPG123 can then reach out to the servers.


Thanks for the quick response. Disabling the firewall has no effect, unfortunately. This problem actually started about the time SD was processing my payment for subscription renewal, so I was beginning to suspect an admin error on their part. However, I understand from your reply that the problem must be on my machine.

I will try a clean install with the latest version to see what happens.
RichardH
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 5 August 2017

Post#591 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:15 am

... same thing - no response from SD, so cannot proceed past step 3 of installation. Weird. What else could I try, I wonder?
RichardH
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 5 August 2017

Post#592 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:26 pm

RichardH wrote:... same thing - no response from SD, so cannot proceed past step 3 of installation. Weird. What else could I try, I wonder?

Really not a clue on this one. Do you have any other machines you can put epg123 on to see if it can communicate with SD? EPG123 is a stand-alone so you don't need to be on a machine with WMC ... just needs to be Windows with .NET 4 or above.
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#593 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:39 pm

Well, I have established that if I connect to Internet through my iPhone hotspot, the problem goes away. So it appears my cable modem or cable provider are blocking the connection initiated by EPG123 (but allowing login through a browser). Disabling the modem firewall has no effect. Anyway, it's not a bug in EPG123! Otherwise I am still baffled.
RichardH
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 5 August 2017

Post#594 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:13 pm

(as always thanks for what you do!)

Things have been going well for a week or so now so I stopped compulsively checking. Today I took a look and found a problem (bolded below):

8/8/2017 3:01:00 AM] [ INFO] Beginning EPG123 update execution. 2017-08-08 10:01:00Z
[8/8/2017 3:01:00 AM] [ INFO] DaysToDownload: 21 , PrefixEpisodeTitle: True , AppendEpisodeDesc: True , TMDbCoverArt: False , LogoOverride: False , AutoAddNew: True
[8/8/2017 3:01:04 AM] [ INFO] Token request successful. serverID: 20141201.web.1
[8/8/2017 3:01:05 AM] [ INFO] Status request successful. account expires: 2018-07-15T16:25:10Z , lineups: 1/4 , lastDataUpdate: 2017-08-08T02:24:19Z
[8/8/2017 3:01:05 AM] [ INFO] system status: Online , message: No known issues.
[8/8/2017 3:01:05 AM] [WARNG] epg123 is not up to date. Latest version is 1.1.13 and can be downloaded from http://epg123.garyan2.net.
[8/8/2017 3:01:05 AM] [ INFO] Successfully retrieved TMDb configurations.
[8/8/2017 3:01:05 AM] [ INFO] Successfully requested listing of client lineups from Schedules Direct.
[8/8/2017 3:01:05 AM] Entering buildLineupServices() for 1 lineups.
[8/8/2017 3:01:07 AM] [ INFO] Successfully retrieved the station mapping for lineup USA-CA04600-X.
[8/8/2017 3:01:26 AM] Exiting buildLineupServices(). SUCCESS.
[8/8/2017 3:01:26 AM] Entering getAllScheduleEntryMd5s() for 21 days on 650 stations.
[8/8/2017 3:01:53 AM] [ INFO] Successfully retrieved Md5s for 650 station's daily schedules.
[8/8/2017 3:03:04 AM] [ INFO] Found 9845 cached daily schedules.
[8/8/2017 3:03:09 AM] [ INFO] Successfully retrieved 650 station's daily schedules.
[8/8/2017 3:11:30 AM] [ERROR] Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed.
[8/8/2017 3:11:30 AM] [ERROR] Problem occurred during getMd5ScheduleEntries(). Exiting.

[8/8/2017 3:11:30 AM] [ERROR] Failed to create MXF file. Exiting.

Not having a clue I reset the scheduled task to happen a minute away and let it run. Probably not the right thing to do (?). epg123Client shows in event viewer but not EPG123. So then I found in this thread the thing about save and execute and tried that.

Previously I was down to 19 days (though that may make sense, I've seen it before before an update which sometimes gets me 20 days, sometimes 21). After the save and execute, I was back at 21. So I guess things are fixed.

So this is more of an FYI and, gee, what happened sort of thing. My normal run time is 3:01am. The PC is used for nothing else.

Thoughts (and thanks)
mafaldatv
 
Posts: 72
Joined: 14 June 2016

Post#595 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:00 pm

mafaldatv wrote:(as always thanks for what you do!)

Things have been going well for a week or so now so I stopped compulsively checking. Today I took a look and found a problem (bolded below):

8/8/2017 3:01:00 AM] [ INFO] Beginning EPG123 update execution. 2017-08-08 10:01:00Z
[8/8/2017 3:01:00 AM] [ INFO] DaysToDownload: 21 , PrefixEpisodeTitle: True , AppendEpisodeDesc: True , TMDbCoverArt: False , LogoOverride: False , AutoAddNew: True
[8/8/2017 3:01:04 AM] [ INFO] Token request successful. serverID: 20141201.web.1
[8/8/2017 3:01:05 AM] [ INFO] Status request successful. account expires: 2018-07-15T16:25:10Z , lineups: 1/4 , lastDataUpdate: 2017-08-08T02:24:19Z
[8/8/2017 3:01:05 AM] [ INFO] system status: Online , message: No known issues.
[8/8/2017 3:01:05 AM] [WARNG] epg123 is not up to date. Latest version is 1.1.13 and can be downloaded from http://epg123.garyan2.net.
[8/8/2017 3:01:05 AM] [ INFO] Successfully retrieved TMDb configurations.
[8/8/2017 3:01:05 AM] [ INFO] Successfully requested listing of client lineups from Schedules Direct.
[8/8/2017 3:01:05 AM] Entering buildLineupServices() for 1 lineups.
[8/8/2017 3:01:07 AM] [ INFO] Successfully retrieved the station mapping for lineup USA-CA04600-X.
[8/8/2017 3:01:26 AM] Exiting buildLineupServices(). SUCCESS.
[8/8/2017 3:01:26 AM] Entering getAllScheduleEntryMd5s() for 21 days on 650 stations.
[8/8/2017 3:01:53 AM] [ INFO] Successfully retrieved Md5s for 650 station's daily schedules.
[8/8/2017 3:03:04 AM] [ INFO] Found 9845 cached daily schedules.
[8/8/2017 3:03:09 AM] [ INFO] Successfully retrieved 650 station's daily schedules.
[8/8/2017 3:11:30 AM] [ERROR] Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed.
[8/8/2017 3:11:30 AM] [ERROR] Problem occurred during getMd5ScheduleEntries(). Exiting.

[8/8/2017 3:11:30 AM] [ERROR] Failed to create MXF file. Exiting.

Not having a clue I reset the scheduled task to happen a minute away and let it run. Probably not the right thing to do (?). epg123Client shows in event viewer but not EPG123. So then I found in this thread the thing about save and execute and tried that.

Previously I was down to 19 days (though that may make sense, I've seen it before before an update which sometimes gets me 20 days, sometimes 21). After the save and execute, I was back at 21. So I guess things are fixed.

So this is more of an FYI and, gee, what happened sort of thing. My normal run time is 3:01am. The PC is used for nothing else.

Thoughts (and thanks)

Do you have any other appliance that uses Schedules Direct around the same time? I can't remember if this is the same error you would get it your token was changed during an update session.
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#596 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:58 pm

Do you have any other appliance that uses Schedules Direct around the same time? I can't remember if this is the same error you would get it your token was changed during an update session.


Nope. That's all I've got... One machine dedicated to recordings.
mafaldatv
 
Posts: 72
Joined: 14 June 2016

Post#597 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:01 am

RichardH wrote:Well, I have established that if I connect to Internet through my iPhone hotspot, the problem goes away. So it appears my cable modem or cable provider are blocking the connection initiated by EPG123 (but allowing login through a browser). Disabling the modem firewall has no effect. Anyway, it's not a bug in EPG123! Otherwise I am still baffled.


A few years ago my router decided to block inbound FTP traffic. I tried everything - disabling the firewall, allowing all traffic, putting the PC in a DMZ, custom rules, factory reset, firmware upgrades but it didn't make any difference.

I got a newer model of the same router, which works fine but to this day the old one still blocks inbound FTP even thought everything else I've tried works.

My point is - that sort of thing can happen.
technodevotee
 
Posts: 117
Joined: 10 September 2015
Location: West Midlands
HTPC Specs: Show details
Technodevotee

Post#598 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:01 am

technodevotee wrote:My point is - that sort of thing can happen.

You're right. Yesterday afternoon I tried everything I could think of and nothing worked. I gave up and went out for a bite to eat. When I came back EPG123 was able to log in again.
Code: Select all
[08/08/2017 14:00:00] ===============================================================================
[08/08/2017 14:00:00]  Activating the epg123 configuration GUI.
[08/08/2017 14:00:00] ===============================================================================
[08/08/2017 14:00:01] [ERROR] SD API WebException Thrown. Message: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. , Status: TrustFailure
[08/08/2017 14:00:01] [ERROR] Did not receive a response from Schedules Direct for a version check.
[08/08/2017 14:00:01] [ INFO] Successfully queried the Task Scheduler for status. . Last Run 06/08/2017 19:03:26; Exit: 0x00041301
[08/08/2017 14:00:13] [ERROR] SD API WebException Thrown. Message: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. , Status: TrustFailure
[08/08/2017 14:00:13] [ERROR] Did not receive a response from Schedules Direct for a token request.
[08/08/2017 14:03:32] [ERROR] SD API WebException Thrown. Message: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. , Status: TrustFailure
[08/08/2017 14:03:32] [ERROR] Did not receive a response from Schedules Direct for a token request.
[08/08/2017 19:13:42] [ INFO] Token request successful. serverID: 20141201.web.1
[08/08/2017 19:13:47] [ INFO] Status request successful. account expires: 2018-07-25T10:07:32Z , lineups: 2/4 , lastDataUpdate: 2017-08-08T12:44:56Z
[08/08/2017 19:13:47] [ INFO] system status: Online , message: No known issues.
[08/08/2017 19:13:47] [ INFO] Successfully requested listing of client lineups from Schedules Direct.
[08/08/2017 19:13:48] [ INFO] Successfully retrieved the station mapping for lineup GBR-0001505-DEFAULT.
[08/08/2017 19:13:49] [ INFO] Successfully retrieved the station mapping for lineup GBR-0003012-DEFAULT.

What happened when it suddenly started working again yesterday is as mysterious as why it suddenly stopped working in June.

I am looking forward to resuming guide downloads without problems, as before.

Gary - please keep up the good work.
RichardH
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 5 August 2017

Post#599 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:59 pm

Updated from a clean install of v1.1.10 to v1.1.13 due to problems being able to change Schedules Direct password and still unable to change it (UserID & Password fields are still greyed out). Any ideas? Will I need to uninstall/reinstall EPG123 package entirely???
WayneyD
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 August 2017

Post#600 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:31 pm

WayneyD wrote:Updated from a clean install of v1.1.10 to v1.1.13 due to problems being able to change Schedules Direct password and still unable to change it (UserID & Password fields are still greyed out). Any ideas? Will I need to uninstall/reinstall EPG123 package entirely???

:what the heck: How many times do I have to fix this? I swear this is like the 3rd time I have addressed a password change problem and it somehow comes back. I know for sure I thoroughly checked out the last fix and it worked.

Anyway, quick and dirty fix.

Rename your epg123.cfg file to epg123old.cfg.
Open EPG123 configuration GUI, login to Schedules Direct with new password, and click Save.
Exit EPG123 configuration GUI.
Open the new epg123.cfg file in notepad.exe and copy the 3rd through 6th lines ... from <UserAccount> to </UserAccount>.
Open the epg123old.cfg file and paste over the existing user account lines.
Save the epg123old.cfg file.
Delete the new epg123.cfg file.
Rename epg123old.cfg to epg123.cfg.
Open the EPG123 configuration GUI to very you can login.

I'll check my code out again and run it through some tests. There is no reason for this to be so difficult.

Sorry.
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

PreviousNext

Return to EPG123



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron