garyan2 wrote:Everything looks fine ... nothing wrong that I can see with the keywords or keyword groups. I do, however, notice you are using a version prior to 1.0.0, so that might be an option to try and clear this up if it is the mxf file.
OK, well, this has been another strange adventure, and the problem seems to be corrected. However, I'll share the experience in case it is of use to you.
Downloaded and copied 1.0.2 files into place. As I started epg123.exe, I got the following from Norton Security:
Don't know if this is similar to what was happening with Defender, except that this is about web traffic. Either way, allowing traffic made this particular problem go away.
Then I reran epg123.exe and got the same error. On advice you'd given me in the past in this forum, tried the following command:
- Code: Select all
start /wait c:\windows\ehome\mcupdate.exe -dbgc
Windows popped up a crash window. Thinking maybe this was another fluke, I reran the above command again, and once again got the same error. I further researched the error online, and something one person said in a forum made me think to check for running ("stuck"?) processes, and I found mcupdate.exe still running in the background. So I decided to throw caution to the wind, and use the End Task button on mcupdate.exe and any running eh* processes.
Then, just to see what all this was doing to my schedule, I started WMC, and got a message saying that problems with my guide were being corrected, and guide data would be downloaded again. So I tried running epg123.exe again, and this time, not only did it complete without error, but it ran much faster than the last few tries.
I cannot say that any of this represents a straight line, repeatable process (since, I confess, I was juggling other matters on other screens at the time), but it's nice to see it back to being the well-behaved process I've been experiencing since installing EPG123.
Thanks again for all your work!