Introducing EPG123

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
choliscott

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by choliscott » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:43 pm

garyan2 wrote:
aznativekurt wrote:Can anyone confirm if this will work with the Win 10 hacked version of WMC? I really want to keep WMC for windows 10 and the hack version works except for the guide.
Interested in the answer to this as well. I would also like to verify it is working with Win 8.1 or not. I've only tested it on 7, but should be okay with 8.1 as it is right now.
I've been trying this on Win 8.1 and besides the time out error a couple posts above, it's been working great.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:56 pm

rkulagow wrote:
garyan2 wrote: This is part of my error handling I need to work on. The request to Schedules Direct timed out and I am not gracefully exiting or trying again. This will be on the top of the list to work on when I can.
If you pull 0.28-dev of the mfdb-json.php code in github

https://github.com/SchedulesDirect/mfdb ... b-json.php

take a look at the routine starting at line 588 and then a very similar routine at line 712.
Will do. No reason to reinvent the wheel ... though I usually do just to learn more.

Good tip. Thank you.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Mike88

Post by Mike88 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:49 pm

Scallica & STC -

Thanks,

I never heard of a “shadow topic” & never realized this thread was in the 3rd Party Apps sub-forum.

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:14 am

Ok I came across another issue. When I look at the EPG123 lineup, I am missing a couple of channels.

When I log into the SD website & look at the same line up as the one I have in EPG123 it's showing there.

One thing I noticed is that SD has the same channel call sign listed twice for two different channels.

Does EPG123 only allow for one instance of the same channel name (thus take the first one & ignore the rest)?

Below are the channels I am referring to, with the ones in bold being the only ones appearing in the EPG123 channel lineup

180 NFLHD

418 NFLHD

417 NFLNET

3KWPXDT

103KWPXDT

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:21 pm

choliscott wrote:Ok I came across another issue. When I look at the EPG123 lineup, I am missing a couple of channels.

When I log into the SD website & look at the same line up as the one I have in EPG123 it's showing there.

One thing I noticed is that SD has the same channel call sign listed twice for two different channels.

Does EPG123 only allow for one instance of the same channel name (thus take the first one & ignore the rest)?

Below are the channels I am referring to, with the ones in bold being the only ones appearing in the EPG123 channel lineup

180 NFLHD

418 NFLHD

417 NFLNET

3KWPXDT

103KWPXDT
Not so much the callsign, but the stationid. If 2 channels have.the same stationid, then they are the same and it is first come, first serve in the epg123 listing. Right now, for completeness, you will have to manually match the service to the channel that is missing its guide data.

We may want to change that ...
- Gary

STC

Post by STC » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:36 pm

Probably wise fixing the lineup error at source: Zap2it? Is one SD and the other HD but the same broadcast channel?
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

dkrom

Post by dkrom » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:59 pm

When I was trying to keep my old XP MC going I ran across zap2xml which downloads data directly from zap2it for free. Their site is http://zap2xml.awardspace.info/ is there any way to link your program up with this program? I saw that you may implement importing without SD, would that allow me to import the data from zap2xml? If so, I'm very interested!

rkulagow

Post by rkulagow » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:03 pm

STC wrote:Probably wise fixing the lineup error at source: Zap2it? Is one SD and the other HD but the same broadcast channel?
If you're using Schedules Direct then go to our site and open a Lineup issue so that we can take it up with Gracenote if the lineup is actually incorrect.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:10 pm

choliscott wrote:Ok I came across another issue.
choliscott,

Could you tell me what lineup you are using so I can look at the raw response from sd? Try to determine how I am going to handle this.

Thank you.
- Gary

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:17 pm

rkulagow wrote:
STC wrote:Probably wise fixing the lineup error at source: Zap2it? Is one SD and the other HD but the same broadcast channel?
If you're using Schedules Direct then go to our site and open a Lineup issue so that we can take it up with Gracenote if the lineup is actually incorrect.
Let's slow down a little. I believe this is on my end ... looked at the code and I could probably "fix" this by commenting out a single line. When I first started this project (only a week ago), I was only interested in unique stationids, not the actual complete lineup with duplicate stations.
- Gary

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:25 pm

dkrom wrote:When I was trying to keep my old XP MC going I ran across zap2xml which downloads data directly from zap2it for free. Their site is http://zap2xml.awardspace.info/ is there any way to link your program up with this program? I saw that you may implement importing without SD, would that allow me to import the data from zap2xml? If so, I'm very interested!
Don't know if I will include that capability in this program, or just create another. Up until recently, I was doing just that ... generating an xmltv file and creating the mxf. The metadata is not as rich with the website scraper, but the data is from the same source. Also, with zap2xml, you also have the capability to capture the artwork for the programs.
- Gary

Space

Post by Space » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:40 pm

I am not sure that it is a lineup error, I have many channels in my lineup that repeat later in the lineup.
For instance:
180 SYFY
680 SYFY HD
1645 SYFY

Both channels 180 and 1645 are the same SYFY SD channel.

rkulagow

Post by rkulagow » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:03 pm

What does your provider's lineup website show? What does the provider's set top box EPG have?

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:28 pm

garyan2 wrote:
choliscott,

Could you tell me what lineup you are using so I can look at the raw response from sd? Try to determine how I am going to handle this.

Thank you.
Figure this warranted an immediate release since everyone seems to be using Lineup Selector tool to populate their guide. Lineup listing in EPG123 now allows duplicate stationIds on different channels. It was a fairly minor change. This build also includes better error handling and retries on web request timeouts.
- Gary

STC

Post by STC » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:43 pm

Space wrote:
I am not sure that it is a lineup error, I have many channels in my lineup that repeat later in the lineup.
For instance:
180 SYFY
680 SYFY HD
1645 SYFY

I'm going off on tangent sorry, but just to close this one off: In the past I have had a few channels showing the same ID, one was SD and the other HD

e.g.
180 SYFY
680 SYFY

They both worked in a guide sense but due to an error guide provider side, one was missing the HD ident.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:45 pm

STC wrote:
Space wrote:
For instance:
180 SYFY
680 SYFY HD
1645 SYFY

I'm going off on tangent sorry, but just to close this one off: In the past I have had a few channels showing the same ID, one was SD and the other HD

e.g.
180 SYFY
680 SYFY

They both worked in a guide sense but due to an error guide provider side, one was missing the HD ident.
Not saying this still isn't going to be an issue, but my experience so far with the provided data from SD is the difference between HD and SD channels warrants a unique stationId for each.
- Gary

rkulagow

Post by rkulagow » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:49 pm

For instance:
180 SYFY
680 SYFY HD
1645 SYFY

e.g.
180 SYFY
680 SYFY

On Schedules Direct, the standard def and high def channels would be two different stationIDs, and the content on the HD station will have HD metadata. If you PM me your postal code / Provider (or your Schedules Direct username if you're already using us) I can check what we have for those two. If it's a lineup issue then we can open a ticket with Gracenote.

Space

Post by Space » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:44 pm

STC wrote:
Space wrote:
For instance:
180 SYFY
680 SYFY HD
1645 SYFY

e.g.
180 SYFY
680 SYFY

Yes, and I also have some channels that are separate channels but have the same ID, for instance almost all of the "Music Choice" channels in the FiOS lineup use "MC". This is with Rovi data, it is not that way with Gracenote.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:46 pm

garyan2 wrote:
garyan2 wrote:
choliscott,

Thank you.
Figure this warranted an immediate release since everyone seems to be using Lineup Selector tool to populate their guide. Lineup listing in EPG123 now allows duplicate stationIds on different channels. It was a fairly minor change. This build also includes better error handling and retries on web request timeouts.
Dagnabbit. Fixed the duplicate stationIds in the GUI lineup, but not in the downloads. Fixed and tested ... new version is (2016/02/21.5)

Sorry, everybody.
- Gary

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:16 pm

Garyan2,

I just tried the new version & now see the missing channels listed, but when I click on one of them (with the same channel name) the other one will automatically check.

Not sure if it's a big deal, as can always disable the channel in WMC itself.

I sent you a PM with the zip code & channel lineup I'm using, along with the "duplicate" channels