Wrong Lineup in WMC

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
SalmonSurprise

HTPC Specs: Show details

Wrong Lineup in WMC

Post by SalmonSurprise » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:50 pm

Hi There. I had Comcast for awhile with EPG123, no problems. Then I recently switched to WOW! and changed my lineup by removing Comcast in the Schedules Direct page and adding WOW!, doing the same in EPG123.exe, and saved and executed. Switched just fine. Correct guide data. Then the next morning, the guide data and numbering is back to Comcast! I checked in EPG123.exe, and I don’t see anything Comcast related in there, all numbering looks correct. I checked to make sure WMC didn’t got back to Rovi, but it says guide data from EPG123. (I had also performed a clean setup in EPGClient.exe per instructions in PDF). In EPGClient.exe I see the incorrect Comcast lineup on the left pane, and the correct WOW! Info on the right pane. Both scheduled tasks for EPG123 and EPG123Client have auto match and update WMC guide data auto ticked. Wife is already mad please help!

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:09 pm

Is the comcast lineup still shown in epg123 configuration gui? Removing from the sd website does nothing.
SalmonSurprise wrote:Hi There. I had Comcast for awhile with EPG123, no problems. Then I recently switched to WOW! and changed my lineup by removing Comcast in the Schedules Direct page and adding WOW!, doing the same in EPG123.exe, and saved and executed. Switched just fine. Correct guide data. Then the next morning, the guide data and numbering is back to Comcast! I checked in EPG123.exe, and I don’t see anything Comcast related in there, all numbering looks correct. I checked to make sure WMC didn’t got back to Rovi, but it says guide data from EPG123. (I had also performed a clean setup in EPGClient.exe per instructions in PDF). In EPGClient.exe I see the incorrect Comcast lineup on the left pane, and the correct WOW! Info on the right pane. Both scheduled tasks for EPG123 and EPG123Client have auto match and update WMC guide data auto ticked. Wife is already mad please help!
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

SalmonSurprise

Post by SalmonSurprise » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:29 pm

garyan2 wrote:Is the comcast lineup still shown in epg123 configuration gui? Removing from the sd website does nothing.
SalmonSurprise wrote:Hi There. I had Comcast for awhile with EPG123, no problems. Then I recently switched to WOW! and changed my lineup by removing Comcast in the Schedules Direct page and adding WOW!, doing the same in EPG123.exe, and saved and executed. Switched just fine. Correct guide data. Then the next morning, the guide data and numbering is back to Comcast! I checked in EPG123.exe, and I don’t see anything Comcast related in there, all numbering looks correct. I checked to make sure WMC didn’t got back to Rovi, but it says guide data from EPG123. (I had also performed a clean setup in EPGClient.exe per instructions in PDF). In EPGClient.exe I see the incorrect Comcast lineup on the left pane, and the correct WOW! Info on the right pane. Both scheduled tasks for EPG123 and EPG123Client have auto match and update WMC guide data auto ticked. Wife is already mad please help!
I think you are asking if Comcast is showing up in EPG123.exe. No, the correct guide data for WOW! Is showing up in EPG123.exe

Btw thanks for the lightning fast response!

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:56 pm

Yah, that's what I was asking. This sounds like you have 2 epg123's. The epg123 that is run by your scheduled task is still configured for your old lineup... and the mxf file is probably not getting updated anymore but will still get imported by the client.

Check your scheduled task.
- Gary

SalmonSurprise

Post by SalmonSurprise » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:44 pm

Checked. Scheduled task is pointing to the right one. Also mxf file in the EPG123 folder references the correct WOW! Lineup.

SalmonSurprise

Post by SalmonSurprise » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:49 pm

Wait...might not be. Checking further...

SalmonSurprise

Post by SalmonSurprise » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:53 pm

You were right (of course)! Let me see if this fixes everything. I will keep you posted.

SalmonSurprise

Post by SalmonSurprise » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:09 pm

Still not working. I tried doing a WMC Database rebuild and selected ate xmf file that mentions WOW! Lineup towards the bottom and it is still the Comcast lineup. Save & execute in EPG123.exe doesn’t work either.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:46 pm

Could you post the contents of the trace.log file for the last 1 or 2 updates? Make sure to see the [ code ] tags.
- Gary

SalmonSurprise

Post by SalmonSurprise » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:59 pm

Not sure which code tags you mean. I looked in that trace.log for the first time and think I spotted the problem. All the channels say “skipped matching * to channel * due to channel already having an assigned listing”. Let me know how you need me to post the log (it’s huge). (If you still need it)

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:09 pm

SalmonSurprise wrote:Not sure which code tags you mean. I looked in that trace.log for the first time and think I spotted the problem. All the channels say “skipped matching * to channel * due to channel already having an assigned listing”. Let me know how you need me to post the log (it’s huge). (If you still need it)
Hmm... this may be an unintended consequence of my starting to use separate lineups to mirror your subscribed lineups. In the client, select all channels on the left (Ctrl-A works), right-click and unsubscribe. Select the WOW lineup on the right side and click the Match by: [# Number] button; if you have customized any channel numbers, make sure you are showing 'Guide Channels with [Original Labels]. Everything should then be subscribed to the WOW lineup. I would also disable the "Automatch" until I find a clean way to remove zombie lineups from the database.
- Gary

SalmonSurprise

Post by SalmonSurprise » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:22 pm

I accidentally hit the red x button and deleted all the channels in the left pane before finding the unsubscribe. Any way to fix that?

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:28 pm

SalmonSurprise wrote:I accidentally hit the red x button and deleted all the channels in the left pane before finding the unsubscribe. Any way to fix that?
If you've done a database backup recently, you could 'Restore' it (do a backup first and then restore the older one... the new backup will be used to restore your scheduled recordings). Otherwise, using the latest version of EPG123, start over by doing the [Client Setup]. Starting over will also have the benefit of getting rid of the zombie comcast lineup but you will lose the recording histories of repeat episodes.
- Gary

SalmonSurprise

Post by SalmonSurprise » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:37 pm

Awesome. Seems to be working now. I’ll let you know if anything changes but I think it’s all good. I want to really thank you for what you do for the WMC community. Without people like you, this platform would completely die.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:45 am

I need to do more testing, but it appears I have found a way to safely remove the zombie lineups ... it knocks them down to a nameless tombstone over an empty grave. I can't seem to remove all traces of the old lineups, but it will be available in next release.
- Gary

SalmonSurprise

Post by SalmonSurprise » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:56 am

garyan2 wrote:I need to do more testing, but it appears I have found a way to safely remove the zombie lineups ... it knocks them down to a nameless tombstone over an empty grave. I can't seem to remove all traces of the old lineups, but it will be available in next release.
You’re the best Gary!