v1.2.0 Release

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
IT Troll

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by IT Troll » Wed May 30, 2018 7:31 am

There is a trace.log file located in the EPG123 installation folder.

The launguage check is performed on every run but only changes the settting if it hasn’t already been changed.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Wed May 30, 2018 3:47 pm

IT Troll wrote:Just updated and the log confirms that my 119 series recordings were successfully updated for anyLanguage. :thumbup:

I note from the change log and trace log that you are now triggering a run of the PvrSchedule task. I had my own task which ran this a couple of times a day to ensure recordings were correctly scheduled. I guess I can disable that now.
IT Troll wrote:There is a trace.log file located in the EPG123 installation folder.

The launguage check is performed on every run but only changes the settting if it hasn’t already been changed.
So how / where in the trace.log would this be indicated?

I guess I need to look over the change log to see about the PvrSchdule task, or does that show in the log too? I've only scanned my log for warnings and errors so I probably scanned right over it.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Wed May 30, 2018 3:49 pm

StinkyImp wrote:
Sammy2 wrote:I don't have much time to tinker but tinker on a lot of things.. Vera for Home Automation, Emby, Plex, WMC a little, and then there's my $50 T-Mobile TM-AC1900 routers that have been turned into $130 Asus RT-AC68U routers by tinkering in SSH with PuTTy in my AiMesh network of four routers.. Not to mention installing a surveillance system under BlueIris. Last weekend it was an antenna install as I transition from CATV to OTA and streaming..

I haven't had a lot of time to tinker much with epg123, I look at the logs occasionally but just CNTRL F to the date I want to look at or quickly scan for ERROR and WARNG.. That is pretty cool what you've done. I guess I should look for some language changes since installing 1.2.0 earlier this week?
You sound like me... You see something and think to yourself, "I sure wish it could do this!" and then start "tinkering". It's not that you're doing it for any type of reward, it's more for your own personal satisfaction and benefit.

I've previously installed two 10-15 camera Blue Iris systems for family members and they only paid for the parts. Saved them tons of money and they have superior surveillance systems. Tinkering for me is a compulsion that (sometimes) has a favorable outcome!

If you'd like to try out this parser, I posted a link to the download here.

Just create a directory somewhere, drop it in, and double-click on it... If you'd like to read the "Operating Guide" before going through the initial setup, it should unpack (as soon as you double-click) into the directory you put the executable in.
I think I'll try tinkering with that next weekend! Thanks!

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Wed May 30, 2018 6:40 pm

Sammy2 wrote:So how / where in the trace.log would this be indicated?

I guess I need to look over the change log to see about the PvrSchdule task, or does that show in the log too? I've only scanned my log for warnings and errors so I probably scanned right over it.
Most of the language changes will happen on the first run following the installation of v1.2.0. So just scroll to that date/time in the log and the changes to the Series Recordings will be very obvious. Or do a search for anyLanguage to find the occurrences.

The PvrSchedule tasks is now initiated after each update. So that will appear towards the end of each run in the trace.log.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:33 pm

IT Troll wrote:
Sammy2 wrote:So how / where in the trace.log would this be indicated?

Most of the language changes will happen on the first run following the installation of v1.2.0. So just scroll to that date/time in the log and the changes to the Series Recordings will be very obvious. Or do a search for anyLanguage to find the occurrences.

The PvrSchedule tasks is now initiated after each update. So that will appear towards the end of each run in the trace.log.
I checked both of these and the anyLanguage change was made on first run and the PvrSchedule task is done on each run.

Maybe I missed something but why anyLanguage when I only want English?

And the PvrSchedule task just make sure the scheduled recordings are consistent with the current guide data?

Thanks!

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:32 pm

Sammy2 wrote:Maybe I missed something but why anyLanguage when I only want English?

And the PvrSchedule task just make sure the scheduled recordings are consistent with the current guide data?
This version switches to using ISO country codes. The anyLanguage setting ensures that existing Series Recording that you have and which don't use ISO country codes will still work OK.

Yes, you are correct about PvrSchedule. This is something I have done for some time myself. I found it essential when recording simultaneous programmes with multiple tuners. It is good that EPG123 now does this automatically.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:51 pm

Here's what I am working with so far on the status logo for the WMC start menu. There will be a date stamp to indicate when the status was last updated. If there is an update available, there will be a plus sign in the upper right. The client will have some smarts as to whether an update is available, the exit code of the server, and will look at the date/time stamp of the MXF file to determine if there are any concerns. If the MXF file is more than 25? hours old, there will be a warning... more than 48? hours old will be an error to indicate the guide is not getting updated. Of course, if the date stamp is more than a day old then you know that the client isn't successfully running to update the logo.
statusLineup.png
statusLineup.png (8.69 KiB) Viewed 959 times
@IT Troll: could you provide me images that have the original frame/antenna and dial colors for those that may use a light colored WMC theme? Just thinking ahead here. Thank you.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:48 pm

Looking good. :thumbup:

I’ll try to get the alternative images to you tomorrow, but I don’t have a lot of time and then I am away for a week.

Will the date stamp adjust for regional formatting?

When composing the image is it possible to set the transparency? It would be nice if people could have a slider to adjust the visibility, as well as a dark/light choice, to fit better with their theme.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:05 pm

IT Troll wrote:Looking good. :thumbup:

I’ll try to get the alternative images to you tomorrow, but I don’t have a lot of time and then I am away for a week.

Will the date stamp adjust for regional formatting?

When composing the image is it possible to set the transparency? It would be nice if people could have a slider to adjust the visibility, as well as a dark/light choice, to fit better with their theme.
No rush. It will probably be a while before I will release anything. I just can't find a lot of time to carve out for EPG123 right now either.

Yes, the date stamp will be culture specific to include separators (6/8/2018, 08/06/2018, 08.06.2018, etc...)

I'll take a look at transparency. I wan't planning on doing anything like that, but I'll play around and see what I can do.
- Gary

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:28 am

Can I use international date format in the US?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:41 am

Sammy2 wrote:Can I use international date format in the US?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
You can set whatever date/time format you want in your OS. Whatever that format is, is what EPG123 will use for the logo.
- Gary

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:44 pm

Sorry, I didn’t get any computer time today. I’ll get the graphics to you once I am back from my week away.

StinkyImp

Post by StinkyImp » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:21 pm

garyan2 wrote:Here's what I am working with so far... If there is an update available, there will be a plus sign in the upper right.
It's been awhile so I'm glad I logged in!

I've been working on this issue and I guess I can stop now because you and IT Troll have come up with the perfect solution! My solution works for me (and runs unattended) but I've hard coded some of the variables and use a debugger for error checking. Now I can save myself some grief by not incorporating the ability to change those variables or adding error checking.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to add this feature!

My home grown solution...
EPG123 Version Check 001.png
EPG123 Version Check 002.png

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:54 pm

StinkyImp wrote:
garyan2 wrote:Here's what I am working with so far... If there is an update available, there will be a plus sign in the upper right.

I've been working on this issue and I guess I can stop now because you and IT Troll have come up with the perfect solution! My solution works for me (and runs unattended) but I've hard coded some of the variables and use a debugger for error checking. Now I can save myself some grief by not incorporating the ability to change those variables or adding error checking.

By all means, if you want ... please continue. I actually never see my WMC guide anymore since I have it running on WHS2011 which is headless. WMC does all my recording, but I do all my watching on a NVIDIA Shield using emby. Email notifications would still be useful for me and probably quite a few others.
- Gary

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:26 pm

garyan2 wrote:
StinkyImp wrote:

By all means, if you want ... please continue. I actually never see my WMC guide anymore since I have it running on WHS2011 which is headless. WMC does all my recording, but I do all my watching on a NVIDIA Shield using emby. Email notifications would still be useful for me and probably quite a few others.
I still watch LiveTV from time to time in WMC which is still the best solution for speed and ease of use.

How do you schedule your recordings? In Emby with ServerWMC or somehow in WMC on your WHS2011?

The last two releases of ServerWMC combined with the latest two Emby Server releases has broken ServerWMC Recordings but they're still playable from Recorded TV in Emby. I hope a fix to this comes out sooner than later.

I was doing some scheduling using PlexDVR for Automatic ComSkip but that just up and quit on me two weeks ago and I still haven't got it working again.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:50 am

Sammy2 wrote:I still watch LiveTV from time to time in WMC which is still the best solution for speed and ease of use.

How do you schedule your recordings? In Emby with ServerWMC or somehow in WMC on your WHS2011?

The last two releases of ServerWMC combined with the latest two Emby Server releases has broken ServerWMC Recordings but they're still playable from Recorded TV in Emby. I hope a fix to this comes out sooner than later.

I was doing some scheduling using PlexDVR for Automatic ComSkip but that just up and quit on me two weeks ago and I still haven't got it working again.
I either remote into the server and schedule my recordings in WMC, or I use MMC which is also running on the server. I haven't really tried through emby much.

The only problems I have with emby, since the problems started, is I lost all images for the recorded shows. Before it used to be the series image which was great, then it was a screen capture of the recording like in WMC which was okay, now it is nothing. I don't know if this is due to emby, serverWMC, or simply an update on my server has changed something. Either way, I'm not bothered enough right now to try and track it down.
- Gary