Can I Use Uverse Lineup for Charter Digital?

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
Sammy2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Sammy2 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:15 am

garyan2 wrote:
Sammy2 wrote:This started being noticed somewhere about when you split out the Client GUI or maybe a little afterwards. I gave it a no matter because all was well..

Yes. I did the old way before it was automated where you had to kill all instances of ehome this and that or go in safe mode. It's been two years and I hardly remember the procedure but I thought I did do a clean start and killed the Rovi Virus but I guess I didn't? How can you see these 26 lineups?

I haven't really followed much about the clean start and saving recording schedules, even the ability to playback DRM content because I was over that hump and it was for the "new guys". At any rate, can I do this without too much issue or does it still kill the scheduled recordings and DRM playback? Should I bother doing this or just finish Step 10 above?

Thanks!
It's all up to you, of course, whether to do a clean start at this point. It really doesn't take that long any more. Just a note ...

If you do a clean start, make sure to do the EPG Backup so you can restore the scheduled recordings. Once the setup is done, you can use the Transfer Tool to open the backup file and restore them. You should also be able to use Guide Tool to do the channel renumbering. You actually might be back up and running quicker this way than proceeding as you are.

You can see there are 26 lineups at the bottom of the client GUI. I'm pretty sure they are Rovi lineups so the clean start will probably make you guide even better than what you have been using.
It will take about the same amount of time to re-do the numbering in either GuideTool or in epg123 Client GUI actually.

Doing a clean start would probably make my line up database cleaner but after nearly 2 years is anything Rovi even left? This was a fresh start in 2016 in the sense that I wasn't using WMC for quite some time before epg123 came to the rescue.. Anything Rovi probably pre-dates mid 2014.

Hmm.. I'll consider it. I really thought I wiped everything clean in March 2016 but I guess I didn't..

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:35 am

BTW, how to save custom lineups in epg123? GuideTool created a pretty simple html or xml page with all the remapping for future restoration. I'm not sure why that isn't loading for me this time. I've had this situation occur before and was able to fully recover from it using epg123 and GuideTool together but if saving lineup remapping her is possible that would be good.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:05 am

My guide is all back in order after tediously re-doing it..
Guide.JPG
And waiting quite some time for this task to complete:
configure.JPG
Playback in WMC is another thing altogether.
driver error.JPG
On extenders I get the dreaded "Copying Prohibited. The broadcaster prohibits this content from being copied. You can only play this content on the same computer on which it was recorded" error.. ON LIVE TV, non DRM channel.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:38 pm

Let me add that non DRM Channels play fine but if I tune a DRM Channel the error occurs and remains even when going back to the non DRM Channel.

Additionally, it seems that Playready has been removed from my system and I'm unable to re-install it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:55 pm

After going through all the steps here, resetting tuners in HDHR Config, redoing WMC LiveTV setup, restoring the Backup in epg123 Client GUI and running epg123 Config > "Save and Execute", I still am unable to tune any channels in WMC and Extender Functionality fails too.. UGH!
extender fail.JPG
The DRM Key in the registry has no value either.
DRM Key.JPG

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:20 pm

I'm just now doing a little research on PlayReady. I know I can reset everything and restart WMC at OOBE which would include PlayReady. Just some questions on what I have done that you may not have tried.

Without doing a full reset to WMC, I...

1) Uninstall playready ('PlayReady PC Runtime' from Control Panel-->Programs and Features)
2) Reinstall PlayReady in WMC by settings->General->Windows Media Center Setup->Install PlayReady.

I am not sure why your DRM registry key is empty. But maybe a reinstall of PlayReady will repopulate it.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:41 pm

garyan2 wrote:I'm just now doing a little research on PlayReady. I know I can reset everything and restart WMC at OOBE which would include PlayReady. Just some questions on what I have done that you may not have tried.

Without doing a full reset to WMC, I...

1) Uninstall playready ('PlayReady PC Runtime' from Control Panel-->Programs and Features)
2) Reinstall PlayReady in WMC by settings->General->Windows Media Center Setup->Install PlayReady.

I am not sure why your DRM registry key is empty. But maybe a reinstall of PlayReady will repopulate it.
Excuse my ignorance but OOBE??

I could not reinstall playready until I ran through all the steps in that old MS help forum link.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:45 pm

Quite frankly this is pushing me towards ditching all the pay channels which I was already considering doing..

I'm even looking towards going to antennae on my roof or in my attic, or both..

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:11 pm

OOBE is the Out-Of-Box-Experience ... basically restoring WMC back to the point where it would be for your first time opening it after a fresh install.

FWIW: I got rid of cable about 4 1/2 years ago and went strictly OTA. There were some stations/shows I missed initially, but looking back I can't even remember what they were. I have since added SlingTV to our options which will get us some NFL and NHL events we would otherwise have missed. It also got us Disney Jr and Nick Jr for the kids. Truth be told, 90% of our viewing is OTA or steaming Netflix/Amazon. With SlingTV, you can also easily activate/deactive prime channels like HBO when you just want to binge Game of Thrones or something and cancel when done. Now the cable co is just gouging me for my internet connection ... yay for them. :thumbdown:

Anyway, I do not regret one single bit for cutting the cord and am not lacking in the number of shows I enjoy watching from the major broadcasters. I actually can't even keep up with them.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:21 am

These two statements might not be true in this case but.....

When I get display driver error I install lav codecs. I have also seen display driver error while using VGA and HDMI at the same time. If you disable driver signing does display driver error go away

For me, Copying prohibited is usually an audio conflict.

I gave you a few suggestions in that other post you started, if you feel like digging deep to find a Target

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:35 pm

As this is WAY OT I've started a new thread here

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:42 pm

Crash2009 wrote:These two statements might not be true in this case but.....

When I get display driver error I install lav codecs. I have also seen display driver error while using VGA and HDMI at the same time. If you disable driver signing does display driver error go away

For me, Copying prohibited is usually an audio conflict.

I gave you a few suggestions in that other post you started, if you feel like digging deep to find a Target
I usually use Shark007 default / recommended settings and it clears the display driver error. Seems it has this time but I'll need to verify for sure; the Playready issues persists however.

BTW, how to disable driver signing

Thanks!

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:20 am

Google it, I'll give you a hint....

BCD edit