Cleaning up my EPG and need assistance

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Important Information
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: http://epg123.garyan2.net <> Setup guide here: http://epg123.garyan2.net/downloads/epg123_Guide.pdf

Cleaning up my EPG and need assistance

Post#1 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:57 pm

Two years ago when epg123 first came out I used GuideTool to customize my lineup for better consistency as Charter's channel placement is a mess and matching UVerse lineup not only made things more consistent but made things better for the transition for my wife who was a UVerse affectioniato before we got together.

At any rate, I'm using Ebmy DVR for one of my smart TV's and am noticing a strange thing happening in the Guide.

I have set favorite channels in the Emby DVR for the re-mapped channels but am also seeing the original channel numbers show up as a favorite too so I went to look at both GuideTool and epg123. The re-mapped channels do not show their original number in GuideTool but do in epg123. Can I merely uncheck them and run an update or is there something else I need to do?

Attached are screen grabs of both GuideTool and epg123 for reference.

epg123 Lineup.JPG
epg123 Lineup


GuideTool Lineup.JPG
GuideTool Lineup

TIA
Sammy2
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: 24 August 2012
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#2 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:17 pm

BTW, I took a quick look at the setup guide, specifically the part about the client and it says they can be removed there but they don't actually show there, only in epg123 itself as in the screen grabs above.

For reference this is what I see in the client:

epg123 Client.JPG
epg123 Client Lineup
Sammy2
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: 24 August 2012
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#3 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:45 am

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are asking, but if you want to remove the custom numbering here is what you have to do.

In the client, with the Custom Labels showing, right-click a channel and select "Renumber".
Delete the number in the text box and hit enter... epg123 will make the custom number the same as the original number.

What may not be obvious, you can click the big red button that says "Custom Labels" and it will change to "Original Labels" and all the channels will show the original call signs and numbers. If you click multiple times, it will be obvious which channels have custom numbers/names and which do not.
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2698
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#4 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:31 pm

I probably need to post in the Emby Forums too.. this may have something to do with how KrustyReturns' ServerWMC transfers the data to Emby and also the Emby DVR's own guide import from Schedules Direct.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Sammy2
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: 24 August 2012
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#5 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:57 pm

garyan2 wrote:I'm not sure I fully understand what you are asking, but if you want to remove the custom numbering here is what you have to do.

In the client, with the Custom Labels showing, right-click a channel and select "Renumber".
Delete the number in the text box and hit enter... epg123 will make the custom number the same as the original number.

What may not be obvious, you can click the big red button that says "Custom Labels" and it will change to "Original Labels" and all the channels will show the original call signs and numbers. If you click multiple times, it will be obvious which channels have custom numbers/names and which do not.


I did see that the other day before you posted it but thanks for bringing it up, Gary.

If I click on "Original Labels" it shows channels selected that I do not want to show up in my guide as I'd like them to only show up in their new position. If I unselcect the unwanted channels in the "Original Labels" field, will their re-mapped channel numbers still show in my guide (for both WMC and Emby..)? I don't want to delete them in their entirity but rather just the original channel numbers so as to clean up some duplicates that are causing excessive guide load times in Emby. I also want to get rid of a bunch of SD channels and things we never watch too. Not sure how to do it without making a mess of my epg.

Thanks!

EDIT: GuideTool shows no lineups on the Right side for a while now. Not sure which version of epg123 caused this to happen but no matter. The other issue is that the lineup shown on the left side doesn't match what epg123 is creating at this time.

Guide Tool missing lineups.JPG


epg123 Lineup.JPG


epg123 Client.JPG
Sammy2
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: 24 August 2012
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#6 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:09 pm

GuideTool Lineup.JPG


One more screen grab as three's the limit per post.. This is in the same area of the guide as the other two in the post above.
Sammy2
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: 24 August 2012
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#7 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:08 am

Okay, if I'm way off base, let me know.

The [Custom Labels] and [Original Labels] button is only for display purposes in the client GUI. It allows you to see what the original callsigns and channel numbers are as well as what any custom callsigns and channel numbers are. Regardless of what is shown in the client, the WMC guide will always show the custom labels... in absence of any custom labels, then the originals will be used. My observations also show that ServerWMC provides the custom callsigns and numbers to emby so your customization in WMC will follow to emby.

The checkboxes in the configuration GUI are selecting which channels to download from Schedules Direct. The checkboxes in the client GUI will enable/disable channels from being displayed in the guide. Again, observations show that disabled channels are not sent to emby via ServerWMC.

Bottom line, if you get your guide looking like you want in WMC, that should be duplicated in emby. If you don't want a channel in emby, disable it in the client GUI/WMC. If you want channel 670 to be shown as channel 100, renumber it in the client GUI/WMC.
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2698
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#8 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:49 pm

garyan2 wrote:Okay, if I'm way off base, let me know.

The [Custom Labels] and [Original Labels] button is only for display purposes in the client GUI. It allows you to see what the original callsigns and channel numbers are as well as what any custom callsigns and channel numbers are. Regardless of what is shown in the client, the WMC guide will always show the custom labels... in absence of any custom labels, then the originals will be used. My observations also show that ServerWMC provides the custom callsigns and numbers to emby so your customization in WMC will follow to emby.

The checkboxes in the configuration GUI are selecting which channels to download from Schedules Direct. The checkboxes in the client GUI will enable/disable channels from being displayed in the guide. Again, observations show that disabled channels are not sent to emby via ServerWMC.

Bottom line, if you get your guide looking like you want in WMC, that should be duplicated in emby. If you don't want a channel in emby, disable it in the client GUI/WMC. If you want channel 670 to be shown as channel 100, renumber it in the client GUI/WMC.


Okay. If I'm understanding this correctly I no longer need to use GuideTool but can do custom channel mapping in epg123 ClientGUI directly. I can go through and safely disable and re-number channel numbers in the epg123 ClientGUI and they will not only not be shown in WMC but in Emby too as ServerWMC will respect the re-mapping and hidden channels. If I'm off base please correct me!

TY!!
Sammy2
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: 24 August 2012
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#9 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:19 pm

Sammy2 wrote:Okay. If I'm understanding this correctly I no longer need to use GuideTool but can do custom channel mapping in epg123 ClientGUI directly. I can go through and safely disable and re-number channel numbers in the epg123 ClientGUI and they will not only not be shown in WMC but in Emby too as ServerWMC will respect the re-mapping and hidden channels. If I'm off base please correct me!

TY!!

That is correct.
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2698
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#10 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:51 pm

garyan2 wrote:
Sammy2 wrote:Okay. If I'm understanding this correctly I no longer need to use GuideTool but can do custom channel mapping in epg123 ClientGUI directly. I can go through and safely disable and re-number channel numbers in the epg123 ClientGUI and they will not only not be shown in WMC but in Emby too as ServerWMC will respect the re-mapping and hidden channels. If I'm off base please correct me!

TY!!

That is correct.


Works for me! I'll be doing this today. If I have issues I'll report back.
Sammy2
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: 24 August 2012
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#11 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:24 am

I un-checked / disabled unwanted channels in epg123ClientGUI.
I opened epg123 and clicked Save & Execute.
I did both these operations in an elevated state.

I went into emby and deleted my tuners and disabled all the tuners in the guide data section therein.
I went into ServerWMC and hit reload channels from WMC.
When I went back to look at Emby, it was doing a "Refresh Guide Data" task that I didn't request.

In Emby LiveTV Guide the undesired channels still show. I am remote so I cannot open WMC to look at the guide to see what is showing there.

I'm not sure what went wrong.. I suppose I'll post over in the Emby forums too.
Sammy2
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: 24 August 2012
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#12 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:26 am

Channels.JPG

Channels in Emby
Sammy2
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: 24 August 2012
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#13 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:37 am

I need to be more patient.. the Emby server did a "Scan Library" and when done all was well! :)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Sammy2
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: 24 August 2012
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#14 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:15 am

So everything was going well then this..

Yesterday was not a good day. WMC wouldn't tune a tuner and would either say, "No tuner available" or "Video Driver not compatible with protected content" or some other error..

I reset tuners in HDHR Config, rebuilt the database in epg123 and thought I restored my custom channel numbers in GuideTool. I got WMC to tune but the guide has the "stock" Charter Spectrum channel numbering whic I can tediously fix. I then reloaded my channels in ServerWMC for use in EmbyDVR.

In the Emby Server Dashboard under Live TV I just get a spinner. I cannot play LiveTV in client apps.


https://emby.media/community/index.php? ... ver-3.3.10

I'll post an epg123 log soon but it doesn't show anything out of the ordinary..

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Sammy2
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: 24 August 2012
HTPC Specs: Show details


Return to EPG123



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron