Can't Play Previously Recorded TV Post-EPG Install

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
PeteS457

HTPC Specs: Show details

Can't Play Previously Recorded TV Post-EPG Install

Post by PeteS457 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:30 pm

Hi all. New to EPG and excited about using it. Installed v 1.1.19 yesterday on the 7-day trial from SD. Followed the EPG install PDF, used client setup, and followed recommendation to clean install, purge Rovi guide data by not accepting the agreement, understanding I would lose my scheduled recordings. (That's fine. I can start over from scratch rescheduling them.) After it was all said and done, I couldn't play Live TV on any channel that was copy protected - which thanks to the fact I'm on TWC Spectrum is almost all of them. Update PlayReady wouldn't install, so did a search in the forum, found some instructions on how to fix the issue - stop ehrecvr, purge the HDS files and Cache from two folders, restart ehrecvr, installed PlayReady. This solved the problem. However, I still can not play Recorded TV programs from copy protected stations that were recorded pre-install of EPG. (Recorded TV programs from non-copy protected stations like local NBC/ABC/etc affiliates play fine.) The message I get when I try to play them is "Copy Protected. The broadcaster prohibits content from being copied. You can only play this content on the same computer on which it was recorded." Seems like a DRM problem to me.

Any help with this issue? Thanks in advance.

joesc

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by joesc » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:11 pm

If you have DRM shows, you shouldn't update PlayReady. Hopefully you had a backup of your WMC install prior to this. If so, you can pull the mspr.hds file from your backup usually located in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady to restore your DRM. Otherwise you are SOL.