[ERROR] PrimaryChannel.Lineup is null.

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
12noon

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by 12noon » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:45 pm

Thanks. That's what I (belatedly) concluded. Yes, I do have listings again. Oddly, some of the OTA channels still say "already assigned" even though they claim to be matched to the "EPG123 OTA" lineup. There even seem to be listings for them in WMC.

https://pastebin.com/3rfuijyw

We'll know for sure after the daily run tomorrow morning, but it looks good for now. Thanks again for your prompt assistance! The crash doesn't seem to occur anymore, but let me know if I can be of any help anyway.
USA 60005
WOW Chicago Suburbs - Digital
USA-IL58819-X

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:57 pm

12noon wrote:Thanks. That's what I (belatedly) concluded. Yes, I do have listings again. Oddly, some of the OTA channels still say "already assigned" even though they claim to be matched to the "EPG123 OTA" lineup. There even seem to be listings for them in WMC.

https://pastebin.com/3rfuijyw

We'll know for sure after the daily run tomorrow morning, but it looks good for now. Thanks again for your prompt assistance! The crash doesn't seem to occur anymore, but let me know if I can be of any help anyway.
Have you unsubscribed the OTA channels and done an automatch with the EPG123 OTA lineup selected on the right?
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

12noon

Post by 12noon » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:15 pm

Absolutely. (I did that in "Update 4" of an earlier reply.) That's why I'm surprised that only some of the OTA channels say "already assigned." Notice that they aren't all already assigned--just some. Weird. Also, even those have listings in WMC.

Should I unsubscribe all the channels on the left side of the client, leave it that way, and then run epg123.exe's Save & Execute again? (However, it's my understanding that won't be any different than if I did Auto-match # myself. )
USA 60005
WOW Chicago Suburbs - Digital
USA-IL58819-X

sjr56stn

Post by sjr56stn » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:48 am

Gary,

Not sure whether I should have started a new thread, instead of tagging onto this one, but here goes.

After using EPG123 very successfully since August 2016 on my Win7x64 media system, I am now having problems. I think they may have started with the SD’s enforced change of the line-ups in December, which forced me to redefine my two line-ups (UK Freeview and UK Freesat). The problems might also have been compounded by changes to the Freeview channel tuning which seemed to have occurred whilst we were away earlier this month.

The upshot of this, and my attempts to redefine one of the merged Freeview/Freesat tuner channel numbers (which WMC seemed to have changed), was a corrupt WMC database that caused WMC to exit with a fatal error whenever any change to the recording schedule was attempted (e.g. requesting a new scheduled recording, or trying to delete a series definition). Not surprisingly EPG123client (V1.1.17) was now also failing to load an EPG update into the corrupt WMC database.

I decided to clear the database corruption by restoring a C image I had from mid December, and I once I had done this I upgraded to EPG123 V1.1.19.

WMC was now behaving OK, but EPG123 still seemed to be screwed up, so I deleted both my line-ups in the EPG123 GUI and decided to just define a single line-up (UK Freeview) and a rather restricted number of channels (19). At first this seemed to work OK, but the overnight update failed with a 0xC0000005 error. A manual run also failed with an EPG123client fatal error screen message. This error didn’t occur when I removed the auto-match channel check box and ran it again manually.

The trace file seemed to indicate that all had now finished OK, but after I had opened up the EPG123client GUI to take a look at the channel configuration there were no errors noted on the screen, but eight “[ERROR] PrimaryChannel.Lineup is null” messages had been added to the trace file. I tried using the Clear Cache button in the EPG123 GUI and rerunning manually, and again it seemed to finish OK, but again opening the EPG123client GUI resulted in the Lineup is null error messages in the trace file.

What I see in EPG123 GUI and what I see in EPG123client GUI appear to be inconsistent. The EPG123client GUI says I have 3 line-ups (in the summary on the bottom line) whilst only a single line-up is selectable in the right had box, and only a single line-up is referenced by my 19 subscribed channels in the left box. The EPG123 GUI also correctly shows just my single Freeview line-up.

Last night the overnight EPG update seems to have worked without any errors, but opening the client GUI still produces the Lineup is null errors at the bottom of the trace file.

I seem to have a working system for a limited number of channels, but I am wary of making any further changes to my line-ups or channel numbering in WMC until I have resolved this problem. I don’t want a corrupt database again.

Thankful for any suggestions on my next step. (Probably after another C image backup!)

Regards,

Steve

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:26 pm

I think it's perfectly fine to continue in this thread. Have you tried the beta client that will provide more information on which channels are having the null lineup errors? You can download here (http://epg123.garyan2.net/downloads/epg ... t_beta.zip). There really is no harm in the errors, but it is identifying that there are merged channels that have no lineups associated with them to include the scanned lineup. Because of the error, they are not displayed in the client GUI.

These errors are all internal to the WMC database, so there are no changes you can do in EPG123 that can make a difference.

Right now, I would say that if there are no errors during a normal scheduled update, then you are fine to continue. The client produces the error because it is filtering the channels out since it can't determine a Scanned Source.

For the 3 lineups listed versus only 1 in the combo pulldown ... I'll have to research that. There are lineups I purposely do not show, but they shouldn't be included in the summary count.
- Gary

sjr56stn

Post by sjr56stn » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:52 pm

Gary,
I have tried your beta client and, as you say, it has identified the channel numbers with the problem. There are 4 and they are listed twice, so 8 errors in all. I cannot really see anything much wrong with these channels.
I noticed one thing with your beta version of the client. As before it says 3 line-ups at the summary line at the bottom, and if you look to the list of these line-ups in the drop down box at the top, it lists the London Freeview line up three times. And the channel lists associated with them are not identical.
I tried clearing everything down by running EPG123 after deleting the single line-up and executing. But the client still showed the 3 Freeview line-ups.
I tried re-selecting the Freeview line up and enabling all the channels. That made no difference. I tried adding my London Freesat line-up, and now the client shows four line-ups, still three for London Freeview.
I think I need a way of giving EPG123 a 'clean start'. Also perhaps I should clear down all my tuner channels and retune the whole thing, but that involves a lot of work to set up all the channel merges, and a number of single transponder searches on Freesat because I think the default list of channels and frequencies held by WMC is way out of date.
Steve
PS - Please don't interpret any of the above as criticism of your amazing efforts in creating EPG123. In a previous existence I developed software, and I am really impressed by the way you seem to have taken control of the WMC databases!

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:42 pm

No bother. I don't see anything in there as criticism.

Something to realize about the WMC database... a/any lineup added to the database at any time will "stay" forever. It may not be updated for years, but the database will still have the lineup definition and there is no way to remove it that I have found. The best I could do is add the ability to hide the lineups, but there is no harm with them being there. Were all 3 Freeview lineups EPG123 lineups? or were they from possibly another source?

Do the 4 channels with the null error have any listings assigned (subscribed lineup)? If so, then that error should definitely not be happening. If not, then you can try and download that station listings in EPG123 and assign the lineup channel to the merged channel using the client. Not sure how much luck you will have inside WMC.
- Gary

sjr56stn

Post by sjr56stn » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:18 pm

Gary,
Yes the three UK Freeview line-ups are all EPG123 line-ups. And, yes the four channels showing the errors all have subscribed services in EPG123.
All four are unchecked in the WMC edit channels list. Two of them appear in the left box of the client - unchecked but with services subscribed, but two of them don't appear in the left box of the client at all.
At some point I need to do a retune of the Freeview service. The multiplex changes they made a couple of weeks ago means that at least one of my commonly used channels (BBC4 HD) is not working from the antennae. In the past such a retune seems to have added lots of annoying duplicates to channels that are fine as they are. So I am thinking of trying to delete all the antennae and satellite channels and retuning everything from scratch, but I am loath to do this if there will still be some underlying problem in the databases.
Regards,
Steve

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:35 pm

Could you send me a copy of your lineup file (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\eHome\mcepgX-Y\backup\lineup\yyyyMMdd_HHmmss)? I'll see if I can find these errors and identify cause/source.
- Gary

sjr56stn

Post by sjr56stn » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:54 pm

Gary,
OK done.
Steve

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:04 pm

sjr56stn wrote:Gary,
OK done.
Steve
Thanks. It'll be a few hours before I can look at it.
- Gary

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:39 am

garyan2 wrote:
sjr56stn wrote:Gary,
OK done.
Steve
Thanks. It'll be a few hours before I can look at it.
Okay, the mergedchannels with the null primary lineups are "dead". They have been replaced by what you see in the guide currently, but those channels having errors no longer matter. It appears they are simply bad deletes possibly from a rescan of your tuners. The intent of my reporting errors like this was to aid in troubleshooting any matching errors and prevent exceptions further in the code. Since the channels don't show in WMC and don't show in the client, I'm going to remove the reporting.

For the double (there were only 2 in the backup, not 3) listings of the "EPG123 Freeview - London (London)" lineup ... don't have an answer just yet. This may have been due to the changes last month. I suspect one of them is the old lineup and the other is the current GBR-1000014-DEFAULT lineup.

Though not the cleanest, due to changes in WMC and EPG123 recently, I'm not seeing anything to be concerned about. If everything appears to be working fine then continue as is until/unless you want to start over.

EDIT: I take that back, the damaged channels are shown in WMC ... maybe I'll automatically repair it. :crazy:
- Gary

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:09 am

I updated the beta client on the server with the latest (http://epg123.garyan2.net/downloads/epg ... t_beta.zip). It does some automatic repairs to merged channels that may have a primary channel orphaned from a dead lineup. It will also filter out lineups that are no longer valid and/or corrupt. Check it out and see if everything is as expected.
- Gary

sjr56stn

Post by sjr56stn » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:06 am

Gary,
Yes the revised beta client seems great. Good work!
So I plucked up courage to do a channel rescan with the result that I have got back my missing BBC4 HD. I had to re-merge it with the working satellite channel. The retune seemed to add a lot of spurious sources to some of the other channels (one now has 22 sources!), but only the original working tuner sources seem to be checked so no real harm done. The number of Freeview channels increased from 151 to 191 (which is a number I seem to recollect from the past) so the various Freeview multiplex changes had meant that I had lost 40 channels, but I had only noticed the loss of BBC4 HD!
If all goes well with tonight's EPG123 scheduled update, I think I will be able to regard the system as fully serviceable. (And I will feel the need for another C image backup!)
Thanks and regards,
Steve