Transfer Tool Wish List

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
mafaldatv

HTPC Specs: Show details

Transfer Tool Wish List

Post by mafaldatv » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:27 pm

Love the ease of the new transfer tool... A question... Is there any way to enforce a program title instead of title/keywords...

I find I sometimes have recordings of stuff I didn't want. I do check scheduled but must have missed it... Today I found "Ellen De Generis" being recorded. Reason is that my wishlist has "american crime story" and, of course, that turned up in the description. A small thing but just wondering. Not a biggie!

Thanks again for all you do.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:52 pm

mafaldatv wrote:Love the ease of the new transfer tool... A question... Is there any way to enforce a program title instead of title/keywords...

I find I sometimes have recordings of stuff I didn't want. I do check scheduled but must have missed it... Today I found "Ellen De Generis" being recorded. Reason is that my wishlist has "american crime story" and, of course, that turned up in the description. A small thing but just wondering. Not a biggie!

Thanks again for all you do.
For WishList items, the transfer tool simply copies it over and imports without modification. The WishList recording you did with "american crime story" is a Generic Keyword recording. From the sounds of it, you really wanted to set it up as a Program Title keyword recording. Rather than make the transfer tool change the type of WishList recording it would be easier for the user to delete and recreate with the Program Title keyword recording.

The bad news, it doesn't appear there is any way to tell in WMC how the WishList was setup... just that it is a keyword WishList. The recordings.mxf file the transfer tool will access does have an indicator on which type of WishList it is. I haven't checked them all out, but for each WishListRequest in the file, there is an attribute "keywordType" which gives it away. Program Title is keywordType "4" and Generic Keyword is keywordType "5". If I were to guess, I would say Actor Name is "1", Director Name is "2", Movie Title is "3".
keywords.PNG
I think adding this capability to the tool would only make it more complicated while adding no real benefit.

If you were asking if the tool could change a WishListRequest item into a SeriesRequest, it's not something I intend to do. There are all the other settings that would go with a request such as pre-padding/post-padding, how many to keep, when to delete ... again adds a lot of complication to the tool though I admit it would be pretty cool to create SeriesRequests for items not even in the guide yet. I'll think about it. :think:
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

mafaldatv

Post by mafaldatv » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:23 am

garyan2 wrote: If you were asking if the tool could change a WishListRequest item into a SeriesRequest, it's not something I intend to do. There are all the other settings that would go with a request such as pre-padding/post-padding, how many to keep, when to delete ... again adds a lot of complication to the tool though I admit it would be pretty cool to create SeriesRequests for items not even in the guide yet. I'll think about it. :think:
Yeah... Guess that's what I was asking. But WAY too much trouble to implement it. In time I'll have caught up with those programs that didn't get added as series... Thought maybe it might be something easy.

Thanks!

mafaldatv

Post by mafaldatv » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:36 pm

BTW, FWIW...

I was pretty sure I had asked it to be "program title"... Just now I tried to set up a new wish list program title... WMC responded with no such program is currently in the guide but click anyhow to set it up. Implication was that it would be as a program title, but not the case. Once set up WMC came back with 20 programs that have the the single word I'd used 'in the title'. So it either converted it to a keyword or, at the very least, keyword in a longer title.

Then I tried my single keyword title in add recording. Got zero returns (makes sense). Then tried it as a keyword and got a bunch where it shows up in the description. So I kinda expect WMC is not honoring series request in the wishlist area once you get past fact it isn't currently in the guide...

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:58 pm

Oh yeah, completely forgot about that little quirk. Sorry 'bout that.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io