HD channel not showing HD icon

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
nairnmonster

HTPC Specs: Show details

HD channel not showing HD icon

Post by nairnmonster » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:50 pm

Hi,

Have just sorted everything after the guide issue with SD. For some reason, one of the HD channels no longer has an HD flag on any programs.
I have a memory of fixing this a long time ago, but it's gone.

From the attached screenshot you can see that the other HD channels have the HD flags. But channel 3 - STV HD which is showing "Harry Potter" and is being broadcast in HD, so this should have the flag. (I have checked for the 21 days of guide and no HD flag on anything for channel 3).
Capture.JPG
If there is a way to just have everything on an HD channel show an HD flag, I would be fine with that.

Any help would be great as it's driving me nuts.

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:18 pm

Yes. You can use an override in the epg123.cfg file to set all programs on that channel to HD. I use this for all the HD channels. I think this is a bit of an undocumented feature. So, as an example:

<StationID CallSign="STVHD" HDOverride="true" SDOverride="false">68033</StationID>
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:42 pm

IT Troll wrote:Yes. You can use an override in the epg123.cfg file to set all programs on that channel to HD. I use this for all the HD channels. I think this is a bit of an undocumented feature. So, as an example:

<StationID CallSign="STVHD" HDOverride="true" SDOverride="false">68033</StationID>
This is an undocumented feature that has been around since EPG123 was just a couple months old. I'll get around to it ... :roll:

Cheers.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

nairnmonster

Post by nairnmonster » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:04 am

IT Troll wrote:Yes. You can use an override in the epg123.cfg file to set all programs on that channel to HD. I use this for all the HD channels. I think this is a bit of an undocumented feature. So, as an example:

That’s it, I just couldn’t remember how it was done. Thanks a million.

nairnmonster

Post by nairnmonster » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:09 am

garyan2 wrote:

This is an undocumented feature that has been around since EPG123 was just a couple months old. I'll get around to it ... :roll:

Cheers.
I have a memory of a button that done it, maybe not with epg123 but defo on something from the past