Wrong UK Transmitter selected

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
DavidUK

HTPC Specs: Show details

Wrong UK Transmitter selected

Post by DavidUK » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:58 pm

Following changes to the UK lineup, I went into the EPG123 settup to select a new lineup.
The new lineup process presented the drop down country menu, and near the top was Great Britain which I selected,
I then entered the post code SL4 for Slough and selected Freeview from the list.
FreeviewSouthEast.png
This added the lineup which displayed DVB-T Name of "Freeview - South East" located in the South East.
Hovering over the Transport it showed the code GBR-1000083-DEFAULT
DVB-T FreeviewSouthEast.png
The problem is the South East covers a lot of transmitters, and as there was no further options I assumed it had selected the correct transmitter for the Slough. And I did not know what GBR-1000083-DEFAULT was.
But no, it selected the transmitter for Dover which is about 100 Miles away and out of range.
Thanks to SchedulesDirect who provide a JSON file of the transmitters and this showed GBR-1000083-DEFAULT as being Dover. The correct transmitter for Slough is the London Crystal Palace transmitter GBR-1000014-Dafault.

It would be helpful if the Location field showed this actual transmitter (Dover) instead of just SouthEast and this would have alerted me to the problem.

The solution is to go back to the LineUp country selection and instead of selecting Great Britain, scroll all the way to the bottom and select Great Britain FreeView, and then select the transmitter.
Great Britain Freeview.png
That worked, just in time for the Christmas recordings.

David

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:28 pm

A little bit of deflection there from SD. All the information presented along with all the search results are provided directly from the SD JSON servers. I have no control over that. So the problem is with the headend results for the SL4 postal code from SD and/or their upstream. The headend results also do not contain the transmit towers... it identified as simply location "South East".

The Freeview transmit towers were created by SD and will certainly not be affected by the recent UK lineup changes.

Thanks for posting. This will be very useful for other DVB-T users.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

mawse1

Post by mawse1 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:05 am

DaveUK

Good info there, but be careful and watch your log file. Thats how I had mine set up and it worked great. But had the line up deleted by SD after they sent the email out about the changes.
I played about a bit and noticed it would dl when you set it up but would then get deleted by SD, so had to go to the post code setup. The post code setup is a little vague to say the least, Ive lost about 10 channels, but as garyan2 suggested Ive submitted a support ticket.