Custom Recording - How to Delete?

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
mafaldatv

HTPC Specs: Show details

Custom Recording - How to Delete?

Post by mafaldatv » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:35 pm

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post, but figure more people might be knowledgeable here (?). During the great Fall outage I switched to EPG123 and have never looked back. It has worked flawlessly (save for a few Schedules Direct errors). I switched just before Gary worked out a better transfer tool, so had created a whole bunch of CUSTOM RECORDINGS aka WISH LIST. I must have used keyword (though I didn't hink so) and I find that I now get recordings based on the content of the description. Hence if an actor is listed in the description but for another show... not the one I want... the thing gets recorded.

So far I haven't found a way to DELETE a wish list/custom recording and haven't discovered the hiding place of the file that drives it (even scanned the registry).

So does somebody happen to have the answer?

Thanks.

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:33 pm

My custom recordings are all listed along with Series recordings under:

'recorded tv' > 'view scheduled' > 'Series'

& are listed by whatever name was assigned when creating the keyword recording. Deleted just like a series.

If the item doesn't jump out at you from the 'Series' listings, find one of the events in question under 'recorded tv' OR 'scheduled recordings', select it & view the synopsis screen which offers the options 'do not record' & 'cancel series'.

If that's not enough, check the 'actions' page (to the right of 'synopsis')... either 'record settings' for that particular recording, or 'series info' where you can edit the complete series without having to hunt for it.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by d00zah on Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:08 pm

You can use the same transfer tool from EPG123, highlight the WishList recording on the right side, right-click and select Cancel. That will "delete" the scheduled recordings.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

mafaldatv

Post by mafaldatv » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:24 pm

To d00zah:

Thanks... Playing around with your set of instructions did get me to a showing that seemed to imply it was based on a keyword. It isn't at all obvious since I want the show, I don't want the one based on the keyword. I hadn't noticed before that in the series listings that it was listed twice (though I don't think WMC recorded it twice, it just recorded things with the show's name in the information, even if it wasn't that show--ie... actors, who stars in xyz.

To Gary...

I hadn't downloaded 1.17 because I didn't need the transfer tool... so I thought (knowing that it was too late; you came out with it a week after I bit the bullet). However, of course, that becomes the beautiful solution. Did so and there were all my wish list requests, duplicates if the series is now running, one for series, one for wis hlist. Deleted the wish list request.

So now that I have it I can go through and easily get rid of the non-english channels, which I am doing at this moment

Now, if you are the compulsive sort of programmer that I have been, here's a programming suggestion:

A button that says keep only english channels and/or a button that says get rid of all spanish (or all chinese or all tagalog, etc. harder, I guess).

This is, of course, not at all necessary since this is just a one time thing. You probably have better things to do.

Also as a note, I notice as I go through deleting non english stations, if the callsign has two listings (2 different channels, one station id), clicking on one of them erases both. Not sure if that is a feature or a bug.

In any event, thanks again for all you've done.