EPG123 Guide setup options grayed out and no guide data

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
iasm

HTPC Specs: Show details

EPG123 Guide setup options grayed out and no guide data

Post by iasm » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:09 am

Hi all.
EPG has worked for months with no maintenance. we went away for the holiday and got home today and i am being told the guide is less then three days out. Searched for some solutions and the suggestions were to set update times and check the full box but those are all grayed out not allowing me to make changes. I updated the software and did save and execute and now i lost the three days i had. Any suggestions? If this software wasn't so reliable i would be familiar with repair but have ever had to touch it.
Thanks
Rod

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:22 am

iasm wrote:Hi all.
EPG has worked for months with no maintenance. we went away for the holiday and got home today and i am being told the guide is less then three days out. Searched for some solutions and the suggestions were to set update times and check the full box but those are all grayed out not allowing me to make changes. I updated the software and did save and execute and now i lost the three days i had. Any suggestions? If this software wasn't so reliable i would be familiar with repair but have ever had to touch it.
Thanks
Rod
2 things for the grayed out controls...
1) To be able to create/delete tasks you need to run the program with elevated permissions. Either run as administrator or click 1 of the buttons with a shield on it.
2) To change a task, you will have to delete the existing task first.

Curious, what version were you using before you upgraded? You shouldn't have lost any guide data.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

iasm

Post by iasm » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:32 am

Sorry i didnt note the version. The guided showed good untill the 37th. i think i lost the existing data as i was playing around with save and execute.It says guide data good untill dec 27th now so thats good.Just need to figure out how to get it to show up in the guide. I also dont have any logos if thats a clue.Thanks for the quick reply.

iasm

Post by iasm » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:37 am

Update
It seems all good now. I ran client and changed time and save and execute and the guide came up. I will play with it and see if everything's fine.I have been getting notified to update guide listings starting at 10 days but it allways said downloaded successfully so i didnt double check in media center guide.