Channels missing

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
nairnmonster

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by nairnmonster » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:02 pm

garyan2 wrote:The first thing it does before deleting the database is backup all the information which can take some time to make sure the backup is up-to-date. It uses a mcupdate call which will force the backup so can take some time. When it is done, it will backup all those files into a zip file in the epg123\backup folder to restore if you need to.

Once all that is complete, then it will prompt to open WMC to proceed to Step 2.
Last thing, so once I have completed my guide to exactly how I like it and everything setup. How do I backup everything?

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:12 pm

The beta epg123Client I provided has a new button labeled [Backup]. Click that and it will back up you tuner configurations, you lineup/listing assignment for each channel, any custom channel number and call signs, and finally your scheduled recordings. All that will be saved in a zip file in your [epg123]\backup folder.

Right now, the feature is only in the beta release which also has a [Restore] button. Hopefully all this will be production ready and released soon... this paying job I have is getting in the way.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

nairnmonster

Post by nairnmonster » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:47 pm

garyan2 wrote:The beta epg123Client I provided has a new button labeled [Backup]. Click that and it will back up you tuner configurations, you lineup/listing assignment for each channel, any custom channel number and call signs, and finally your scheduled recordings. All that will be saved in a zip file in your [epg123]\backup folder.

Right now, the feature is only in the beta release which also has a [Restore] button. Hopefully all this will be production ready and released soon... this paying job I have is getting in the way.
I know that feeling!!!

I don't want to use toolguide anymore, but I have noticed that one of the HD channels it's not flagging the HD programs like the other channels.. I've tried other listings for the same channel but all the same?

nairnmonster

Post by nairnmonster » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:49 pm

garyan2 wrote:The beta epg123Client I provided has a new button labeled [Backup]. Click that and it will back up you tuner configurations, you lineup/listing assignment for each channel, any custom channel number and call signs, and finally your scheduled recordings. All that will be saved in a zip file in your [epg123]\backup folder.

Ignore my last, it would appear the guide now updates correctly and only shows the items that are in HD.