Schedules Direct Down!

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
Sammy2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Schedules Direct Down!

Post by Sammy2 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:53 pm

I was trying to log in to Schedules Direct to confirm my Password for Emby and ran across this while trying to log in:
Notice:
**** KNOWN SERVER ISSUES. TRY AGAIN LATER IF AFFECTED. ****
Confirmed issue with the SD-DD server starting 2017-09-28 13:16:02 PDT
It is not clear if this will affect data downloads tonight or not.

I also saw this but it is a month old now:
August 2nd 2017
Banning after login failures

This is new... our web site seems to be the target of a denial of service attack. To reduce the impact, after a large number of failed logins I'm blocking that IP address for a day. I don't think a human will hit the number, but if you do contact admin@sd or post in the forum.

Data service logins are not affected, just the SD website
It is not clear if the two are related or not.

rmeden

Post by rmeden » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:25 pm

The SD-DD service outage would not have affected the SD-JSON service used by EPG123, although I think payments and new accounts are not accepted when there is any known issue. It's been a long time since I looked at that part of the code. :)

The automated system check (that created that message), and other notification scripts worked normally.

The Amazon hosted SD-DD load balancer died. I wasn't even able to get a console picture.. I bet the physical host died. I was able to get the instance back up without creating a new instance.... took about 40 minutes from outage to repair. (mostly a notification delay... and of course a day job. :) )

So, everything worked normally.

RobertE

p.s. Nothing to to do with the DDOS issue. That's been handled with a firewall rule and a login page change.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:27 pm

You guys are amazing!

12noon

Post by 12noon » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:14 pm

Seconded! :clap: :clap: :clap: I didn't even notice the outage. :) Schedules Direct makes all other services look bad.
USA 60005
WOW Chicago Suburbs - Digital
USA-IL58819-X