Transferred series does not record

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
Richard7169

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Richard7169 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:40 am

I also just switched to EPG 123 and had to do a reinstall and the previous recording schedule that was compatible did not import for some reason the 2nd time so i went into scheduled and then by series and series settings and saved what was already there and when backing out after saving the series settings it populated in the scheduled recordings and I had to do this for each series .

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:13 pm

Richard7169 wrote:I also just switched to EPG 123 and had to do a reinstall and the previous recording schedule that was compatible did not import for some reason the 2nd time so i went into scheduled and then by series and series settings and saved what was already there and when backing out after saving the series settings it populated in the scheduled recordings and I had to do this for each series .
You just needed to give it some time. The tool doesn't currently kick-off a recording database reindex after import so if the schedules aren't automatically populated, the user will need to manually kick off the PVRScheduleTask or just wait for the reindexing to start/complete.

The next release will include the PvrScheduleTask after the series transfer to avoid the above.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

amarkowi

Post by amarkowi » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:20 pm

My problem was pretty much the same as CMQBartzman. A careful reinstall resolved everything. Its been working flawlessly ever since. Great software!

I suggest the following changes to the install procedure documentation to keep others out of trouble.

Insert screenshots of the epg123 pop-ups into the appropriate places, especially the first one, EPG123 Clean Start. Even on the reinstall, it took 2 clicks of the Clean Start button to get the pop-up.

Make it crystal clear that this is an automated install, and that WMC will auto launch. On my first install, when Clean Start did nothing, I launched WMC manually, never knowing that I was headed down the wrong path.

At the completion of the install, have the user check the EPG123 Client Lineup Services drop-down, to verify that only SD lineups appear.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:19 pm

amarkowi wrote:My problem was pretty much the same as CMQBartzman. A careful reinstall resolved everything. Its been working flawlessly ever since. Great software!

I suggest the following changes to the install procedure documentation to keep others out of trouble.

Insert screenshots of the epg123 pop-ups into the appropriate places, especially the first one, EPG123 Clean Start. Even on the reinstall, it took 2 clicks of the Clean Start button to get the pop-up.

Make it crystal clear that this is an automated install, and that WMC will auto launch. On my first install, when Clean Start did nothing, I launched WMC manually, never knowing that I was headed down the wrong path.

At the completion of the install, have the user check the EPG123 Client Lineup Services drop-down, to verify that only SD lineups appear.
Working on some of this right now. Some of the feedback is there is confusion when clicking any of the buttons with a shield on it. Some of the operations are going to require elevated permissions so the program has to restart. There is no "memory" of the users request so the GUI just opens and waits for the user to click the button again to execute.

Thanks for the feedback. After some code changes I'm doing to try to streamline the installation further, I'll update the guide appropriately. Good idea on including those prompts in the guide as well.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io