New EPG123 setup - cannot get the guide to update

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
GaryDZ

HTPC Specs: Show details

New EPG123 setup - cannot get the guide to update

Post by GaryDZ » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:02 am

I followed the instruction... and cant get the EPG to update.

My client screen looks different than the walk through screen shots. The left side of the screen Guide Channels has all of the channel numbers checked. but no service names. See attachement. I tried to clean start a few times, Rebuild data base until it asked for the MXF file and manual import several times.

I also have a Exit 0x0000000001 next to task has not run.

Any idea what I am doing wrong.

Using an HD Homerun 3 tuner, on FiOS

[Moderator note: topic moved]
Attachments
Capture.PNG

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:12 am

Looks like the task hasn't run yet. Try selecting 'Save & Execute'. You should see progress bars for the download first, followed by the import.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:22 am

I think I might, but basically to get you going you're going to have to start with a clean start again. Your configuration looks good, so keep that as it is for Step 3 ... to exit the EPG123 GUI, click the [Save & Execute] button. That will automatically import the guide listings and perform the automatch. Once that is done, the client will look right and your guide will have all the listings.

Please stay away from the Rebuild Database button ... it is intended to rebuild an existing database from backup files. Since this is an initial setup, there are no meaningful backup files and the results can be unpredictable.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

GJ51

Post by GJ51 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:50 pm

I'm having much the same issue.

I hit Save&Exit - everything appears to run including the import to WMC - Guide is Populates with "No data available"

Quite frustrating.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:33 pm

GJ51 wrote:I'm having much the same issue.

I hit Save&Exit - everything appears to run including the import to WMC - Guide is Populates with "No data available"

Quite frustrating.
Sounds like the listings aren't matched with the channels. Doing a [Save & Execute], make sure the checkbox "Automatically match ..." is selected. OR, you can open the EPG123 Client and click the Automatch by: [# Number] button to do the matching very quickly.
- Gary

GJ51

Post by GJ51 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:53 pm

garyan2 wrote:
GJ51 wrote:I'm having much the same issue.

Quite frustrating.
Sounds like the listings aren't matched with the channels. Doing a [Save & Execute], make sure the checkbox "Automatically match ..." is selected. OR, you can open the EPG123 Client and click the Automatch by: [# Number] button to do the matching very quickly.
Unfortunately, opening the client does not open the original panel seen during installation, but opens directly to the page with the Schedules Direct logon credentials. On the Save&Exit screen the Automatch by # option is greyed out.

I 'm quite certain I did select Auto match and all appeared to be in order.

I've been through the documentation and watched the installation video SEVERAL times.

I'm not sure what/if anything I may be doing wrong, but This isn't my first run at something like this. I'm sure it might be something I'm missing, but darned if I know what it is. Everything in the installation process seems to be running properly, but then I open WMC and get "No data available."
Last edited by GJ51 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:56 pm

Sounds like you opened the EPG123 GUI instead of the client. The manual way would be to open \epg123\epg123Client.exe to get the client up. Once it is up, what does the left and right listviews look like?
- Gary

GJ51

Post by GJ51 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:07 pm

Got it!!

Thank you

Donation coming shortly