2017-06-07: Schedules Direct service issue

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Important Information
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: http://epg123.garyan2.net <> Setup guide here: http://epg123.garyan2.net/downloads/epg123_Guide.pdf

Re: 2017-06-07: Schedules Direct service issue

Post#61 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:39 pm

Based on this continuing discussion I just noticed that the guide for channels that did not get impacted last week go out a few weeks as expected... But the ones that lost their guide data all together last week only go through this coming Monday night. So, less than 6 days left on them.

Just shared via support at Schedules Direct, too.
User avatar
Doctor Feelgood
 
Posts: 320
Joined: 16 August 2012
Location: NJ
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#62 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:24 pm

eclas wrote:I agree on SD support. They try hard but over a week now is a very long time.
And I have NO new guide data. When I tried to download data it just showed "Deleted" when I check what lineups I have.

I'm wondering if my problem is the same as others. I am getting NO channel lineup when I try to add my Brighthouse cable
After I add Brighthouse my lineup shows deleted when using EPG123
I select it for adding a new lineup but no channels at all show up. When I go back and check what lineups I have it just shows a "Deleted" one.
I have 2 separate systems and they are both doing the same thing
I checked online and when I select 'Brighthouse Sumter County' to add online it appears fine but I have no way to import them that way.

This is part of the same ongoing issue, but I think it is important to point out that SD is as much a victim to this as us all. The source of the problem is at Gracenote and their API/servers.

I would also like to point out that actions taken by SD when this problem was discovered actually saved a lot of people's guides from imploding like yours. Realizing the issue was at Gracenote, and what that was doing to the data they were sourcing to their subscribers (us), SD stopped updating. The data we were getting from SD was stale, but for the most part was good enough. Some lineups had already disappeared along with some stations, but we weren't completely left in the dark.
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#63 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:34 pm

SD sent a note that the lineup that I reported was valid, However, I cannot load it via the epg123 gui interface. Here are the log entries. Is this still an SD problem? Or do I have another issue. I had no problems at all until Tuesday 6/13. I did upgrade to the newest version of epg123.

thanks.
Code: Select all
[2017-06-14 17:10:22Z] [ERROR] SD API WebException Thrown. Message: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden. , Status: ProtocolError
[2017-06-14 17:10:22Z] [ERROR] SD responded with error code: 4100 , message: Exceeded maximum number of lineup changes for today. , serverID: 20141201.web.1 , datetime: 2017-06-14T17:10:07Z
[2017-06-14 17:10:22Z] [ERROR] Failed to get a response from Schedules Direct when trying to add lineup USA-UT43414-X.
[2017-06-14 17:10:22Z] [ERROR] SD API WebException Thrown. Message: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. , Status: ProtocolError
[2017-06-14 17:10:22Z] [ERROR] SD responded with error code: 4102 , message: No lineups have been added to this account. , serverID: 20141201.web.1 , datetime: 2017-06-14T17:10:07Z
[2017-06-14 17:10:22Z] [ERROR] Did not receive a response from Schedules Direct for a client lineup listings.
[2017-06-14 17:10:24Z] [ERROR] SD API WebException Thrown. Message: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. , Status: ProtocolError
[2017-06-14 17:10:24Z] [ERROR] SD responded with error code: 4102 , message: No lineups have been added to this account. , serverID: 20141201.web.1 , datetime: 2017-06-14T17:10:10Z
[2017-06-14 17:10:24Z] [ERROR] Did not receive a response from Schedules Direct for a client lineup listings.
shaacke@msn.com
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 14 June 2017

Post#64 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:46 pm

shaacke@msn.com wrote:SD sent a note that the lineup that I reported was valid, However, I cannot load it via the epg123 gui interface. Here are the log entries. Is this still an SD problem? Or do I have another issue. I had no problems at all until Tuesday 6/13. I did upgrade to the newest version of epg123.

thanks.
Code: Select all
[2017-06-14 17:10:22Z] [ERROR] SD API WebException Thrown. Message: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden. , Status: ProtocolError
[2017-06-14 17:10:22Z] [ERROR] SD responded with error code: 4100 , message: Exceeded maximum number of lineup changes for today. , serverID: 20141201.web.1 , datetime: 2017-06-14T17:10:07Z
[2017-06-14 17:10:22Z] [ERROR] Failed to get a response from Schedules Direct when trying to add lineup USA-UT43414-X.
[2017-06-14 17:10:22Z] [ERROR] SD API WebException Thrown. Message: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. , Status: ProtocolError
[2017-06-14 17:10:22Z] [ERROR] SD responded with error code: 4102 , message: No lineups have been added to this account. , serverID: 20141201.web.1 , datetime: 2017-06-14T17:10:07Z
[2017-06-14 17:10:22Z] [ERROR] Did not receive a response from Schedules Direct for a client lineup listings.
[2017-06-14 17:10:24Z] [ERROR] SD API WebException Thrown. Message: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. , Status: ProtocolError
[2017-06-14 17:10:24Z] [ERROR] SD responded with error code: 4102 , message: No lineups have been added to this account. , serverID: 20141201.web.1 , datetime: 2017-06-14T17:10:10Z
[2017-06-14 17:10:24Z] [ERROR] Did not receive a response from Schedules Direct for a client lineup listings.

Schedules Direct limits the number of lineups you add in a 24 hour period to 6. It appears you have exceeded that amount and have been blocked from further additions. Contact SD to see if they will reset the count for you considering the difficulty you were having and you are obviously not attempting to violate the subscriber agreement.
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#65 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:56 pm

I guess I should ask what the initial problem was that you were deleting and adding your lineup. Was it being flagged as DELETED?
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#66 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:15 pm

Fast fix on my problem posted yesterday. Last nights run had my Lineup restored and automatch re-added them to my Guide properly so I am back in business. Albeit with the reduced length of data, most channels don't go beyond Jun 22. EPG123 still standing head and shoulders above Microsoft/Rovi. :D
stuartm
 
Posts: 310
Joined: 5 November 2012
Location: Longmont, CO
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#67 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:29 pm

It was that my guide updated overnight, and there was no data in the WMC guide. It seemed related to the issues with SD. I kept trying to add it. It said it was a deleted guide.
shaacke@msn.com
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 14 June 2017

Post#68 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:45 pm

shaacke@msn.com wrote:It was that my guide updated overnight, and there was no data in the WMC guide. It seemed related to the issues with SD. I kept trying to add it. It said it was a deleted guide.

Right, same issue, different symptom. The response from SD for a /lineups request of your account contains a 'isDeleted' flag set to true for your lineup. I'm not sure why it is flagged, or if it is even truly missing, but this is preventing epg123 from going any further. So when asking SD to reset your "ADD" count, maybe they could manually add that lineup themselves and verify the isDeleted flag is not set.
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#69 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:34 pm

rkulagow wrote:Our upstream data provider is currently experiencing a service-impacting issue, which then cascades down to us.

Please see
http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2919 for additional information and status.


I just checked the thread over there and it looks like GraceNote applied a patch to address the issue and SD is now slowly upping the days of data they are requesting from GraceNote. In short, hopefully it's looking like it's fixed :thumbup:
marvin-miller
 
Posts: 209
Joined: 18 September 2012
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#70 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:46 am

rkulagow wrote:Re: 2017-06-07: Service disruption
Postby rkulagow » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:31 pm

2017-06-14 @ 6:28P / 23:28 UTC

We are continuing to increase the data available. These are the items which should cause you to open a ticket at the Schedules Direct website:

- missing station from the lineup
- station exists in the lineup, but is returning no data for the schedule
- severely truncated schedule (< 7 days)
- many instances of "To Be Announced" in the schedule

I would add that anyone that is seeing a DELETED lineup in the EPG123 GUI to also let us know. But so far, everything is looking good.
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#71 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:19 am

garyan2 wrote:But so far, everything is looking good.


I'm not seeing any new data yet
marvin-miller
 
Posts: 209
Joined: 18 September 2012
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#72 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:56 am

I am seeing what appears to be full UK Freeview data (London feed) out to +10 days but several channels are all 'TBA' from the 24 June onwards.
This seems to reflect the current information from SD that they are pushing out up to 10 days of schedules.
Also some of the MD5 errors in the trace.log file from some days ago no longer appear and the daily update runs to completion with 0 error code.
jartweb
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 23 June 2012

Post#73 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:28 pm

My guide still ends on June 27 or 28 depending on the channel.. I don't think I'm getting new data but am not sure but I usually have 21 days so if it is now 12 days or whatnot I still have new data. Any way to really tell? There's been no updates posted over at Schedules Direct since June 9, 6 days ago now. I'm sure they're busy with this but the lack of updated information is discerning. I hope Robert is just on vacation and enjoying some family time or something and will be back soon to get the data up to 3 weeks or so again.
Sammy2
 
Posts: 1329
Joined: 24 August 2012
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#74 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:11 pm

Sammy2 wrote:My guide still ends on June 27 or 28 depending on the channel.. I don't think I'm getting new data but am not sure but I usually have 21 days so if it is now 12 days or whatnot I still have new data. Any way to really tell? There's been no updates posted over at Schedules Direct since June 9, 6 days ago now. I'm sure they're busy with this but the lack of updated information is discerning. I hope Robert is just on vacation and enjoying some family time or something and will be back soon to get the data up to 3 weeks or so again.

Looks like SD is up to 13 days right now. If you look at you trace.log file and do some math, you'll see how many days you have. (1300 daily schedules for 100 stations = 13 days)

Code: Select all
[6/15/2017 4:22:14 AM] [ INFO] Processed 1300 daily schedules for 100 stations.

I think you may have lost your link to SD, they have been updating it. The quote I have above is from the site from yesterday.
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#75 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:00 pm

garyan2 wrote:
Sammy2 wrote:My guide still ends on June 27 or 28 depending on the channel.. I don't think I'm getting new data but am not sure but I usually have 21 days so if it is now 12 days or whatnot I still have new data. Any way to really tell? There's been no updates posted over at Schedules Direct since June 9, 6 days ago now. I'm sure they're busy with this but the lack of updated information is discerning. I hope Robert is just on vacation and enjoying some family time or something and will be back soon to get the data up to 3 weeks or so again.

Looks like SD is up to 13 days right now. If you look at you trace.log file and do some math, you'll see how many days you have. (1300 daily schedules for 100 stations = 13 days)

Code: Select all
[6/15/2017 4:22:14 AM] [ INFO] Processed 1300 daily schedules for 100 stations.

I think you may have lost your link to SD, they have been updating it. The quote I have above is from the site from yesterday.


Couple of things..

Is that from your trace.log or mine?

How do you know I lost my link and how do I restore it? Wouldn't that show in the trace.log?

Thanks



Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Sammy2
 
Posts: 1329
Joined: 24 August 2012
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#76 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:39 pm

Okay.. I have 5733 / 441 = 12 days now.

Hopefully they'll get back to the previous 21 days in the next few days but 13 isn't too bad.. just not up to what we have had in the past, that's all.
Sammy2
 
Posts: 1329
Joined: 24 August 2012
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#77 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:44 am

Sammy2 wrote:Couple of things..

Is that from your trace.log or mine?

How do you know I lost my link and how do I restore it? Wouldn't that show in the trace.log?

What I pasted was from my log file just for a visual aid... and I was talking more like your web browser link broken the SD to see the current status. You were way behind.
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#78 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:34 am

The data in my guide ends June 29 (and had been that way for quite a few days now). Any update on when this issue might be resolved?
User avatar
Ladislaus
 
Posts: 89
Joined: 26 January 2015
Location: NJ
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#79 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:48 pm

My guide data ends on the 29th... But at least the channels that initially lost all guide data, and then later only had guide data through the 22nd, are all populated with data through the 29th as well. Getting somewhere.
User avatar
Doctor Feelgood
 
Posts: 320
Joined: 16 August 2012
Location: NJ
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#80 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:37 pm

Looks like we are holding steady at 13 days of data right now. SD is taking measured steps in building everything back up to the 21 days we are used to.
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

PreviousNext

Return to EPG123



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron