2017-06-07: Schedules Direct service issue

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
Sammy2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:08 pm

Clean run today. Looks like I was lucky and only lost one channel but I think I lost a couple in the recent past due to these MD5 errors. I'm going to go back through my trace.log and check my channel count to see.

@Garyryan
When this data comes back from Schedules Direct will it be added back into my guide or do I need to do something on my end?

I know, I know. I read it load and clear.. I need to make the time to upgrade and install v1.1.6. That will happen in the next few days after Schedules Direct shows a few days of stability.

DOS4EVER

Post by DOS4EVER » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:00 pm

Sammy2 wrote:Clean run today. Looks like I was lucky and only lost one channel but I think I lost a couple in the recent past due to these MD5 errors. I'm going to go back through my trace.log and check my channel count to see.

@Garyryan
When this data comes back from Schedules Direct will it be added back into my guide or do I need to do something on my end?

I know, I know. I read it load and clear.. I need to make the time to upgrade and install v1.1.6. That will happen in the next few days after Schedules Direct shows a few days of stability.
I had missing guide data for 11 channels yesterday but after this morning's daily EPG update those 11 channels populated new guide data. So it appears any missing data will correctly populate once the issues are fixed.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:51 pm

Sammy2 wrote:Looks like I was lucky and only lost one channel but I think I lost a couple in the recent past due to these MD5 errors.
The MD5 errors don't cause channels to disappear, it just doesn't add/update any guide listings for that channel.
Sammy2 wrote:When this data comes back from Schedules Direct will it be added back into my guide or do I need to do something on my end?
When channels drop in-and-out like that it's hard to tell. I've seen WMC pick them back up no problem, and I've also seen WMC not only drop the channel but make the channel invisible/non-usable. You're just going to have to wait and see.

BTW: I'm working on code right now to automatically backup up the lineup/recording/subscription backups in the ehome directory every time a "Step 1" is performed, as well as backup up the epg123.cfg file every time a Save or Save&Execute is done (with changes). So yes, update when you can, the sooner the better so you can keep getting these improvements for a more relaxing experience.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

webminster

Post by webminster » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:14 pm

Are the issues with SD lineups still continuing? Noticed today I have 13 days instead of normal 16. The epg123 1.1.4 logs don't look odd, seems to be downloading 492 stations and loading. But not seeing data.

EDIT: I see from the SD forums that apparently they're throttled to 7 days of data, still ongoing issues.

-Alan
Last edited by webminster on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:17 pm

webminster wrote:Are the issues with SD lineups still continuing? Noticed today I have 13 days instead of normal 16. The epg123 1.1.4 logs don't look odd, seems to be downloading 492 stations and loading. But not seeing data.
-Alan
Still ongoing. We are limited to 7 days of downloads right now so until it gets resolved, it will keep going down until it reaches 7 days and then maintain.
- Gary

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:33 pm

So my recent guide data downloads are current only 7 days out and beyond that is old data from last week before the snafu? I was going to report that my guide only has 15 days data right now and it typically has 21 so this explains it I guess. I hope they get this resolved soon. I'd hate to only have 7 days data for the long haul..

glorp

Post by glorp » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:16 pm

You can monitor HERE for status updates about the trouble and the 7-day issues.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:50 pm

Sure can. I see that the 7 day limit is on there. I didn't check it but figured Gary was correct. I'm just confirming why my guide only has 15 days and that only the most recent 7 days are current.

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:13 pm

The issue has deteriorated for me. I still have some machines on 1.0.2 and I did not disable my nightly run since I was still getting my whole lineup just not full data on all the channels. Unfortunately, last night suddenly my lineups lost everything above channel 700 and they got chopped from my guide. :( If I just persevere will the channels get re-added when the lineups are fixed? (I run with automatch enabled). If not, how to get my guide back? I have filed a ticket on my lineups with SD.
Up till now I was feeling superior to the poor slobs still on Rovi data, but now, not so much.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:17 pm

stuartm wrote:The issue has deteriorated for me. I still have some machines on 1.0.2 and I did not disable my nightly run since I was still getting my whole lineup just not full data on all the channels. Unfortunately, last night suddenly my lineups lost everything above channel 700 and they got chopped from my guide. :( If I just persevere will the channels get re-added when the lineups are fixed? (I run with automatch enabled). If not, how to get my guide back? I have filed a ticket on my lineups with SD.
Up till now I was feeling superior to the poor slobs still on Rovi data, but now, not so much.
Try to remember that there is direct contact with the developer and provider here and they are working for a solution to a problem above them from Gracenote. When I had Rovi Data on WMC there was complete silence and crappy data all the time. I trust this will be fixed very soon. You need to start a thread and post your log for a better answer as to what is going on with your specific set up. Try getting answers to that from MicroSoft or Rovi.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:40 pm

Sammy2 wrote: Try to remember that there is direct contact with the developer and provider here and they are working for a solution to a problem above them from Gracenote. When I had Rovi Data on WMC there was complete silence and crappy data all the time. I trust this will be fixed very soon. You need to start a thread and post your log for a better answer as to what is going on with your specific set up. Try getting answers to that from MicroSoft or Rovi.
^^^This
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:03 pm

Thanks guys, I am fully aware of the great support we get from both Gary and SD. Mostly just expressing my frustration at my own stupidity at not either upgrading all my machines to latest rev or disabling the guide update till SD is fixed. I was fooled because I was not initially affected so did not expect my lineups to be hit several days after the problem started. My one test machine at 1.1.5 very nicely just refused to complete the update due to the missing channels in the lineup.
Also wanted to verify with Gary that once SD is fixed my missing channels would re-appear.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:58 pm

Latest from the Schedules Direct forum:
Re: 2017-06-07: Service disruption
Postby rkulagow » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:54 am
2017-06-13 @ 1:52P

Our upstream will be deploying a bug fix this evening to fix a query which has been generating cache misses and therefore increasing load.
- Gary

eclas

Post by eclas » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:57 pm

About 6 days now. I have no guide data past about 12 days. I hope it gets fixed soon. This is a VERY long outage for a business.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:40 am

stuartm wrote:Also wanted to verify with Gary that once SD is fixed my missing channels would re-appear.
No guarantees ...

I'll quote myself form post #43
garyan2 wrote:When channels drop in-and-out like that it's hard to tell. I've seen WMC pick them back up no problem, and I've also seen WMC not only drop the channel but make the channel invisible/non-usable. You're just going to have to wait and see.
- Gary

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:08 am

eclas wrote:About 6 days now. I have no guide data past about 12 days. I hope it gets fixed soon. This is a VERY long outage for a business.
It isn't out just reduced. Try to get this level of support from Rovi/MicroSoft on the epg. Never going to happen. Not in this universe.

marvin-miller

Post by marvin-miller » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:20 am

Just wanted to give a big thanks to Gary and the SD guy for keeping us updated on this issue. I was always one of the first (and most vocal) over on the Microsoft complaint forum when they changed over to Rovi and I can tell you that not once did I get a reply from them. In fact, I can't recall them ever posting up information on what was going on - let alone mentioning that they were looking into the problem.

They did not care.

I'm also seeing reduced guide data but a quick look over here is all it took to explain what was going on, that the concerned parties were well aware of it, and that steps were being taken to address the issue.

Hmmm....I like that.

eclas

Post by eclas » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:40 am

I agree on SD support. They try hard but over a week now is a very long time.
And I have NO new guide data. When I tried to download data it just showed "Deleted" when I check what lineups I have.

I'm wondering if my problem is the same as others. I am getting NO channel lineup when I try to add my Brighthouse cable
After I add Brighthouse my lineup shows deleted when using EPG123
I select it for adding a new lineup but no channels at all show up. When I go back and check what lineups I have it just shows a "Deleted" one.
I have 2 separate systems and they are both doing the same thing
I checked online and when I select 'Brighthouse Sumter County' to add online it appears fine but I have no way to import them that way.
Sammy2 wrote:
eclas wrote:About 6 days now. I have no guide data past about 12 days. I hope it gets fixed soon. This is a VERY long outage for a business.
It isn't out just reduced. Try to get this level of support from Rovi/MicroSoft on the epg. Never going to happen. Not in this universe.

eclas

Post by eclas » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:56 am

I just checked and now it looks like all is working. Still need to check it all out but at least they are now downloading channels

Edit: I have it set for 30 days of data (temporarily) and after about 11 days it starts to lose some channel data
That's a lot better than Empty
Last edited by eclas on Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:12 pm

My guide goes out 14 days right now. Not sure if the last 7 are from last week of if SchedulesDirect is now putting out longer data.