v1.1.5 Release

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
IT Troll

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by IT Troll » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:50 pm

Thanks for the new release Gary; working well and looking good. :thumbup:

I did note that the installer prompts for privilege elevation which isn't necessary on my system. I already have the registry settings and my EPG123 folder is within the Public folder. However, I realise this is the simplest catch all for all scenarios.
Scallica wrote:My channel guide looks good, however, I noticed that the "About Channel Guide" screen still shows EPG123 v1.0.1 (v1.1.4 available).
I have found that the About screen doesn't always refresh immediately if you have Media Center open/minimised whilst running an EPG123 update. Closing and re-launching Media Center can often do the trick. Just seen this myself with my own upgrade.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:35 am

IT Troll wrote:Thanks for the new release Gary; working well and looking good. :thumbup:

I did note that the installer prompts for privilege elevation which isn't necessary on my system. I already have the registry settings and my EPG123 folder is within the Public folder. However, I realise this is the simplest catch all for all scenarios.
Right now, I have the privileges required at admin, my other options are poweruser, lowest, and none. I can run some scenarios and see if poweruser will be possible.
IT Troll wrote:
Scallica wrote:My channel guide looks good, however, I noticed that the "About Channel Guide" screen still shows EPG123 v1.0.1 (v1.1.4 available).
I have found that the About screen doesn't always refresh immediately if you have Media Center open/minimised whilst running an EPG123 update. Closing and re-launching Media Center can often do the trick. Just seen this myself with my own upgrade.
^That make much more sense.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:22 am

garyan2 wrote:Right now, I have the privileges required at admin, my other options are poweruser, lowest, and none. I can run some scenarios and see if poweruser will be possible.
If the end game is to have install as a service then it is still going to need admin rights. If the next step is a System Tray tool then this wouldn't necessarily need elevation - depending on the installation folder.

Some people have reservations over running unsigned installers which require elevation. In which case a standard zip may be preferable. However, the above enhancements would require additional setup steps and I am sure you are wanting to make installation as foolproof as possible.

The ideal would be a signed installer and code; but that means $$$.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1