EPG123 v1.14 Epic Fail

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
garyan2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by garyan2 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:15 pm

IT Troll wrote:Looking good! Nice to see my logo is still in service. Although not pictured, I take the installer will allow you to choose your preferred installation folder?
The logo will always be in service ... best free membership I ever spent. :angel: Speaking of, when I was working on the future system tray component, I recall wishing I had a SVG of the logo to work with. Did you happen to make one and if so could you send it to me? I know at the time I just said I needed the icons and a PNG, but I also didn't know how to use a SVG or understand how flexible it is.

You can absolutely choose your installation folder for the install. The package will also detect whether the minimum .NET Framework is installed and install it if necessary, create shortcuts on the start menu, create a desktop shortcut if selected. Basically what you would expect from your typical installer.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

ViperJohn

Post by ViperJohn » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:02 pm

garyan2 wrote:
ViperJohn wrote:Also channels 7,9,11,13, which I ALWAYS have to manually add in after WMC's channel scan were still listed on WMC's "Add" page but did not show in the "Edit" page along with the other 8 channels that went AWOL.
Yes, the strangeness that is WMC. When this, whatever it is, occurs the tuner channels are flagged and the tunerInfo is cleared. They are still in the database but just not usable. The problem is since they already exist in the database, you can't just "add" them back in. You have to delete the channel entirely to add it again either manually or another scan. That is why the need for "Delete All" and "Scan Again" for the UHF channels, and why you will have to delete your existed user created channels and add them back in as well.
ViperJohn wrote:I am confused about this:
"I have seen this a few times whereas when a station is removed from the download, the channel disappears in the tuner list."
Nothing was removed from the D/L. Once the "Include" line was in the EPG123.cfg file all 12 OTA channels info D/L's perfect from SD.
I suppose a little further description should be warranted. :geek:

Without using the utility, the unique ID for each channel is changed, so when the mxf file is imported it is as if you had removed that channel from the D/L and it would need to be unmatched. The automatch routine would then see the new channel (same channel different ID) and match that one. So each channel is doing an unmatch followed by a match.

Using the utility, it imports an mxf file that contains both the old and the new unique ID for each channel so that they both exist in the database at the same time. Since they are both linked to the same service (station), each is a backup for the other. When we then import an mxf file with only the new ID, the old ID simply disappears leaving the already existing new ID where it needs to be.
Wow this brought everything into focus. Gary with v1.1.4 I think you accidently coded and created a virtual clone of my last and now Ex-Wife. Her primary function in life was to fill mine with as many quicksand traps for me to fall into as possible as well lol. Between "Her" and WMC's added / disappearing channel "Quirks" you wrote about above this whole thing turned into a Lord Have Mercy moment ... Are having fun or what!!!!

Anyway I was able to get it all together and working with or without using the Epg123 Utility. The Utility made it quicker with no need to mess around in WMC at all though.

For the "Without Utility" and now knowing up front the channels I always have to add into WMC were going to cause problems I just deleted them outright before even running v.1.1.4 the first time. After that it was:

(1) EPG123 - Save and Execute --- the 8 remaining WMC channels were unmatched - rematched
(2a) WMC TV Signal / Scan for More Channels --- brought the "new ID" 8 matched channels back into WMC
(2b) WMC Add "new ID" Channels 7,9,11,13 with with desired channel renames (for display in Kodi)
(3) EPG123 - Save and Execute --- the new 4 added WMC channels were unmatched - rematched
(4) Almost Done
(5) Pour 4 fingers of MACALLAN RARE CASK SCOTCH - for Gary
(6) Pour 4 fingers of CAORUNN SCOTTISH GIN - for Troll
(7) Awh .......

Viper

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:12 pm

garyan2 wrote:Speaking of, when I was working on the future system tray component, I recall wishing I had a SVG of the logo to work with. Did you happen to make one and if so could you send it to me?
Sorry, it only ever existed as a bitmap, never a vector. SVG is flexible, but when you get down to the smaller icon sizes, tweaking individual pixels gives better results.
ViperJohn wrote:(5) Pour 4 fingers of MACALLAN RARE CASK SCOTCH - for Gary
(6) Pour 4 fingers of CAORUNN SCOTTISH GIN - for Troll
An excellent choice of libations, taken from the correct side of the pond of course. Cheers!
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1