Feature Request: Sort channel #s numerically (not lexically)

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
12noon

HTPC Specs: Show details

Feature Request: Sort channel #s numerically (not lexically)

Post by 12noon » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:26 pm

It would be very helpful if the channels in the clients' list-view controls were sorted numerically instead of lexically. I don't know about anyone else, but most of my low-number channels are useful and the higher ones are not. Usually, I can go through them quickly with "SPACE ARROW-DOWN SPACE ARROW-DOWN SPACE ARROW-DOWN" but when they're listed as channel 399, 4, 40, 400, 401-409, 41, 410, etc., it breaks that rhythm and forces me to keep checking the list to be sure I'm not disabling a desired channel.

In that same vein, it would save time--for users--if the list-view controls automatically moved to the next channel when the user presses SPACE to toggle a channel's check box. (But not if the user used a mouse click to toggle it, of course.) WMC does this and it's been a surprising time-saver for me. I can understand if you don't want to implement it, but I think it'd help people with a lot of channels.

Thanks for your work! :clap:
USA 60005
WOW Chicago Suburbs - Digital
USA-IL58819-X

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:29 pm

12noon wrote:It would be very helpful if the channels in the clients' list-view controls were sorted numerically instead of lexically. I don't know about anyone else, but most of my low-number channels are useful and the higher ones are not. Usually, I can go through them quickly with "SPACE ARROW-DOWN SPACE ARROW-DOWN SPACE ARROW-DOWN" but when they're listed as channel 399, 4, 40, 400, 401-409, 41, 410, etc., it breaks that rhythm and forces me to keep checking the list to be sure I'm not disabling a desired channel.

In that same vein, it would save time--for users--if the list-view controls automatically moved to the next channel when the user presses SPACE to toggle a channel's check box. (But not if the user used a mouse click to toggle it, of course.) WMC does this and it's been a surprising time-saver for me. I can understand if you don't want to implement it, but I think it'd help people with a lot of channels.

Thanks for your work! :clap:
This is an error I introduced in v1.1.2 ... v1.1.1 sorts properly, and the problem will be corrected in the next version. It's embarrassing, but hey, it's the truth.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

12noon

Post by 12noon » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:29 pm

No problem. That's what I get for upgrading right away. ;)

It might be nice to have a thread dedicated to release notifications (that only you can post to). That way people can subscribe to the thread and receive an e-mail when there's a new release.
USA 60005
WOW Chicago Suburbs - Digital
USA-IL58819-X