5 days of guide data remaining with EPG123

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
spmnemrc

HTPC Specs: Show details

5 days of guide data remaining with EPG123

Post by spmnemrc » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:50 pm

My EPG123 will not update WMC7. My end date is 3/4/17.

The scheduled task runs without error.

The EPG123 is up to date as of 2/28/17.

If I save and Execute in EPG123 is appears to run without a problem. I cannot see any problems in the log.

Please help

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:21 pm

Could you post the latest update log entries from the trace.log file? There might be something in there to identify the problem.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

spmnemrc

Post by spmnemrc » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:30 pm

Sorry Gary. While trying to fix it I blew up the database. I have to do a clean start.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:31 am

The trace.log file is in the same folder as epg123.exe. If you didn't blow that away, the information is still there. If not, that's fine. Let us know how everything goes.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

dkm

Post by dkm » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:16 pm

I had a similar issue when moving from 1.0.2 to 1.1.0. Turns out that I inadvertently disabled the automatic loading of the MXF that EPG123 creates.

After checking the trace.log and the updated documentation for the 1.1.0 release, I noticed that EPG123 would create a new MXF file but wouldn't integrate it into WMC. Turns out that when I deleted and created a new scheduled task, I missed a checkbox in the EPG123 GUI (epg123.exe) to automatically load the MXF file after it was created.

Unless you completely blew away the EPG123 directory to start over again, you could load up EPG123Client.exe, select Manually Load MXF file, select the MXF file that is in the EPG123 directory and see if your guide updates more than 5 days out. If it does, go back into the EPG123 GUI (epg123.exe), delete the scheduled task (bottom left corner of the UI) and ensure that when you create a new scheduled task, you check the box to automatically load the MXF file.

Hope this helps.

PS Gary - I've been using EPG123 since June of last year and it's fantastic. This is the first issue I've had that took me longer than 5 minutes to figure out. It turned out the problem was with something I did, rather than your software. Thanks for the extensive documentation and logging allowing a tinkerer like myself to try to solve things on my own, and being available (still, after all this time) to answer questions and enhance the tool.

embj

Post by embj » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:42 am

dkm wrote:Turns out that when I deleted and created a new scheduled task, I missed a checkbox in the EPG123 GUI (epg123.exe) to automatically load the MXF file after it was created.

Unless you completely blew away the EPG123 directory to start over again, you could load up EPG123Client.exe, select Manually Load MXF file, select the MXF file that is in the EPG123 directory and see if your guide updates more than 5 days out. If it does, go back into the EPG123 GUI (epg123.exe), delete the scheduled task (bottom left corner of the UI) and ensure that when you create a new scheduled task, you check the box to automatically load the MXF file.
Thanks so much, dkm! I noticed my guide data wasn't updating a few weeks back, blew everything away to get new guide data, and just noticed again tonight that it hadn't updated since. I did the manual update as you'd suggested and saw it had updated, so it looks like I'd forgotten to do the same thing with the scheduled task. Just deleted it and recreated it making sure to check the boxes.

I echo the same sentiments, Gary...fantastic app! Just learned of it and started using it about 3 months ago. Really appreciate all the work you've put into this.