Guide Data missing for a few channels?

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
arbeck

HTPC Specs: Show details

Guide Data missing for a few channels?

Post by arbeck » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:12 pm

This weekend, I noticed that my guide data had a whole bunch of channels set up to simulcast on channels 1000+. I updated EPG123 to the new version and used it to remove all of those channels so I only had one copy of each in the guide. I didn't notice at first (until something didn't record), but a few channels now don't have guide data (MyNetworkTV, CW, MTV Classic, Fox Business, and Univision). Is there a way to see if this is a schedules direct issue or if there is a problem with my EPG123 setup?

Embiggens

Post by Embiggens » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:50 pm

Sounds like this may be similar to something I experienced. Check out this exchange where Gary walked me through fixing... does this sound like the same issue?

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 57#p114857

Space

Post by Space » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:41 pm

arbeck wrote:This weekend, I noticed that my guide data had a whole bunch of channels set up to simulcast on channels 1000+. I updated EPG123 to the new version and used it to remove all of those channels so I only had one copy of each in the guide. I didn't notice at first (until something didn't record), but a few channels now don't have guide data (MyNetworkTV, CW, MTV Classic, Fox Business, and Univision). Is there a way to see if this is a schedules direct issue or if there is a problem with my EPG123 setup?
You might want to check with your Cable provider to see why they added those channels, it could be the first step in moving those channels to the 1000 range (and eventually the old location will be removed).

glorp

Post by glorp » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:16 pm

It is if it's Comcast. That's what they are in the process of doing in all their markets for the HD channels.

timaster

Post by timaster » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:02 am

Cox does this too.

Here's the issue. Channels 1-999 are SD, and 1000-1999 are HD. So if Channel 2 is NBC SD, Channel 1002 is NBC HD.

For the most part this works perfectly. But if I sort the channels in EPG123 by channel number, and deselect channels 1-999, then some of my channels from 1000-1999 end up missing.

The reason why, is that for a few channels there is no HD version, or no separate call letters for the 1000+ channels in question.

So, if channel 44 is KXXX, and channel 1044 is also KXXX, then selecting or deselecting either channel number will have the same effect on the other, both will appear or disappear at the same time.

So for now, I have to let automatch work ONCE, and use Guidetool to turn off the channels below 1000.

It would be really great in the case where multiple channel numbers map to the same call letters, you could deselect individual channel numbers independently of the fact that other channel numbers use the same call letters.

Not complaining, but this might explain some perceived "bugs".