V1.1.0 Upgrade Experience

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
rimmel

HTPC Specs: Show details

V1.1.0 Upgrade Experience

Post by rimmel » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:09 am

I just upgraded from V1.0.2 to V1.1.0. The WMC guide seemed to update OK. I received about 30 of the following warnings in one Media Center event log entry:

"The MD5 hash of Program xxxxxxxxxxxxx does not match the expected MD5 provided by the Service Schedule"

I assume this is Schedule Direct problem. I noticed nothing out of the ordinary with the WMC guide after epg123 (V1.1.0) executed.

One question I have regarding the new V1.1.0 epg123 Configuration dialog. I always run epg123 manually (not with a scheduled task) and I always check

Automatically import guide data into WMC
and
Automatically match stations to channels

In v1.0.2 and below these two check boxes once checked remained so on subsequent runs. In V1.1.0 these check boxes unlike all other ones are unchecked on subsequent runs. Was this done on purpose? It is no big deal for me to check these boxes every time I run epg123, but I was curious to know why this changed.

I also assume that once the upgrade to V1.1.0 is complete that the epg123utility.exe and epg123utility.mxf may be deleted. Is this true?

garyan2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by garyan2 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:17 am

rimmel wrote:I just upgraded from V1.0.2 to V1.1.0. The WMC guide seemed to update OK. I received about 30 of the following warnings in one Media Center event log entry:

"The MD5 hash of Program xxxxxxxxxxxxx does not match the expected MD5 provided by the Service Schedule"

I assume this is Schedule Direct problem. I noticed nothing out of the ordinary with the WMC guide after epg123 (V1.1.0) executed.
Correct. I am just reporting the mismatch, but unlike in previous versions, I don't abort the update. SD had given me a fairly good explanation on how this happens and are working on a method to prevent it from happening. There is no cause for concern to the integrity of the data downloaded.
rimmel wrote:One question I have regarding the new V1.1.0 epg123 Configuration dialog. I always run epg123 manually (not with a scheduled task) and I always check

Automatically import guide data into WMC
and
Automatically match stations to channels

In v1.0.2 and below these two check boxes once checked remained so on subsequent runs. In V1.1.0 these check boxes unlike all other ones are unchecked on subsequent runs. Was this done on purpose? It is no big deal for me to check these boxes every time I run epg123, but I was curious to know why this changed.
This was done on purpose. If there is no scheduled task, then both options can be manually selected. If there is a scheduled task, than the task created determines the state of the boxes. I could bring them back... let me think on it. Now that I see how everything works, it might not be a bad idea.
rimmel wrote:I also assume that once the upgrade to V1.1.0 is complete that the epg123utility.exe and epg123utility.mxf may be deleted. Is this true?
Yup. After the upgrade, the files are totally useless.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io