Cannot browse advance guide - OK 2nd attempt

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
IT Troll

HTPC Specs: Show details

Cannot browse advance guide - OK 2nd attempt

Post by IT Troll » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:19 am

This is not strictly an EPG123 problem, but I thought I would post here as this is where the EPG experts live. :wave:

I've experienced this issue in two different systems (Windows 7 and 8) both with MS EPG and EPG123. I hoped EPG123 might fix it but sadly the problem is still there. If I advance through the guide as far as possible the guide will eventually stick and will not advance any further (typically around the 7 day mark). However, if I hit the back button and then go into the guide a second time, I can then advance through the guide past the previous sticking point and continue through until the guide data runs out (up to 14 days).

This is only a minor irritation. But I wondered if others see the same? It is almost as if Media Center doesn't load in the full data set the first time around. My HTPC and Media Center are always on and so perhaps this is a contributor to this behaviour.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

Space

Post by Space » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:35 am

I think what you are describing is a bug in WMC that does not let you advance past a certain point in the guide after a guide update. However when I experience it, exiting and re-entering the guide does not fix it. I need to either exit WMC and restart it (which sometimes does not fix it) or I have to do another guide update (which always fixes it) which returns quickly since the update already occurred (this is using standard WMC update, not EPG123).

As far as I know, this is a WMC bug and there is no fix of which I am aware.

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:17 pm

OK, thanks for confirming. At least I now know this is a known bug in Media Center.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1