Channel Number Changes

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
rimmel

HTPC Specs: Show details

Channel Number Changes

Post by rimmel » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:46 am

Comcast recently moved one of my channels (KXLYDT2) from one number (304) to another (114). I can still access this channel via the old number (304) from the EPG123 guide even though channel 304 no longer exists in the Comcast guide! How is this possible? There is no channel 114 in the current EPG123 guide, but it does exist in the Comcast guide. How does an issue like this get resolved? When I login to Schedule Direct channel 304 appears in the lineup as usual, but there is no channel 114. Is this something Schedule Direct handles? If Schedule Direct does handle this will EPG123 resolve this problem for my guide the next time it runs after Schedule Direct makes the change or must I perform some manual procedure to correct the problem.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:01 am

rimmel wrote:Comcast recently moved one of my channels (KXLYDT2) from one number (304) to another (114). I can still access this channel via the old number (304) from the EPG123 guide even though channel 304 no longer exists in the Comcast guide! How is this possible? There is no channel 114 in the current EPG123 guide, but it does exist in the Comcast guide. How does an issue like this get resolved? When I login to Schedule Direct channel 304 appears in the lineup as usual, but there is no channel 114. Is this something Schedule Direct handles? If Schedule Direct does handle this will EPG123 resolve this problem for my guide the next time it runs after Schedule Direct makes the change or must I perform some manual procedure to correct the problem.
You will have to open a ticket with Schedules Direct to correct the lineup (move the station from 304 to 114). When that is complete then epg123 will show the station on 114.

Now the ultimate question/answer ... if you have automatch selected, once the lineup is corrected then KXLYDT2 will automatically be matched with channel 114 and the channel enabled in the guide without no user interaction. There are caveats, however.

1) If channel 114 does not exist in your "scanned" tuner, then there is nothing to match to. EPG123 does not create channels.
2) If channel 114 was a different channel that you were also downloading guide information for, then there may be some hoops to jump through to get both channels viewing appropriately.

First step, though, is to open the ticket with Schedules Direct. In the short term, you could turn off automatch and manually edit the channel in WMC to use KXLYDT2 listings on channel 114.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

rimmel

Post by rimmel » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:21 am

I followed you suggestion and opened a ticket with Schedule Direct for the Comcast channel number change. Once the change appeared in my SD channel lineup I ran EPG123 with automatch enabled and received the following messages in the trace log:

Matching KXLYDT2 to channel 114
Unmatching KXLYDT2 on channel 304

Channel 114 now works fine and 304 is absent from the guide. All is now as it should be. Thanks for your help!