Can't schedule football series in WMC

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
cjlewis

HTPC Specs: Show details

Can't schedule football series in WMC

Post by cjlewis » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:00 am

I'm not sure if this is an epg123 question or a WMC one but this problem started after I installed and ran epg123.

I'm using WMC in Windows 7 64-bit. I have two Hauppauge USB tuners. I did the clean epg123 install (steps 1 and 2) and am on my free 7 day trial of Schedules Direct. I'm pulling the Denver area OTA schedule and the tuners are connected to an HDTV antenna.

The guide looks great again, the channels all function, and I was able to add back all my series recordings for TV shows. The trouble I'm having is that when I try to recreate the series schedule for "NFL Football" I only get the single recording I created the series with. The guide shows other games but they aren't marked for recording. It's behaving like I created a series not for "NFL Football" but for "NFL Football-Dallas Cowboys at the Pittsburgh Steelers." To test this I saw a couple games with no descriptions yet. When I created the series on one of those items, the other one also was scheduled to be recorded. Trying college football has the same issue as NFL but NASCAR behaves like it should - go figure. I tried changing the series settings from New to Live to New & rerun to no avail. The series setting defaults are "Any channel" and "Anytime."

Has anyone else run into this issue? Any way to fix it?

Thanks,

CJ

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:05 am

Yup, same thing here. This is due to how Gracenote assigns series numbers, and each NFL Football game has been assigned a unique series ID... no common series ID, no series recordings.

The best way to overcome this is to set up your recording using the program title.

[TV]->[recorded TV]->[add recording]->[Wish List or Keyword]->[Program Title] ... type in text box "NFL Football".

IMPORTANT: DO NOT SELECT THE "RECORD ALL SHOWS WITH ...", THIS WILL RECORD ALL SHOWS WITH "NFL" AND ALL SHOWS WITH "FOOTBALL" IN THE TITLE.

Select a specific show (any NFL Football game), change record settings to how you like, and select [Record].

That'll setup a recording of all NFL games for you without them being the same series.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

cjlewis

Post by cjlewis » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:24 am

Thanks, Gary! Worked like a charm.

chunki

Post by chunki » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:07 am

Record by Title works. Thanks!