Tonight's the night I take the leap

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
adam1991

HTPC Specs: Show details

Tonight's the night I take the leap

Post by adam1991 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:03 pm

Absent anything major happening, tonight I start the leap to EPG123. That's the plan.

It seems that Tivo has decided, unilaterally and without cause, to remove a single channel from my lineup. It simply doesn't exist, period. This happened within the last week.

It's the local Fox affiliate. What's interesting is that its subchannel does exist. Go figure.

I manually re-scanned, it found the channel and there's plenty of signal, but there's no guide data.

I redid TV signal completely, and the channel doesn't exist. I manually re-scanned, and there it is again--and again, lots of signal but no guide data.

tvguide.com shows the exact same thing--no channel listing at all for this channel.

I think I'll stir some stuff up today and call the local Fox affiliate, and let them know. I may even find something on fox.com. I can only imagine their reaction when I tell them, "I can't watch your content because Tivo chose not to put your channel in their guide". I wonder what Rovi would do if they got a call from Fox corporate.

STC

Post by STC » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:11 pm

You can perhaps fast-track the fix by letting TiVoMargret @ tivocommunity know margret@tivo.com
I've fixed some stuff my end for my WMC RoVo test rig recently and it took only a few days. Obviously I didn't let up that it was for WMC ;)
Email zip, provider, problem, bosh.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:48 pm

thanks, I will do that.

Someone in the Tivo community forums pointed out that my area now has three OTA lineups, where before it didn't, and that this channel is in two of those three--but not the obvious and "correct" one.

Nevertheless, it's insane that Rovi/Tivo would suddenly invent new lineups, muck around with an existing lineup, and take a channel away during a guide update.

STC

Post by STC » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:54 pm

Still give EPG a try. You'll love the tight data and extras.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:35 pm

Oh, I hear you. Trust me.

jonwz

Post by jonwz » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:40 am

adam1991 wrote:Oh, I hear you. Trust me.
Good luck with the transition. I remember you dissing on replaytv because you thought 7mc was so superior. I now use both (replaytv/WiRNS and 7mc). 7mc has guide problems. EPG123 helps alot. And of course having HD and cablecard is great. But 7mc occasionally defecates on you (we are microsoft, we don't care, we don't have to and we killed 7mc). Replaytv can only do component, but it's never failed to record a show. 7mc occasionally decides that it knows to not record a show despite my wishes.