Future v1.1.0 Release

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Important Information
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: http://epg123.garyan2.net <> Setup guide here: http://epg123.garyan2.net/downloads/epg123_Guide.pdf

Re: Future v1.1.0 Release

Post#81 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:21 pm

garyan2 wrote:
How is the automatch not working for you right now?

I can't select it in the GUI. Seriously, there's the square checkbox, followed by the Automatch text, followed by the fillable mxf path. I can't get the square checkbox to get "checked". What am I missing?

I really like the idea of the client making it easy to schedule repeated late night runs, and showing that the last run completed.
jonwz

Post#82 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:44 pm

jonwz wrote:
garyan2 wrote:

I can't select it in the GUI. Seriously, there's the square checkbox, followed by the Automatch text, followed by the fillable mxf path. I can't get the square checkbox to get "checked". What am I missing?

I really like the idea of the client making it easy to schedule repeated late night runs, and showing that the last run completed.

Do you have an Unlock button with a shield on it? Click that.
garyan2

HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#83 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:44 pm

No unlock button, nothing that looks like a shield. I even tried running epg123client as administrator.

As for why I'm also getting the rovi guide - everytime I reconfigured and said "no" to the guide terms and conditions, epg123 would not populate the guide.

I'll probably build a fresh win7 32bit system this week. I'll try rejecting the rovi guide. if I hit the empty guilde after running epg123, I'll work with you to debug if you'd like.
garyan2 wrote:
jonwz wrote:
garyan2 wrote:

Do you have an Unlock button with a shield on it? Click that.
jonwz

Post#84 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:52 pm

There is a button in the Scheduled Task group that will say 1 of 3 things. I think it's important to note that the checkbox is only for the scheduled task.

'Unlock' : the epg123Client has not been run with elevated privileges; automatch checkbox not available
'Delete' : the epg123Client has been run with elevated privileges and a scheduled task exists; automatch checkbox reflects the task's automatch selection and is not changeable
'Create' : the epg123Client has been run with elevated privileges and a scheduled task do not exist; the checkbox is changeable until you create the task

If you look below the Scheduled Task group, you will see Automatch followed by 2 flat buttons; [# Number] and [Call Sign]. These 2 buttons are to perform an automatch immediately within the GUI and not part of the Scheduled Task.

automatch.PNG
automatch.PNG (8.8 KiB) Viewed 199 times

automatch2.PNG
automatch2.PNG (6.82 KiB) Viewed 199 times

automatch3.PNG
automatch3.PNG (8.71 KiB) Viewed 199 times

I certainly encourage a clean start, but you could select any channel on the left side, press [Ctrl]+[A] to select all, right-click and select unsubscribe, then use the [# Number] automatch button. Your guide will be free of Rovi and all channels will be matched by channel number. Now since Rovi is still in there, some things will not look/work properly, but the Guide will be what you would expect with good data.
garyan2

- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#85 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:42 pm

OK, I see the key as "delete" since I already scheduled a task. Works differently than the line-mode command. If I understand, you can now do an automatch by channel number or call sign without a separate import?

On my system, the " # number" and "call sign" areas didn't look selectable until I hovered over with the pointer. You might consider making them appear like the other buttons such as "manual import".

garyan2 wrote:There is a button in the Scheduled Task group that will say 1 of 3 things. I think it's important to note that the checkbox is only for the scheduled task.

'Unlock' : the epg123Client has not been run with elevated privileges; automatch checkbox not available
'Delete' : the epg123Client has been run with elevated privileges and a scheduled task exists; automatch checkbox reflects the task's automatch selection and is not changeable
'Create' : the epg123Client has been run with elevated privileges and a scheduled task do not exist; the checkbox is changeable until you create the task

If you look below the Scheduled Task group, you will see Automatch followed by 2 flat buttons; [# Number] and [Call Sign]. These 2 buttons are to perform an automatch immediately within the GUI and not part of the Scheduled Task.

automatch.PNG

automatch2.PNG

automatch3.PNG

I certainly encourage a clean start, but you could select any channel on the left side, press [Ctrl]+[A] to select all, right-click and select unsubscribe, then use the [# Number] automatch button. Your guide will be free of Rovi and all channels will be matched by channel number. Now since Rovi is still in there, some things will not look/work properly, but the Guide will be what you would expect with good data.
jonwz

Post#86 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:34 pm

So how's this going?

Back last spring I was willing to beta because at that time we were using Uverse but now that my HTPC is our only daily driver for CATV thanks to epg123, I'm hesitant to jump on board until it is know to not only work but offer an improvement over what we now have which is very stable; such that I only check the trace.log every couple of days to confirm it is still working..
Sammy2

Post#87 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:07 am

Sammy2 wrote:So how's this going?

Back last spring I was willing to beta because at that time we were using Uverse but now that my HTPC is our only daily driver for CATV thanks to epg123, I'm hesitant to jump on board until it is know to not only work but offer an improvement over what we now have which is very stable; such that I only check the trace.log every couple of days to confirm it is still working..

It's going much slower than I would like, but still working on it. There have been a few requests that I still need to research, some aren't going to pan out. The biggest thing about this change is I have to make sure everything is clear as to what is different, why it is better, and exactly what the user needs to do to make it perfect. Of course, I am also building it so that if someone just wants to drop the executables on their drive and walk away, it will still work exactly as the older version.

Detailing all that, and bringing the documentation up to speed, is going to be time consuming which I have little of right now... but still find time each day to play around with it. ;)
garyan2

- Gary

Post#88 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:03 pm

Thanks for the update, Gary..

Keep us posted on when it is ready for prime time.

Thanks for all your hard work on this project.
Sammy2

Previous

Return to EPG123