Guide completely wrong for Pac-12 Networks Oregon

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
ppilot

HTPC Specs: Show details

Guide completely wrong for Pac-12 Networks Oregon

Post by ppilot » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:34 am

So I've been noticed in the days since I switched over to EPG that Pac-12 Networks is completely off. At the same time, my guide with the HDHR DVR service is correct so I am not sure where guide information is being pulled from. Any ideas on how to fix this?

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:13 am

Sounds like the station Schedules Direct has in your lineup is incorrect. I'd suggest submitting a ticket to Schedules Direct identifying the channel/station that is incorrect.

Note: before submitting a ticket, verify that zap2it.com is wrong as well. If zap2it is correct, then there may be something we need to do with epg123 to get the proper listings showing.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

rkulagow

Post by rkulagow » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:38 am

The Zap2It site and the data that is available through Schedules Direct has a common origin, but does not proceed in lockstep.

As gary said, opening a ticket at the Schedules Direct website is the best way to get this fixed.

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:42 am

ppilot wrote:So I've been noticed in the days since I switched over to EPG that Pac-12 Networks is completely off. At the same time, my guide with the HDHR DVR service is correct so I am not sure where guide information is being pulled from. Any ideas on how to fix this?
You may be experiencing what I did, which in my case was that Comcast dropped (or moved to a different tier) the local Pac-12 offering and replaced it with Pac-12 Networks (the national feed). I found that zap2it also was still showing the wrong listings. In my case Pac-12 Mountain was replaced with Pac12 Networks but the listings were still for Pac-12 Mountain which was no longer what Comcast was providing on that channel. I filed a ticket with Schedules Direct and it was fixed in 2 or 3 days.

ppilot

Post by ppilot » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:18 pm

After looking at the channel listing in the Comcast streaming App, it does looks like the issues are due to Comcast switching out Pac-12 Networks Oregon for the national channel. Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. I submitted a request to Schedules Direct and they starting the change process almost immediately.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:02 am

After SD gets the station corrected, you might need to follow this to get the guide listings corrected.
- Gary

ppilot

Post by ppilot » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:00 am

How long does it take for SD to update listings? Been checking online and haven't any update to the guide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:28 am

Keep an eye on the Zap2it listings, when they are right, it will probably take a couple of days to flow down to the SD servers.

ppilot

Post by ppilot » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:59 am

stuartm wrote:Keep an eye on the Zap2it listings, when they are right, it will probably take a couple of days to flow down to the SD servers.
Zap2it has been correct for a while as my
Silicon Dust HD DVR guide had all the correct information, So I wasn't sure what the time frame normally was.

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:25 am

AIUI Silicon Dust does not use the TMS (Zap2it) guide data they use a different guide data provider.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:23 am

In situations like this, WMC tends to not update the listings (copy over old station with new station). You can try the method described here http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 72#p111572. This should work.
- Gary

rkulagow

Post by rkulagow » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:03 am

ppilot wrote:
stuartm wrote:Keep an eye on the Zap2it listings, when they are right, it will probably take a couple of days to flow down to the SD servers.
Zap2it has been correct for a while as my
Silicon Dust HD DVR guide had all the correct information, So I wasn't sure what the time frame normally was.

ppilot, send me a private message with your Schedules Direct ticket number so that I can see what's happening.

ppilot

Post by ppilot » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:00 am

It's all working now as it just needed another day to go through apparently. Thanks for all the help!

rkulagow

Post by rkulagow » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:32 pm

Always err on the side of letting us [Schedules Direct] know that something is wrong. That's how to ensure that we hold Gracenote's feet to the fire if the data that we have access to isn't correct, or doesn't match what's on Zap2It.com