Adding the downloaded logos to the guide?

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
ppilot

HTPC Specs: Show details

Adding the downloaded logos to the guide?

Post by ppilot » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:32 am

So I downloaded all the logos, but they aren't populating in WMC. Is there something else I have to do in order for them to show up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:56 pm

The logos are downloaded to [epg123]\sdlogos ... if you want them in the guide, you need to move the logos to [epg123]\logos folder (create folder or just rename sdlogos). Rerun epg123 with the include logos selection and they will be a part of the guide.

Note: not all logos will look very good in WMC. They weren't made for it.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

DSperber

Post by DSperber » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:44 pm

As has been referenced to a number of times, for really really nice looking channel logos the best bet is really to use the XL/HD logos provided by MyChannelLogos product.

The logos look large, colorful, beautiful, and perfect. The product also offers customization for Guide appearance (i.e. number of rows in main Guide from 7 to 12, number of rows in mini-Guide from 2-4, columns showing either 2-hours or 3-hours, and adjustable-width column on the left for channel number, channel ID, and channel logo (each of which can be either present or absent).

Just my 2-cents.

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:05 pm

That is all true about MCL XL and I also recommend it. The only disappointing thing is that they don't seem very good at adding or updating logos; especially so for the UK. I think I have now made custom ones for all the channels I use. I tried to be helpful and uploaded them a couple of times, but they never appeared within the downloaded set, so I stopped bothering.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:43 am

Yeah, They are not good about updating the Logo set in the US either. I too just roll my own for the missing ones for the channels I watch.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:44 am

Make my own here as well. That's why I included the option to download from SD ... you'd have something to work with and modify to create your own easily. Some of them you just need to change the canvas size, resize, and you're done. The logos from SD are actually high quality, it's just they're 4:3 and colors don't have high enough contrast to the WMC scheme.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

ppilot

Post by ppilot » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:48 am

Would there be any interest in having a WMC formatted logo archive?

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:37 am

garyan2 wrote:Make my own here as well. That's why I included the option to download from SD ... you'd have something to work with and modify to create your own easily. Some of them you just need to change the canvas size, resize, and you're done. The logos from SD are actually high quality, it's just they're 4:3 and colors don't have high enough contrast to the WMC scheme.
Yep, appreciate that as I used some of those as the basis for making my missing ones, takes me a little while sometimes as my GIMP skills are not too strong :-)

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:41 pm

ppilot wrote:Would there be any interest in having a WMC formatted logo archive?
I think it's a good idea, the problem is the logistics, who would supervise it? who would host the website? etc.

ppilot

Post by ppilot » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:31 pm

stuartm wrote:
ppilot wrote:Would there be any interest in having a WMC formatted logo archive?
I think it's a good idea, the problem is the logistics, who would supervise it? who would host the website? etc.
Maybe this is me being naive but would setting up an album on imgur with direct link access work? It would searchable and easy to downlod, correct? That or Google drive?