EPG123 zap2it support

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
rmeden

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by rmeden » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:01 am

garyan2 wrote:Don't worry ... I don't get any kickbacks. I even had to pay $25 to renew my membership this week. :shock:
You did what Gary?? All approved projects get a number of coupon codes for their project and a monthly email that lists them as a reminder. You even have an unused code. Let me know if you need a refund.

As far as kickbacks, we can't do that because all apps must be non-commercial.

We (SD) do try and provide support for approved projects. So while we can't pay for time, we have in the past provided test hardware and sponsored booths at Open Source conventions and stuff. We probably should do a better job reminding app devs of this, but we do try.

The current number of SD accounts with EPG123 checked is 530 ( this also should be in your monthly email!)
Robert

glorp

Post by glorp » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:35 am

rmeden wrote:The current number of SD accounts with EPG123 checked is 530 ( this also should be in your monthly email!)
Robert
There are more than that though. It wasn't even an option to check when I created my account back in the very early days of EPG123, and I've never changed my original selection.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:46 am

rmeden wrote:You did what Gary?? All approved projects get a number of coupon codes for their project and a monthly email that lists them as a reminder. You even have an unused code. Let me know if you need a refund.
The unused code was given out quite a while ago, but the person it went to has yet to redeem it. That person is still active here, even! :wave: YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, [redacted] :wave:
rmeden wrote:As far as kickbacks, we can't do that because all apps must be non-commercial.
Knew that going in as an approved app. I don't expect anything, or even want anything ... just happy to serve.
rmeden wrote:The current number of SD accounts with EPG123 checked is 530 ( this also should be in your monthly email!)
Wow, didn't know the number went up that high. There's been a lot of activity this month and I won't see those numbers for a few more days.

Here are the numbers I had at the beginning of the month.
Active SD users : 356 (+64) (as reported by users' profile)
Fetch-14 users : 327 (+52) (data downloaded within 14 days)

So we went from 356 to 530 with most probably being new members to click epg123 in their profile. Even if they're all trial memberships, that's pretty impressive.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:03 am

rmeden wrote:Let me know if you need a refund.
Robert, I noticed you kicked me a refund. Wasn't necessary, but I appreciate it nonetheless. :thumbup:
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

STC

Post by STC » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:01 pm

I really hope anyone choosing to use EPG123 throws Gary a bone.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

Embiggens

Post by Embiggens » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:30 pm

STC wrote:I really hope anyone choosing to use EPG123 throws Gary a bone.
If you look at it objectively, instead of from the perspective of a WMC user, where Microsoft handled the guide data fees, it is the right choice (if you are in financial position to do so) to give some bones to Gary.

rmeden

Post by rmeden » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:33 pm

garyan2 wrote:
rmeden wrote:Let me know if you need a refund.
Robert, I noticed you kicked me a refund. Wasn't necessary, but I appreciate it nonetheless. :thumbup:

Any time dude (even though I can't use your code on my Vista media center!)... if you need more codes or anything else let me know.. based on membership numbers you'll be getting more the next round.

(BTW, the problem isn't your code, I don't think the importer works on Vista.. I could never get it to work)

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:13 pm

Do you get a subscription breakdown by country? I'd be interested to hear how many there are in the UK.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

rmeden

Post by rmeden » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:18 pm

IT Troll wrote:Do you get a subscription breakdown by country? I'd be interested to hear how many there are in the UK.
I don't have a breakdown by application by country.