EPG123 not working

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
jbamford92

HTPC Specs: Show details

EPG123 not working

Post by jbamford92 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:50 am

Hi. I followed the guide for EPG123 but doesn't seem to work I keep getting guide listings cannot be downloaded at this time. Would anyone have any ideas? I am using Freesat with the DVBSkyS952 everything works except the listings.

Thanks.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:26 pm

Where is this error occurring? It is not a message from epg123, so is it coming from WMC?

The relationship between epg123 and WMC is one-way ... epg123 imports the data in the WMC database, but WMC is not aware of epg123. In other words, WMC cannot direct a guide update from epg123.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:43 pm

That does sound like an error from within Media Center - when you attempt an on demand download. I suggest you take another look at the setup guide.

I think UK satellite setup is a bit tricky (even when EPG123 is not a factor), due to the need to run multiple scans. It would be great if a Freesat user could provide a step-by-step guide for inclusion in your guide.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

jbamford92

Post by jbamford92 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:34 pm

garyan2 wrote:Where is this error occurring? It is not a message from epg123, so is it coming from WMC?

The relationship between epg123 and WMC is one-way ... epg123 imports the data in the WMC database, but WMC is not aware of epg123. In other words, WMC cannot direct a guide update from epg123.
Hi managed to get it working after some tinkering. But the problem I'm facing is the channel names and frequencies. Turns out that channels are not named correctly wrong channel number and wrong channel frequency not sure what the problem is.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:03 am

IT Troll wrote:I think UK satellite setup is a bit tricky (even when EPG123 is not a factor), due to the need to run multiple scans. It would be great if a Freesat user could provide a step-by-step guide for inclusion in your guide.
I totally agree... most tuners are very similar in setup but when you get to the satellite tuners, and possibly DVBLink, I have no clue what or how anything happens. I would love to find out without having to buy even more hardware to do my own testing.
- Gary

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:09 am

jbamford92 wrote:
garyan2 wrote:Where is this error occurring? It is not a message from epg123, so is it coming from WMC?

Hi managed to get it working after some tinkering. But the problem I'm facing is the channel names and frequencies. Turns out that channels are not named correctly wrong channel number and wrong channel frequency not sure what the problem is.
I gotta admit, I'm a little confused now. If the lineup you selected from Schedules Direct is not the same one you receive, then the automatch feature in epg123 should be disabled. With the automatch disabled, you are the one in control of matching the tuner channel with the station and listings.

Epg123 does not add/create tuner channels so I have no control over the transponder frequencies assigned to channels ... there is a large gap in my knowledge in the proper setup of WMC in this case.
- Gary

jbamford92

Post by jbamford92 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:45 am

garyan2 wrote:
jbamford92 wrote:

I gotta admit, I'm a little confused now. If the lineup you selected from Schedules Direct is not the same one you receive, then the automatch feature in epg123 should be disabled. With the automatch disabled, you are the one in control of matching the tuner channel with the station and listings.

Epg123 does not add/create tuner channels so I have no control over the transponder frequencies assigned to channels ... there is a large gap in my knowledge in the proper setup of WMC in this case.
I shall try with the Automatch feature disabled. Sorry about this I do not know much about EPG123 so I may come across a bit dumb. I have noticed that the Frequencies are different in EPG123 than in WMC I think that's the problem.