Only UK shows no episode or season number

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
mallinder

HTPC Specs: Show details

Only UK shows no episode or season number

Post by mallinder » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:48 am

Nearly all the shows have a episode number and season number excpet for a lot of soaps (emmerdale, coronation street, hollyoaks) and live shows like the wright show (channel 5). It just gives a # and then some numbers. This is how it is in the epg guide (using schedule direct) and the sky and freesat lineup. All the other shows show season and episode number.

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:05 am

That is correct. Shows without a recognised season just get a production number.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

mallinder

Post by mallinder » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:09 am

Thank you for the reply but is there no way to get that the season / episode number from schedule direct ? or for mcebuddy to use this information when converting to get the correct information ?

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:35 am

I don't think true season/episode numbers exist for these type of ongoing shows. So they just get an incremental production number (think of this as an episode number without a season).

Databases like thetvdb.com create an artificial season for each year but I don't believe this is official. IMDB and Wiki don't list seasons.

However if you find a show which should definitely have a season and doesn't you can open a support call with Schedules Direct.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

mallinder

Post by mallinder » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:39 am

Thats a shame hoping I could find a workaround, using the original epg data that microsoft used to supply it would sometimes get the season and episode number. Quick quesion do the production numbers go in sequence ? at least that way emby will put them in order (hopefully)

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:51 am

Yes the production number is incremental.

I always found the season and episode numbers to be fairly useless with the MS data. It was wrong more times than it was right. It was not uncommon to get the same episode number three weeks in a row. I am hoping this will be much better with the SD data.

mallinder

Post by mallinder » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:57 am

I found the the old data to be hit and miss, mostly if there was two parts in the same night for example emmerdale. And it labeled them exactly the same. Tried to add original air date or recorded date to make them stand out, but even this caused problems. Do you use mcebuddy or emby ? If so any advise ? or do you just use standard wmc

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:34 am

Just standard WMC really, but with the Recorded TV HD add-on for better presentation of recordings and other media files.

In the past I used Remote Potato for remote/mobile access but I haven't bothered with that on my current build.