There are no channels in the guide

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
CCH

HTPC Specs: Show details

There are no channels in the guide

Post by CCH » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:18 pm

I followed all the directions in the guide but when I opened WMC after the epg123 update and clicked on the guide I got "There are no Channels in guide" then a choice of edit or cancel. If I edit then I see a whole list of channels with empty boxes. Should I do an auto scan then try with EPG123 again or what?. Also does it make a difference where I store the folder that holds the EPG123 programs. Can I move it after I run it or if I move it yo a new location do I have to run it again? Does WMC have to use it every time it updates the guide? If so where does it find it?

glugglug

Post by glugglug » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:14 pm

What kind of tuner? Most ClearQAM won't get matched up automatically (yet) from the cable lineup but some might get matched if you pick the local OTA lineup.

Also, you can manually select the channels and choose listings for them which would have been imported from epg123 and enable them.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:45 am

CCH wrote:I followed all the directions in the guide but when I opened WMC after the epg123 update and clicked on the guide I got "There are no Channels in guide" then a choice of edit or cancel. If I edit then I see a whole list of channels with empty boxes. Should I do an auto scan then try with EPG123 again or what?. Also does it make a difference where I store the folder that holds the EPG123 programs. Can I move it after I run it or if I move it yo a new location do I have to run it again? Does WMC have to use it every time it updates the guide? If so where does it find it?
No need for autoscan since all the channels are already there. I think the question is, did you select any stations in epg123 to download? and did you select the option to auto import and auto match? Once you have verified those few things, then we can start to troubleshoot.

Also, some important information would be what OS are you running? and if Win10 what version of WMC?
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

webminster

Post by webminster » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:54 pm

CCH wrote:Also does it make a difference where I store the folder that holds the EPG123 programs. Can I move it after I run it or if I move it yo a new location do I have to run it again? Does WMC have to use it every time it updates the guide? If so where does it find it?
To answer those.... no, it doesn't matter where the base epg123 folder is located, just some place with some available space for it and the cache and .mxf file it will generate (a few GB should be OK). It can be moved after installation - but you will probably need to recreate the scheduled task to run it, if you use that, by disabling and re-enabling using the epg123 GUI (to make sure the proper path is recreated). Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to run epg123 manually after you move it just to feel good that all is fine.

It runs outside of WMC and imports data into WMC.
-Alan

jusbo20

Post by jusbo20 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:55 am

I have just started this process this evening followed the directions on the fresh DB recommended process....(did that make sense :lol: )
Went to restart WMC and go to guide and get the box bottom right corner stating ["No Channels" No channels are available in the Guide. Select Setup to reconfigure the Guide. If the problem persists, contact your hardware manufacturer.] {SET UP} {CANCEL}
SO heres what I have in hopes it helps you help me:
Win 7
epg123 v1.0.1
The following is checked: Allow NEW flag, Use tmdbs for missing movie art, Auto Import and AutoMatch
I have all of my OTA stations checked in Line up 1 no other lineups
I am using the HDHOMERUN CONNECT ATSC tuner.

Looked at the log and everything went swimmingly. Am I missing something? Any help is much appreciated!

jusbo20

Post by jusbo20 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:51 am

just tried a straight up normal config and WMC was stating that there was a serious error. Me thinks something is broken in WMC. Lemme do a clean install (after uninstalling and reinstalling WMC) of windows. I'll get back

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:32 am

jusbo20 wrote:... the box bottom right corner stating ["No Channels" No channels are available in the Guide. Select Setup to reconfigure the Guide. If the problem persists, contact your hardware manufacturer.] {SET UP} {CANCEL}
I have only seen this error when the tuners have not been scanned or no channels were found during the scan. If you did step 2 to completion, and everything looked normal during the scan, I think the uninstall/reinstall of WMC would be a good idea.
jusbo20 wrote:Looked at the log and everything went swimmingly. Am I missing something? Any help is much appreciated!
If you still have the file, could you post the log entries during that initial run? Just curious.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

jusbo20

Post by jusbo20 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:49 am

It turned out to be my WMC, not your wonderful program. I did a format, got the tuner software installed used the same instance of epg123 I used when I was getting errors before. Since this was a fresh install of not only Windows 7 but WMC I just had to setup WMC according to your directions and BLAMMO! All my channels had listings. I wish I could have said the same for MyChannelLogos.....doesn't even have MeTV or Antenna TV logos and I had to populate them all manually. Sorry got off topic...
In short false alarm it was my install not your program, however I do thank you very much for responding to the post! Keep up the great work!