WMC guide not retaining listings

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
dojo

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC guide not retaining listings

Post by dojo » Tue May 15, 2018 6:57 pm

My Windows Media Center guide will not hole the shows, Each day i have to go to EPG123 and reload it, the next day the listing is gone, started about a week ago.......

any ideas what is causing this?

thanks

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:15 am

Please post the contents of your trace.log file for the last 1 or 2 updates.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

dojo

Post by dojo » Thu May 17, 2018 4:57 pm

Gary thanks for responding, sorry it took me a while to reply, I wanted to see if it would correct itself,

I am sorry for being stupid I do not know how to show the contents of the trace.log file, for the last 1 or 2 updates....

2 days ago I reloaded my EPG 123 guide and this time it stuck it is working like the old days, I have no idea why for a week it would not hold the updated when I clicked save and execute after I signed in.

If you can show me how to get contents of trace . log file what will that show me?

Old John

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri May 18, 2018 3:36 am

Interesting. When you clicked 'Save & Execute', did another prompt appear asking if you wanted to change the number of downloaded channels from X to Y? and did you respond with 'Yes' ?
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

dojo

Post by dojo » Fri May 18, 2018 11:45 pm

No Sir

I just did what i have done for 2 years,,,,,,,it the save and execute, and now it works, BUT for about a week it would not load, each night i went to the guide, nothing was there, and a few nights i lost my few channels i have

its working now and i am happy, sorry to bother you,,,,,,,

I got a new computer last March and i can not get media center to load on it, ((went wireless)) when i got it there it really messed up the computer, screen got large and had a hard time getting ride of it, had to get HP & Microsoft to restore to the day i purchased it, old compute is ok but i took all the cables off, so right now i use it as a tv guide

again thanks for the help