Rovi's EPG won't stay working OTA channels ONLY

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
windham9

HTPC Specs: Show details

Rovi's EPG won't stay working OTA channels ONLY

Post by windham9 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:34 pm

My windows 7 HTPC's keep having the same issue of failing to get OTA data only. I'll reset them running objectrecovery in task manager library. That fixes OTA for at least 12 days. But every time the OTA wont keep working, the non-OTA's are fine.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:04 pm

windham9 wrote:My windows 7 HTPC's keep having the same issue of failing to get OTA data only. I'll reset them running objectrecovery in task manager library. That fixes OTA for at least 12 days. But every time the OTA wont keep working, the non-OTA's are fine.
What do you mean but "won't keep working"?

Have you taken a look at epg123?

windham9

Post by windham9 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:05 pm

Sammy2 wrote:
windham9 wrote:My windows 7 HTPC's keep having the same issue of failing to get OTA data only. I'll reset them running objectrecovery in task manager library. That fixes OTA for at least 12 days. But every time the OTA wont keep working, the non-OTA's are fine.
What do you mean but "won't keep working"?
?
Fails to continue acquiring guide data for OTA channels. Other channels update, but the OTA's quit.

dkrom

Post by dkrom » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:58 pm

That's odd - I'd do one of two things

1. Reset the entire Media Center by running the mediacenterrecovery task. This will wipe out EVERYTHING - all scheduled recording, setup, etc.
2. Setup Objectstorerecovery task to run as a task every other day or so at a time that you won't need the guide.

#2 is the easier of the two, but doesn't really fix the problem. Of course, #1 may not fix it either and you'll have to setup everything all over again.

I'd probably make a mirror image of my hard drive and try #1 - if that didn't work I'd recover the drive and just do #2. If you don't know how to make an exact copy of your hdd, then just try #2.