Saturday 9/26 College Game Day

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
Bee_Dee_3_Dee

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Bee_Dee_3_Dee » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:44 am

mldenison wrote:I meant task scheduler. I delete all but the latest folders with no problems noted.
cool.

stokd

Post by stokd » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:14 pm

Hi - having same issues with TBA on all games I want to scroll through on guide. I have a custom channel lineup - will running the ObjectStoreRecoveryTask result in me losing that? Thanks.

Bee_Dee_3_Dee

Post by Bee_Dee_3_Dee » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:23 pm

stokd wrote:Hi - having same issues with TBA on all games I want to scroll through on guide. I have a custom channel lineup - will running the ObjectStoreRecoveryTask result in me losing that? Thanks.
custom? as in what?

i've had no problem with Favorites in my Guide or anything else. Remember to run ObjectstoreRecoveryTask for at least 4 minuets. And if u look at ur guide; before the ObjectstoreRecoveryTask is fully completed, u will see no shows listed. But after it is completed all will be fine again. and when opening it after ObjectstoreRecoveryTask is fully completed there will be a "Warning Will Robinson there was a such and such...". So don't freak, because if u read the entirety of the warning u'll see it describes [that a a recovery or whatever was done, too].

wait, i had an SS of the warning:
"WMC has corrected a problem w/ ur recording data and will download the Guide again. u should review ur recordings to verify they are still scheduled corrected"

it has worked successfully for at least five weeks now for me.

GL :)

bigjohns97

Post by bigjohns97 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:12 pm

This is getting old having to do this every saturday

mldenison

Post by mldenison » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:27 pm

Beware. I just ran ObjectStoreRecoveryTask on my HTPC. I no longer have any guide listings. I also tried in on another PC with WMC. No guide listings on it either. The WMC icon in the task bar is stuck on 'Update Data Now'.

I'm guessing the MS servers are down, hopefully only temporary. No Live TV is possible at the moment.

I'm getting really annoyed with the continual problems.

mldenison

Post by mldenison » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:59 pm

Luckily, I had a system restore point from yesterday which fixed the issue. WMC is running again with the un-updated guide.

Ylinen

Post by Ylinen » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:51 pm

CFC wrote:
stuartm wrote:Some questions:
Does this need to be done repeatedly. i.e. each week to get the updated game info. or will doing it once ensure future weeks will fill in properly? Also, does the ObjectStoreRecoveryTask have other side-effects like messing up existing scheduled recordings? Finally, This wasn't necessary before with pre-Rovi data. has anyone filed a problem report on the Microsoft connect site about this problem? Thanks for any answers.
So far yes, I've had to do it routinely to get a truly updated guide.
It can affect recordings, depending on how you've set them up - new/repeat, strict time, channel etc... You also lose playback history, meaning if you were in the middle of a movie, it won't resume, it'll reset back to the beginning.
This is probably the most frustrating problem I've had with this update. The guide doesn't pull new information that obviously is available, since the "ObjectStoreRecoveryTask" does that for us.
It's the reason why we get generic description on talk shows, and keep getting "Teams To Be Announced" on games.
I hope it's been reported, don't know.

CFC
It is sad that Microsoft has not done anything on this. Of course, I am sure they don't care about fixing this problem now. Guess JRiver is looking better. Wish their Kickstarter would get funded so we have a REAL alternative to WMC.

bigjohns97

Post by bigjohns97 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:15 pm

Looks like they just shut down the one everyone was pointing to with the hosts file, clear out your hosts file and the guide should download again.

Ylinen

Post by Ylinen » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:49 pm

So what changed. This week for the conference championships all the teams were listed. I didn't change anything on my machine. Did they do descriptions right this week?

Bee_Dee_3_Dee

Post by Bee_Dee_3_Dee » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:21 pm

Ylinen wrote:So what changed. This week for the conference championships all the teams were listed. I didn't change anything on my machine. Did they do descriptions right this week?
i told them that i was very upset with them.lol ;)

no, i noticed the 12:00 ESPN game still said TBA on Saturday morning (Dec. 5th) so i ran "ObjectStoreRecoveryTask" after 1st making a full backup.

but crap! i missed setting the Stop Recording time to, plus 2 hours, on a game that ended great. and the recording stopped with 3 minuets left in the game. :(

oh well, i immediately thought of all the great college football game endings this year (i'm a 'Cane!!!! :D ) and that Green Bay Rogers to Rogers pass too; and it cheered me right up. :D

c ya next year GL ;)

tigrao

Post by tigrao » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:29 pm

I am hopeful that this problem has now been fixed. I noticed that in my guide the NFL Playoffs Divisional Round games were all showing up as Teams to be announced because we didn't know the teams yet. As of this morning it shows the correct teams playing during the correct times on the correct TV channels. Is anyone else seeing the same results? I did not run the ObjectstoreRecoveryTask at all.

tigrao

Post by tigrao » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:06 pm

Never mind... one of the ESPN College Basketball games today says Teams to Be Announced. On the MSN listings site the information is correct, though. This problem is definitely not fixed. I don't understand why the NFL Playoff games are being updated with the correct information, but other things are not.

William_Cannon

Post by William_Cannon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:48 pm

Just curious if anyone found a fix. The Teams TBA issue is maddening...:(

Tapa

mldenison

Post by mldenison » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:03 pm

Not an issue if you are running EPG123.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewforum.php?f=99

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:05 pm

William_Cannon wrote:Just curious if anyone found a fix. The Teams TBA issue is maddening...:(

Tapa
This has been a problem ever since the switch to Rovi data last year. I finally had enough and switched to EPG123 which properly
updates TBA games to what teams are playing.