Guide data and two country Locations.

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
Fleadh

HTPC Specs: Show details

Guide data and two country Locations.

Post by Fleadh » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:36 pm

First post in this forum, Thanks Guys from bring TGB back from the technicolour awfulness.

Right,

So I have two sat dishes connected through a diseqc switch.

One points to 28e astra for UK FTA channels and the other points to 13e to hotbird for the Polish FTA channels.

This all works very well except fro teh guide data.

When I select Ireland or UK I can get the guide data for all the UK channels but even using guidetool cant associate the polish channels.

When I select Poland I have the opposite problem, No sources for the UK channels.

Any ideas on how to get guide data for both natively to WMC or am I gonna have to go Big screen epg or tvsource etc (WAF budget blown so this is not a route I want to explore)

STC

Post by STC » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:14 pm

Glad you could make it!

Peter Near has a tested hack for sharing data between US and Canadian providers, that may be of help:

http://experts.windows.com/w/experts_wi ... enter.aspx
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:36 am

Hi!
Another familiar name :)

I have one possible solution (I think) - assuming you're happy to spend a bit of time tweaking things!

It involves setting up Media Center for one of the locations with both satellites as you already have it, then using loadmxf.exe to load in the second country's guide data.

If MS provide guide data for the second location then you can use mc2xml.exe to download it from the MS servers and then turn it into an xml file, then you can try xmltv2mxf to turn it back into a mxf file, before using loadmxf.exe to get it into Media Center (there's no other way that I know of getting the MS data).

If there is no MS data available for country 2 then assuming you can get a .xml file for the listings, you can use the xmltv2mxf and loadmxf to get them in hopefully.

There is a paid version of mc2xml which allows you to download the latest (Win7) guide data, whereas the free version gives you XP/Vista (pre TVPack) guide data.

http://mc2xml.yourfreehosting.net/

http://code.google.com/p/xmltv2mxf/updates/list

I've never tried xml2mxf as I use BSEPG but it's worth a try I guess.
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

Fleadh

Post by Fleadh » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:50 am

Ill give peters version a try and if thats no joy holidayboys version.

Thanks a million and viva le reveloution

tony_park

Post by tony_park » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:13 pm

Hi,

there is another alternative, which is to use Big Screen EPG, to import XML listings for each country, then map to the channels in media center to the required epg info as provided by BSEPG.

HTH
Tony

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:01 pm

Hi Tony, glad you made it!

The OP was ideally looking to see if he can get both sets of listings in without spending any money :)

I too think that BSEPG is the best way to go - you get so much more control over everything (including setting the HD flag on HD channels!)
Rob.

StumpyBloke

Post by StumpyBloke » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:56 pm

tony_park wrote:Hi,

there is another alternative, which is to use Big Screen EPG, to import XML listings for each country, then map to the channels in media center to the required epg info as provided by BSEPG.

HTH
Tony
Temp thread hijack... I recognise that name... Hi Tony!!! How's tricks? Nice to see you here! :)
Rich

STC

Post by STC » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:05 am

StumpyBloke wrote:
tony_park wrote:Hi,

HTH
Tony
Temp thread hijack... I recognise that name... Hi Tony!!! How's tricks? Nice to see you here! :)
There appears to be a large grin on my face :D

Fleadh

Post by Fleadh » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:47 am

Goddammit, Windows died on My HTPC and the wife went mental so had to do an Uber quick full rebuild again ( I do image the pc but not since I put in the SSD recently as I hadnt the image as I wanted it, ie, I suck at backing up)

Anyways, Im not allowed make any more changes to the machine as I now have to approach the IMF and seek a bailout for my bankrupt WAF.

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:36 pm

Bummer!

Any chance of setting up a second copy of win7 on a second hdd / partition and sneaking down in the early hours to tweak it (when no recordings are due on the main build)?!?!

That way you can get the new build running how you want, set up all scheduled recordings etc and then set that build as the default OS once it's 100% stable.

Sneaky ;)
Rob.

Fleadh

Post by Fleadh » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:20 pm

well considering that according to my wife my re-organising of the channels "did something" that caused windows to not boot anymore which was work done in the wee hours to avoid interupting anything.

Last person to touch it broke it and explaining that i was actually working on a second disk wouldnt buy me an succor.

STC

Post by STC » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:48 pm

I find if you keep your head down, and make little eye contact, with the occasional whimper, you should be able to gain control back of the MC PC within a day or two :P

roswellgrey

Post by roswellgrey » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:52 pm

Interesting post

When I set up dual sat last year ( on 19.2 and 28.2 ) I was pleasantly surprised that it just worked (locale set to UK)

The EPG populated with both sets of channels, the time zone(s) were handled correctly and the only pita is sorting out the mis-mash of channels that resulted in the EPG.

The big difference between us is that I am not using a diseqc switch - I have 2 discrete feeds from 2 dishes to 2 sat cards.

Wonder if its the combined, diseqc-switched feed into one sat card that 7MC cannot easily deal with, EPG-wise ?

Just a thought ...

Fleadh

Post by Fleadh » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:23 pm

Perhaps, I have only one card though so cant test that theory.

Thing is its not a case of ALL, its most. I can get epg data for a lot of the two satellites channels, but of the Polish FTA I only get about 3 out of 11 or so channels. I can also get EPG data for a good few channels I have turned off.

Ive been playing about a bit andthere really is a large difference between what listings are available depending on which location I put in. I still have to try the setups metioned previously and fingers crossed it sorts the issue.

roswellgrey

Post by roswellgrey » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:37 pm

sorry - i thought it was an "all or nothing" situation. As this isn't the case, my theory is obviously totally wrong ... :?

Fleadh

Post by Fleadh » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:33 pm

I'm not at home right now but If you can check at some point do you get guide listings for TVP Polonia, TVP Kultura and Viva Polska?

roswellgrey

Post by roswellgrey » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:13 pm

No problem (note that I am using 19.2e, not Hotbird) ...

19.2e doesn't carry Viva Polska, but it does carry the other 2

TVP Kultura - get about 30 hours worth of listings (as of now it goes up to 0100 on the 22nd June)
TVP Polonia - listings source is called "TV Polonia" ( its missing the P - this threw me for a minute) and as per above you get about 30 hours worth of listings.

Seems strange that there is just over a day's worth of listings - usually its a now/next (inband only), 1 week or 2 weeks worth ...

If it grows (future programming wise) over the next few days, I will update ...

Update : checked it Tues AM and unfortunately still only goes up to 0100 tomorrow, so there now less than 24hrs worth of listings
i.e. its not updating the channels in question despite a scheduled overnight guide data download and a few manual ones to try to prod it into life. Yet other channels on 19.2 are updating just fine.

I suspect that there is something screwy going on with my box here. Whatever stimulated it to get the initial days worth of listings obviously hasn't carried over to normal operation. You might have better luck than me :)

HTH

roswellgrey

Post by roswellgrey » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:24 am

roswellgrey wrote:
When I set up dual sat last year ( on 19.2 and 28.2 ) I was pleasantly surprised that it just worked (locale set to UK)

The EPG populated with both sets of channels, the time zone(s) were handled correctly and the only pita is sorting out the mis-mash of channels that resulted in the EPG.
After looking at the Polish channels in trying to help Fleadh, for the sake of accuracy I feel that I should qualify my previous comment :o

The EPG listings for the channels that I am interested in work just fine with my 2 sat setup.

However, after looking at the TVP channels, I am now confused as to its intermittant operation.
Initially I got 30 hours of listings, but it then got stuck, and no amount of prodding it can make it download any more.

I have to wonder if there is any data for it to get, or whether this is a similar problem to the one I had with a seemingly stuck UK freeview/freesat channel.

So, out of interest, if anyone else is pointing at 19.2 or Hotbird ... do you get EPG listings for TVP Kultura and TVP Polonia ?

NWW

Post by NWW » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:13 pm

Hi,

I'm tryng to add the MS Guide Service for my Belgian DVB-T provider and for CanalSat (19.2E), and for Freesat UK using the MC Guide Service (XMLTV only for the missing channels).

Currently using DVBLink TVSource, but having configured MC to be in Belgium, only the Guide for Belgian DVB-T is included.

How can I add multiple countries into MC Guide?

NWW

Post by NWW » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:01 pm

Thank you but I'm still confused...

The GUI to mc2xml only allows me to set one country to download as XMLTV... The website states something about a command line, but, frankly, i'm kind of lost as to where I should input the commands...

EDIT

For those interrested

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/xmltv ... cks-59374/