Guide Updates - Download Issues

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
B16mts

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by B16mts » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:49 pm

Just done the freesat set up as above. But it wont save the output file. Unit 11 error. Ive run it again as the sky tv one and it seems to have gone through. However when i go in wmc to edit the channels, theres no sign of my new listing info, so ive currently acheived nothing.

Please dont make me call sky and return to them again.

Why cant windows just leave things alone!

asm495

Post by asm495 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:12 pm

Check you don't have Media Center running when you run EPG Collector. This includes any Extenders. I found I had issues until I had ensured that was the case. If there are any other errors then scan through the log file to see if there are any other earlier error messages or warnings.

andyroo

Post by andyroo » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:28 pm

Thanks for the help but still no luck..

The HD channels still say 'data not available'...

I followed the guide carefully..all channels showed up including the HD channels.

here is my epgcollector.log file..

i am using windows 8 and reading the log it looks like a problem with WMCutility. I can't see a specific version for Windows 8.

cheers.
Attachments
EPG Collector.zip
(35.06 KiB) Downloaded 86 times

Heuer

Post by Heuer » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:49 pm

Similar problem here with C4HD disappearing after I ran EPG Collector. Other HD channels are there, the C4HD channel guide is shown in EPG Collector but I can't find the channel itself. I have tried running a single transponder scan (11127v/22000) to no avail. On the other hand it found a new channel - 4Seven - which is on the same transponder as C4HD. :crazy:

fuzzypiglet

Post by fuzzypiglet » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:56 pm

I followed the guide and it worked perfect for me except for a couple of settings on EPG Collector. Are you guys that are missing the HD channels specific to freeview rather than freesat?

I am using a dish, not an antenna.

Heuer

Post by Heuer » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:23 pm

I am on Freesat. Only way I could get everything back (i.e. C4HD) was to re-run TV signal setup from scratch, run single transponder scan to catch any missing channels (BBC One HD, ITV1 HD, C4HD & 5*/USA/5 in my case) and then manually edit each channel to work with the 'EPG Collector' guide data. This is using a TBS 6981 DVBS tuner.

Seems when I ran EPG Collector first time it screwed up my tuner list in some way.

asm495

Post by asm495 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:44 pm

I should say that I did re-setup all my tuners. I thought after the event that this was probably unnecessary but maybe it is required! For reference here are all the transponders I manually scan after doing the satellite setup (sorry for the messy layout but it has been copied and pasted from a number of different sources):

Carrier Frequency 10847MHz
Symbol Rate = 23000 kSymbols/s
Polarity = Vertical

Carrier Frequency 11126MHz
Symbol Rate = 22000 kSymbols/s
Polarity = Vertical

TP 40 12480 V 27500 2/3

Frequency: 10.80275 GHz
Horizontal polarisation
Modulation: DVB-S, QPSK
Symbol rate: 22.0 Mbaud
Frequency: 10.78800 GHz
Vertical polarisation
Modulation: DVB-S, QPSK
Symbol rate: 22.0 Mbaud

freq: 10832MHz, Symbol rate: 22000 Polarity Horizontal.

10964 H
DVB-S/MPEG-2 22000 5/6

andyroo

Post by andyroo » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:11 pm

fuzzypiglet wrote:I followed the guide and it worked perfect for me except for a couple of settings on EPG Collector. Are you guys that are missing the HD channels specific to freeview rather than freesat?

I am using a dish, not an antenna.

I'm using an antenna..still no HD Channels in the guide..only 'data not available'.

KungFuKid

Post by KungFuKid » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:21 pm

When matching the listings to the channels Im only getting the -EPG collector suffix on some channels and also series link is not working, any help will be gratefully received!

willydoit

Post by willydoit » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:24 pm

Hi all,
I have a freesat tuner and a freeview tuner and am trying to get Uk listings into media center. So far I am having no luck but I am persevering. When trying to import listing using my freeview tuner It all apears to go as I would expect until it gets to the end of collecting epg data when I get the message "The collection process has completed with exit code 13. The collection finished normally but no data was collected."

I am sure I have followed all the previously provided instructions, can anyone point me in the right direction as to what I have done wrong?
If I go to the channels tab and start a scan I get all my freeview channels listed so I assume the tuner info and requency is correct.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

asm495

Post by asm495 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:24 pm

KungFuKid wrote:When matching the listings to the channels Im only getting the -EPG collector suffix on some channels and also series link is not working, any help will be gratefully received!
For the series link ensure that on "Output" under "Windows Media Centre Options" that "Flag all programmes as part of a series" is set.

Not sure about why some channels aren't listed. I found all the ones I needed. Which ones are you missing?

Heuer

Post by Heuer » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:32 pm

KungFuKid wrote:When matching the listings to the channels Im only getting the -EPG collector suffix on some channels and also series link is not working, any help will be gratefully received!
Check the EPG Collector log report as it will tell you what channels data has been collected for.

AvinThat

Post by AvinThat » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:42 pm

Hi all, I've noticed that someone posted here that Windows 7 captures the TV guide OTA. Does this apply to Windows 8 too?

Cheers

Stu

Guido22

Post by Guido22 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:47 pm

B16mts wrote:Just done the freesat set up as above. But it wont save the output file. Unit 11 error. Ive run it again as the sky tv one and it seems to have gone through. However when i go in wmc to edit the channels, theres no sign of my new listing info, so ive currently acheived nothing.

Had the same problem - you need to run EPG Centre as Administrator(hold Shift key down / right mouse click the icon- 'Run as Administrator')... this should then work.

Guido22

Post by Guido22 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:50 pm

Assuming EPG Centre will download the listings - it does take AGES, is it possible to pre-select the channel listings that are of interest to avoid downloading ALL...?

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:57 pm

Yes, go to the channels tab and tick the channels that you want to exclude. (I exclude all, then untick the channels that I want data for).
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

fuzzypiglet

Post by fuzzypiglet » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:02 pm

willydoit wrote:when I get the message "The collection process has completed with exit code 13. The collection finished normally but no data was collected."
Check and make sure you haven't selected any region settings, I put my region in first time and got that error

Heuer

Post by Heuer » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:03 pm

My Channels tab is empty even after I have asked it to do a scan - how do you get it populated?

However after spending my entire day on this I now have EPG collector working!

B16mts

Post by B16mts » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:07 pm

Guido22 wrote:
B16mts wrote:Just done the freesat set up as above. But it wont save the output file. Unit 11 error. Ive run it again as the sky tv one and it seems to have gone through. However when i go in wmc to edit the channels, theres no sign of my new listing info, so ive currently acheived nothing.

Had the same problem - you need to run EPG Centre as Administrator(hold Shift key down / right mouse click the icon- 'Run as Administrator')... this should then work.
Superb, that solved that problem. However i have nothing in wmc to suggest i have done anything. When looking to edit the channels there nothing else there.

Martin

Ps. I had some issues with wmc locking up months ago and it was put down to a corrupted file, so i changed something putting a library as read only i think. Can't remember what i did but it fixed that problem. Could that be hindering me?

fuzzypiglet

Post by fuzzypiglet » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:09 pm

You now have to manually edit each channel in mc and set the listing to the newly added listing