Guide Updates - Download Issues

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
milli260876

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by milli260876 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:12 pm

I think I was missing channel 5 it is named as such NOT five as on the m$ epg...
Some people may find issues fixed by ticking run as admin in the properties of epg collector. There is a regedit to do for the wmcutility issue which it tells you in the epgcollector if you scroll back up. You have to add a dword with 1 as value. I'm on my phone so can't confirm that sorry....
other issues can be if you input your locale &/or metadata. It wouldn't work for me if I tried importing meta or getting my Yorkshire region.
Series links were questionable at best by m$ so I definitely recommend the tick box for treat all programmes as series... :-)
Lee

KungFuKid

Post by KungFuKid » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:13 pm

asm495 wrote:
KungFuKid wrote:When matching the listings to the channels Im only getting the -EPG collector suffix on some channels and also series link is not working, any help will be gratefully received!
For the series link ensure that on "Output" under "Windows Media Centre Options" that "Flag all programmes as part of a series" is set.

Not sure about why some channels aren't listed. I found all the ones I needed. Which ones are you missing?
Thanks for that, I didn't check that option so hopefully that will sort that one out! All the BBC channels for my region Channel 4 and 5 so far....

Guido22

Post by Guido22 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:14 pm

holidayboy wrote:Yes, go to the channels tab and tick the channels that you want to exclude. (I exclude all, then untick the channels that I want data for).
If I Exclude All - Exception error and EPG bombs out....

Also, I have created the XML file but when I go into Edit Listing info for say Channel 4 - I then scroll through the listing to the Channel 4 entries and I should see a listing with EPG Collector suffix? ....
Regretably, I dont..... have I misinterpreted something here?

willydoit

Post by willydoit » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:36 pm

Hi all,
Just a quick one, in order to retrieve uk freesat listings what settings should I have in the delivery system section?

I have selected 28.2 e eurobird but the default settings dont bring any channels in, sorry if its a basic question but I am fast losing the will to live and if I dont get an episode guide into wmc before 9pm to record Gary Barlow on ITV HD my life wont be worth living.!!!!

Thanks in advance

B16mts

Post by B16mts » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:39 pm

fuzzypiglet wrote:You now have to manually edit each channel in mc and set the listing to the newly added listing

But when i try to do that, there is no other listing on there.

andyroo

Post by andyroo » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:58 pm

been trying all day to get the HD channels displaying..anyone have any idea how to fix the wmcutility error in windows 8? (stops working when running epg collect). I think that's the trouble i have when trying this?

thanks.

Guido22

Post by Guido22 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:34 pm

B16mts wrote:
fuzzypiglet wrote:You now have to manually edit each channel in mc and set the listing to the newly added listing

But when i try to do that, there is no other listing on there.
Yes - I too have successfully created the XML EPG file, but there are no listing entries with the suffix EPG Collector therein when I go into WMC to configure the channel listing itself.....

viewpoint

Post by viewpoint » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:37 pm

Hi Everyone,
I have lost the EPG in my Windows XP media Center Edition. It looks like this is a common problem from 1/1/13. Does anyone have a clear explanation for what is going on - and is it possible to use the EPG Collector program for my setup to get the EPG data back in to my media center? --> WinXP MCE

Thanks for your help and happy new year!

Marc

peterfc2

Post by peterfc2 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:01 pm

I have the following for winter hill
start date 1/1/0001 1200am
end date 1/1/2013 11am
Does that mean there not transmitting to guide any more
?

nzsjb

Post by nzsjb » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:34 pm

Hi I'm the author of EPG Collector. Sorry to hear about your MC guide issues.

I'll look in regularly to see if I can be of assistance. There should be no problems in collecting a 7 day guide for Freeview, FreeSat or Sky. I have many users already doing the same thing as well as several thousand other users around the world collecting various formats of OTA EPG data. Also the metadata look up can enhance the data to near the same level as just about any other source.

And it's all perfectly legal, no encrpytion broken or hacked.

Also you might consider posting on the Sourceforge support forum. I get a notification about each post and it's a lot easier processing separate threads rather than a large number of queries in a single thread.

One post I noticed mentioned it taking a long time to collect data. You have probably enabled metadata lookup with the defaults. The initial run for this will take a long time as it builds the local databases and image collections (8 hours plus for a complete FreeSat collection) but after that it will be much quicker, possibly around 8-10 minutes. If you stick with the metadata lookup defaults it will take around an hour a day for a week to 10 days and then reduce. Any tuner in use is released after the data is collected (a couple of minutes normally for FreeSat) so locking up the hardware for long periods is not an issue.

Steve

nzsjb

Post by nzsjb » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:36 pm

Oh and I forgot - the poster who is having problems on Win8.

You need to download and install fixpack 1 from Sourceforge.

NWW

Post by NWW » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:45 pm

Hey nzsjb, nice to see you here! :)

nzsjb

Post by nzsjb » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:53 pm

I used to pop in a couple of years ago but very few picked up on EPG Collector so I dropped out.

Everything comes to those who wait........

andyroo

Post by andyroo » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 pm

nzsjb wrote:Oh and I forgot - the poster who is having problems on Win8.

You need to download and install fixpack 1 from Sourceforge.

hi , thanks for popping in..appreciated.

not sure if it's me you're referring to regarding the W8 problems..but thanks anyway, i will go look for the fixpack1 right now.

cheers.

Edit...couldn't find the fixpack 1 download over there? Any chance of a link please?

nzsjb

Post by nzsjb » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:25 am

Here you go. Same place as the base package.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/epgcol ... iles/V4.0/

Read the release notes as well.

MikeSin

Post by MikeSin » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:11 am

Any one suffering from this problem is encouraged to visit Microsoft Connect, register and provide fedback on the Media Center Program Guide Data product which is accepting "bug" reports - many victims of the guide update porblem have already done so - https://connect.microsoft.com/directory/

andyroo

Post by andyroo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:46 am

Thanks a lot nzsjb..will give it a go as soon as work is over today.

mark1234

Post by mark1234 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:00 am

Day 2 in the Big Brother house.
epg.jpg
via Digiguide & MCE 7 Reset Toolbox
Windows Media Centre - Abandoned by Microsoft

billyprice

Post by billyprice » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:33 am

I have manually downloaded the guide. Windows reports guide downloaded, but still no entries in guide.

[Moderator note: topic merged; please search before posting]

asm495

Post by asm495 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:45 am

Did you not see the most popular thread on this board?

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... &start=400