Guide Keeps Resetting Channels

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
KevboKev

HTPC Specs: Show details

Guide Keeps Resetting Channels

Post by KevboKev » Mon May 14, 2018 1:25 pm

I just updated my Comcast channel lineup to have a lot more channels, so I manually added them back into my guide by going to Settings > TV > Edit Channels. I checked all the channels I now have and they show up in the guide. Great! Next day, all the new channels I added were gone and it was only showing my original list of channels from before again. So I went back in and checked them all again, and this morning, the guide was back to my old listing again.

I used EPG123, and it's been great! I believe my guide updates every day at 2 am, and obviously it is, because my guide reverts back to what I had before I added all these channels. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I opened EPG123 and all the channels I want are checked, with the check meaning to "add" the channels. I have always been really good with fixing any issues I've had with WMC, but I can't seem to figure this one out. Thanks!

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:47 am

This is a bit confusing. Are you using EPG123 or MS/Rovi? If EPG123, did you do Step 1 - Clean Start? What version of EPG123?

If you are EPG123 only, then I would suspect that you have 2 instances of EPG123 "installed". Your scheduled task is probably pointing to a different location which is not configured with the newly added channels.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri May 18, 2018 3:26 am

@KevboKev: did you get this resolved?
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io