Midco Channels renumbered - Who to talk to?

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
luv2chill

HTPC Specs: Show details

Midco Channels renumbered - Who to talk to?

Post by luv2chill » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:36 pm

Hi all, my cable company is Midco. A couple days ago they renumbered their channel lineup. I use a CableCard with a HDHomeRun Prime. I can run a channel scan on the HDHR web page or the HDHR app and it shows everything in the new (correct) assignments. But WMC7 is still showing the old channel assignments in the guide. I tried re-running the tuner setup, even choosing an adjacent ZIP code to try to force it to re-load the data. But it's still showing the old info.

So I'm guessing that Midco hasn't reported their new lineup to WMC's guide provider (Rovi?). So do I need to call Midco and tell them that, or can I go directly to Rovi to report it?

One other question--I think I read here or somewhere that TiVo also uses the same guide info as WMC. Does that mean that anyone in my city with a TiVo is also going to have the same problem? I hope this is the case, because I'd venture to guess there are a lot more TiVos out there than WMC setups, thus more clout to actually get this issue fixed soon. Would make it easier to report to Midco too if I can just tell them I'm on a TiVo rather than have to explain WMC to them.

If anyone has any advice on how I can best address this I'd much appreciate it. Oh, and I am aware of the alternate guide provider, but at this point I'm not ready to go that route.

Thanks!

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:26 pm

https://connect.microsoft.com/site1145/Feedback

I think you need to sign in with a live / Hotmail account to view it....

It's where you report guide data issues....
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

Space

Post by Space » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:54 pm

Forget about the Microsoft Connect site, there has been no evidence that anyone from Microsoft is looking at it.

The best option is to send an email to lineup@tivo.com with your zip code, provider lineup and pointers to your provider's website and lineup (if available on their website).

TiVo devices do use the same lineups, so you are right in that TiVo users are also having the problem, so it may have already been reported to them.

luv2chill

Post by luv2chill » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:06 am

Thanks guys. I'll contact TiVo.

luv2chill

Post by luv2chill » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:36 am

Either your tip worked or a bunch of angry TiVo owners raised hell, because today the new lineup was there.

Thanks again!

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:48 am

It usually takes 2-3 days for the lineup changes to show in the guide.