Missing certain channel data

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
clixby

HTPC Specs: Show details

Missing certain channel data

Post by clixby » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:28 pm

All,

I have an annoying problem with the guide data on my production machine. I recently bought an antenna to compliment my cable programming. I was testing the waters on cutting the cord, and also wanted to get Baltimore channels (I live near DC). I have WMC running on an old laptop to test things with, and I after I attached the antenna to an HDHomerun, ran the setup, and everything worked great. After that, I went to reproduce the setup on my production box, and none of the Baltimore stations have guide data. My zip code is the same on both systems, so I don't understand what's occurring here. I've manually downloaded the guide data a bunch of times, removed the tuner, added it back in, still nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

clixby

Post by clixby » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:01 am

Anyone have ideas on this? I still do not get any channel data on my production machine for stations that are not in my immediate area, even though I do on my test machine. Are there some troubleshooting steps I can take to see where things are failing?

Thanks

Space

Post by Space » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:47 am

Are the channels mapped to the correct listings? You can "Edit Channel" and then "Edit Listings" to see (and change) the listing that is assigned to each channel. You can compare things between your working system and the non-working one.

I think the reason you are not getting any responses here is because you need to provide more information on what you are seeing and what you have tried, etc. With your current description there are too many possibilities to start listing them all. For instance saying "none of the Baltimore stations have guide data" can mean several things (you are missing those channels completely from the guide, the guide has the channels but the listings are blank, or it says "Data not available", etc.).