Missing channels in recorder

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
helpful55

HTPC Specs: Show details

Missing channels in recorder

Post by helpful55 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:03 pm

I think this is something that just came about on it's own. Usual kind of thing. Suddenly some of my channels are not listed when I go to record. Of course it is the important ones like 6.1 or 8.1, 6.2 or 8.2 work. I have made sure they are listed with edit and they do play just fine live. Does anyone know what I am missing to set these back in for access? Thanks.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:34 pm

Check to make sure your tuners are enabled for those channels.

[settings]->[TV]->[Guide]->[Edit Channels], select the Name/Callsign for channel 6.1, and select [Edit Sources]. Make sure all the tuners are checked. Do the same for the rest of the channels.

Turns out the tuners are available for Live viewing regardless of the checkbox state, but for recording you will need at least 1 of the sources checked to record anything on that channel.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

helpful55

Post by helpful55 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:43 pm

I looked at 6.1 (the only problem channel I have) and they were all checked, For 12.1 (one that already worked) they were checked also. I can record on 6.1 by using the record by using guide but not by using channel and time. Although the former may usually work for me I need to be able to set by channel and time. I think this just came about by some glitch as I'm pretty sure it worked before.