WMC guide has no channel numbers

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
Ken H

Location: Ann Arbor, home of the NCAA College Football National Champions!

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC guide has no channel numbers

Post by Ken H » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:11 am

Seems like this has happened to me before but I can't remember how to fix it.

I was having guide data issues and only had data for my local channel on one of my PC's. The other two I use for WMC were fine, so I did a complete setup from scratch and although I'm now getting data for all channels, the guide has no channel numbers. I though it was related to My Channel Logos, so I deleted MCL and did another setup which still did not work.

Any ideas?

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:38 am

Ken H wrote:Seems like this has happened to me before but I can't remember how to fix it.

I was having guide data issues and only had data for my local channel on one of my PC's. The other two I use for WMC were fine, so I did a complete setup from scratch and although I'm now getting data for all channels, the guide has no channel numbers. I though it was related to My Channel Logos, so I deleted MCL and did another setup which still did not work.

Any ideas?
I actually had this happen recently as well. I believe it was due to running WMC TV Setup when you have "Big" logos in MCL XL enabled. To get everything back, I just toggled the Big Logos setting in MCL XL. I also removed all logos but that was probably unnecessary.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Ken H

Location: Ann Arbor, home of the NCAA College Football National Champions!

Post by Ken H » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:50 am

garyan2 wrote:
Ken H wrote:Seems like this has happened to me before but I can't remember how to fix it.

Any ideas?
I actually had this happen recently as well. I believe it was due to running WMC TV Setup when you have "Big" logos in MCL XL enabled. To get everything back, I just toggled the Big Logos setting in MCL XL. I also removed all logos but that was probably unnecessary.
That did it, thank you very much. I don't understand why deleting MCL wouldn't do the same. Whatever.

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:48 am

Deleting MCL wouldn't do anything in this case because what is does is modify the WMC binary. Once it has done that, removing MCL won't undo the change to WMC.

soapdishbandit

Post by soapdishbandit » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:46 am

garyan2 wrote:

Any ideas?
Sorry for reviving the old post, but I had this issue recently (redid WMC setup as I switched from a Ceton to an HDHR3-CC). Glad I found this post! Thanks for your help!