Guide data has stopped updating

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
erkotz

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by erkotz » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:40 pm

I also confirmed that my HTPC has no guide data past 2/8/12. I just run the alarms again, we'll see what the response is - hopefully things won't get quite as close to the wire as they did last time :-)
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:50 pm

My end date is 2/8/20112 at 10:00 PM central time.
Last edited by richard1980 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:55 pm

erkotz wrote:I also confirmed that my HTPC has no guide data past 2/8/12. I just run the alarms again, we'll see what the response is - hopefully things won't get quite as close to the wire as they did last time :-)
Question is.. why does this keep happening? :shock:

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:17 am

newfiend wrote:
erkotz wrote:I also confirmed that my HTPC has no guide data past 2/8/12. I just run the alarms again, we'll see what the response is - hopefully things won't get quite as close to the wire as they did last time :-)
Question is.. why does this keep happening? :shock:
Good news is I already heard back from the MS folks and they were already aware of the issue. At this point they expect it to be resolved tomorrow.

makryger

Post by makryger » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:22 am

Shouldn't this be automatic? What bugs to they keep running into that is causing the reoccurences?
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

carljanderson

Post by carljanderson » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:23 am

newfiend wrote: Question is.. why does this keep happening? :shock:
Because there is no one with the Windows development teams that actually know anything about Media Center. All those who knew the ins and out of the Media Center code are long gone from MC (if not MS), and no one has taken the time to understand the code and as such is just writing band aids (see the Cover Art in the Movie Guide now vs. when I started the ticket)

The above is pure speculation on my part, based off of my experience with #1) the Cover Art issue, #2) my EAS issue, and #3) the 29/59 bug. But hey, I am only one year into the product and still love it.

carljanderson

Post by carljanderson » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:26 am

erkotz wrote:
Good news is I already heard back from the MS folks and they were already aware of the issue. At this point they expect it to be resolved tomorrow.
Thanks Eric.

But no thanks for preventing an all out panic. :lol:

UCBearcat

Post by UCBearcat » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:47 pm

I forced a guide update last night when I got home. Now it is reporting end date Feb 13. Thanks for alerting MS of the trouble!

genro

Post by genro » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:35 pm

Erkotz, any chance you can get someone from MS to look into why Sports scores stopped working properly? Only a couple of sports show now. It's been like this for weeks and I know its not a one off thing (tested on 5 different PC's). Thanks!

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:20 pm

MS indicated that the guide issue should be resolved, and I can confirm that I have guide data through 2/13 on my box.
As far as sports, let me see if I can figure out how it's supposed to work - to be honest, I've never used it. No promises, but if i can bring it to someone's attention, that may work.

genro

Post by genro » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:24 pm

erkotz wrote:MS indicated that the guide issue should be resolved, and I can confirm that I have guide data through 2/13 on my box.
As far as sports, let me see if I can figure out how it's supposed to work - to be honest, I've never used it. No promises, but if i can bring it to someone's attention, that may work.
Thanks! Basically going to Sports -> Scores now only lists a couple of sports (I think NFL and something else), when before it used to list all the major sports and their scores. It's been like this for several weeks. It is updating scores for the couple of sports shown, but obviously isn't too useful in its current state. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:51 pm

genro wrote:
erkotz wrote:MS indicated that the guide issue should be resolved, and I can confirm that I have guide data through 2/13 on my box.
Thanks! Basically going to Sports -> Scores now only lists a couple of sports (I think NFL and something else), when before it used to list all the major sports and their scores. It's been like this for several weeks. It is updating scores for the couple of sports shown, but obviously isn't too useful in its current state. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks.
On my WMC box I see NFL (with one score) NBA (with 6 scores) and PGA (with one score) - to be honest, I don't know what other sports are currently in season - what else would we expect to see here?
I just reached out to the people I was working with on the guide data - I'm not certain if they can assist, but I'll at least ask.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:50 pm

erkotz wrote:to be honest, I don't know what other sports are currently in season - what else would we expect to see here?
Hockey!! The NHL scores have been missing from WMC for quite sometime.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

UCBearcat

Post by UCBearcat » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:44 pm

Heh... I've only had Media Center going for about a month, so that's the only way I've every seen it work. I just thought that portion of it sucked.. Now that you guys pointed out that it isn't supposed to be like that, I can't wait to see it work properly.
College Basketball is in full swing now too... Is that usually in the scores section?

Hogues

Post by Hogues » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:09 pm

erkotz wrote:No promises, but if i can bring it to someone's attention, that may work.
That would be awesome! I only have the NFL and PGA. I really miss the NBA and NCAA and I will miss MLB before too long. Thanks for the help, erkotz. BTW, my guide finally updated last night.

genro

Post by genro » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:20 pm

erkotz wrote:
genro wrote:
On my WMC box I see NFL (with one score) NBA (with 6 scores) and PGA (with one score) - to be honest, I don't know what other sports are currently in season - what else would we expect to see here?
I just reached out to the people I was working with on the guide data - I'm not certain if they can assist, but I'll at least ask.
It's missing Hockey, College Sports (at least Men's basketball, not sure what other college sports it usually tracks).

webminster

Post by webminster » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:45 am

My Sports "on later" display has only NCAABB. Have NHL, NFL, and others selected to display, but nothing. Not even the Super Bowl is showing.
-Alan

bmblank

Post by bmblank » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:20 am

also had poor luck with sports scores AND on later. I've noticed alt of times it won't show a game if the teams aren't in the guide data,e.g. Championship games where teams are tbd.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:54 pm

Update: MS apparently has located an issue with the sports data feed and is working with their provider to resolve it.

STC

Post by STC » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:00 pm

Wow, Thanks Eric for the inside job! :D
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123