Criminal Minds - New Episode - marked Repeat

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
Markinsac

HTPC Specs: Show details

Criminal Minds - New Episode - marked Repeat

Post by Markinsac » Thu May 04, 2017 9:00 am

Criminal Minds - season ending on May 10th - marked as season finale AND repeat

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:46 am

Kevin Can Wait was apparently also marked as a repeat, because it didn't record for me. The rest of Monday night did, though.

It shows so far that next Monday's episode will record, though. I'll monitor that as the week progresses.

So maybe it's a CBS thing.

I've also noticed that OTA network shows are coming across with absolutely no descriptions. Titles, but not descriptions.

dkrom

Post by dkrom » Thu May 04, 2017 3:43 pm

Markinsac wrote:Criminal Minds - season ending on May 10th - marked as season finale AND repeat
This was the reason I moved to epg123. I missed a few shows a few months ago which prompted me to make the move. The data for epg123 correctly marked my recording of criminal minds as new and it's on my schedule.

Markinsac

Post by Markinsac » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:55 am

After getting updates after last week's guide outage, I noted that multiple CBS shows were not scheduled to record. None of them were marked as repeats, but did have original air dates of the week before (the prior week was the start of this year's season). I set several shows to record manually - it appears that it only affected this week.

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:33 pm

Markinsac wrote:After getting updates after last week's guide outage, I noted that multiple CBS shows were not scheduled to record. None of them were marked as repeats, but did have original air dates of the week before (the prior week was the start of this year's season). I set several shows to record manually - it appears that it only affected this week.
Yes. MacGyver and Hawaii 5-0 got caught up in that.

I do remember that last week, the description for MacGyver did not match up with what they actually showed--and I noticed this week that what they played was the show that matched last week's description.

So Rovi got screwed up last week with what shows were what.

Space

Post by Space » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:27 pm

The "Repeat" indicator in WMC is attached to an airing of an episode if the OAD (Original Air Date) is within 7 days of the day that that instance of the episode is airing.

If it is marked as "Repeat" then that airing will not be considered "New" for purposes of a Series recording.

In this case, it appears that the guide had the same episode listed this week and last week (as if it was repeating the episode that aired last week). When this occurs, it does not matter what the OAD is, because WMC will never record the same episode (or in this case, what it thinks is the same episode) more than once for any particular Series.

So, even if the OAD was correct, and the episode was marked as "New" (i.e. not marked as Repeat) it would still not record due to WMC thinking that it already recorded that episode the week before.

cadprofessor

Post by cadprofessor » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:15 am

Having the same issue with NCIS New Orleans. The other 3 CBS shows are not showing as repeats this week.